Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
611.jpg
Now this is a pic I have been waiting to see for a while now.
I know I have mentioned it before but I am just still blown away. I never would have guessed way back when that my Nikto sculpt would be used to create every damn Nikto in ROTJ!
Chris you have done a fu king awesome job painting,outfitting,& bringing these guys to life.:hi5:

Those Niktos are seriously off the hook!! I'm stunned by their 'scum and villainy' goodness :arr ...the paint aps look awesome, but the real-jaw-dropper for me are the outfits:thud: - did you bash these, sew em up from scratch, or some combination of the two?

Thanks everyone. :)

Now this is a pic I have been waiting to see for a while now.
I know I have mentioned it before but I am just still blown away. I never would have guessed way back when that my Nikto sculpt would be used to create every damn Nikto in ROTJ!
Chris you have done a fu king awesome job painting,outfitting,& bringing these guys to life.:hi5:

Duane, your sculpts are AMAZING my friend, they are a pleasure to paint. Jabba's goons have always been my favorite, and thanks to you I am able to custom build 8 or so of them. I really appreciate the kind words mate. I am already trying to sort out a Squid Head outfit by the way, so get his hands done ASAP! . :D

Those Niktos are seriously off the hook!! I'm stunned by their 'scum and villainy' goodness :arr ...the paint aps look awesome, but the real-jaw-dropper for me are the outfits:thud: - did you bash these, sew em up from scratch, or some combination of the two?

Cheers man, I appreciate it.

The outfits are a lot of fun to do. I pick up most of my shirts and pants from Toy Anxiety. They ones I use are usually from Ignite toys. I like using them because they are really cheap and are easy to cut up and paint. I also have a large box of leather bits that I use to make belts, holsters, shoulder bells, guantlets, headgear etc. I also use cut up T-shirts and bath towels to make parts of outfits. Sometimes I do some minor sculpting to make things like Nysad's helmet, Ree-Yees' neck, etc.

My paint apps are average, but what I try to do is make each one look a bit different. What I like most about Jabba's guards are all the different colors in all the various outfits. Its a challenge trying to match the colors from the reference pictures, but fun. Once the right colors and proper weathering are added to the outfits, its really cool seeing Duane's sculpts come to life.:)

I was lucky enough to get a couple more of Unsung's fantastic Weequay headsculpts in the post yesterday.

Here are a couple shots after I painted up the heads.....

Sail Barge Weequay
701.jpg

Queequeg
700.jpg

Next up is the hair and to get the outfits sorted out.

Unsung, thanks again. Your sculpts are awesome mate! :)

Chris

Thanks guys.

I did a Sail Barge Weequay a couple years ago. When looking at it today I wasnt happy with it so I decided to start from scratch and do the outfit again.

Here is what I used: Endor Rebel shirt and jacket(modded), Hand-made tunic cut up from a T-Shirt and hand made skirt also cut from an old shirt. I still need to weather him up and add the holster.

720.jpg

721.jpg

719.jpg

718.jpg

I plan on doing the boots and gaithers later this week. :)

Thanks guys!

Yes mate, it is nice to have some dollie time. :)

Unsung, skiffguards.com has a lot of great reference pictures. Here is the picture I am using for this Weequay....

weequay-prod.jpg

Thanks BigGuy, I appreciat it mate. Yes, Im sure Mark has time to build a Sail Barge or a couple of skiffs for me. :D

I started weathering the outfit today. I am not finished, still need to decide how much weathering I want on the tunic. Thats why there is some on part of it and the rest is clean. I got the boots I wanted and the pants painted to what I think the color is.

I added the holster and skiff blaster per reference pictures.

The hair is from my old version, I plan to redo it. It is just a stand in until I have some time to finish it. He needs hands, Unsung is taking care of that hopefully. :)

91.jpg

90.jpg

damn that really looks good as is chris.........:clap...........but im sure with your tweaks it will be even better. damn he's ugly......but in a good way....:)

Lubb dubb, lubb dubb, lubbdublubdublubublubdubthumpthump thumpaTHUMPATHUMPA :: pop ::! That was the sound my heart made as I was looking at the pics of your AWESOME, SCREEN ACCURATE custom! :medic This guy is the shiz!! I wouldn't weather him a whole lot more, looks pretty close to fin, I think. What did you use for the blaster and belt? This is the part of bashing a costume I always find most limiting and problematic. GREAT work! :clap:clap:clap

Cheers guys. I appreciate it. :)

Lubb dubb, lubb dubb, lubbdublubdublubublubdubthumpthump thumpaTHUMPATHUMPA :: pop ::! That was the sound my heart made as I was looking at the pics of your AWESOME, SCREEN ACCURATE custom! :medic This guy is the shiz!! I wouldn't weather him a whole lot more, looks pretty close to fin, I think. What did you use for the blaster and belt? This is the part of bashing a costume I always find most limiting and problematic. GREAT work! :clap:clap:clap

Thanks for the compliments mate. As far as weathering goes, I may undo some of it. I think I may have gone overboard a bit on the tunic, I was just seeing what a lot of sand would look like. We will see, I will touch him up a bit. :)

As far as the holster/belt and blaster, I just scratch built the belt/holster out of some leather bits, I still am going to add some ammo pouches. The blaster is a cast of the Hasbro Lando Skiff Guard blaster courtesy of my man Enaud. ;)

Chris

Back