Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going back and giving my Skiff guards a makeover/update. Next up, Kithaba.

First up was his jacket. I used the top/collar of the SSC Endor Rebel Soldier coat and then used a cut up shirt to make the rest of the it. When looking at reference pictures, it seems like they used the Endor jacket as a base for a lot of the costumes they threw together.

97.jpg

I then added all the pouches and details to the belt....

98.jpg

I then painted his jacvket and then slapped a new coat of red on then pants....

99-1.jpg

Next up is to redo the cargo pouches on his bandolier and to repaint the head. :)

damn those red pants almost look sculpted............:horror

awesome man just awesome...........:yess:

Thanks guys. I also have been working on my Weequay guards. I redid Queequeg's hair and got his outfit back together. God I miss Bill, his outfits are freaking fantastic. I still need to weather the outfit a bit and add the hands when I get them.

401.jpg

402.jpg

I didnt realize the lighting sucked so bad in those pics above (have had a few beers:D), so here is one in my display.

400.jpg

Skiffmaster is up next. :)

Totally great Chris!! You have the best guards!! I love the Barge one he looks great...

How are you gonna rework the Skiff master?

You really have no fear at all, that this'll end in building a skiff? Better head painting than on the others! Love it, great work, outstanding!

Thanks guys. I also have been working on my Weequay guards. I redid Queequeg's hair and got his outfit back together. God I miss Bill, his outfits are freaking fantastic. I still need to weather the outfit a bit and add the hands when I get them.

401.jpg

402.jpg

I didnt realize the lighting sucked so bad in those pics above (have had a few beers:D), so here is one in my display.

400.jpg

Skiffmaster is up next. :)

These look great! I'm glad you're having fun with the heads, and hands ship next week!

Thanks Gent, Ron. I appreciate the kind words fellas. :)

Totally great Chris!! You have the best guards!! I love the Barge one he looks great...

How are you gonna rework the Skiff master?

Thanks mate, you are too kind.

As far as the Skiffmaster, Im going to repaint the head, redo the belts and holster, repaint the pants and add some details to the shoes. I also need to redo is hair. Looking forward to taking a shot of all three of my Weequays when finished. :)

These look great! I'm glad you're having fun with the heads, and hands ship next week!

I am having a FREAKING BLAST mate!! These sculpts are fab, thanks soooo much for during a second run of them. The Skiff guards were always my favorites from the OT. Its great that talented sculptors like you and Duane have brought them to life. Cheers! :)

I am having a FREAKING BLAST mate!! These sculpts are fab, thanks soooo much for during a second run of them. The Skiff guards were always my favorites from the OT. Its great that talented sculptors like you and Duane have brought them to life. Cheers! :)

Yeah, Jabba's Palace was far more interesting to me as a kid than the Cantina. That's why my focus is usually on the creatures of Jedi. Yak Face and Amanaman aside, I do plan to do more from it, some of which have already been done, but I just enjoy doing the work myself. Another Weequay is also in the plans, but at 1:1 this time. I want to do a foam latex mask like was used in the film.

Its been a pretty busy week or so for me, I havent had much time to do anything.

I was able to work on Vedain today. I was able to get the head painted and finish up his helmet. He is pretty much finished. I just need to do the last few details like adding gloss and weathering. :)

778.jpg

780.jpg

777.jpg

Last edited:
sooooo cool Chris so cool... I love the wrist guards and the leather neck piece.. the studs really lift it to LOVE IT

Chris, I really admire your work, the attention to detail is outstanding! I've become a HUGE fan of your customs (probably doesn't hurt that they're Jabba's minions!) and I'm always looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with next. :clap:clap:clap

BTW, are those actual tiny studs or some kind of paint application? If they're actual studs, where do you find them that small?

Holy cow Chris!!! I'm gone a little bit and you pop out an OT Army lol, and Half of Jabba's crew hahaha, they all look totally awesome mate, I have to Say though Veer's I love. as always great work man, love them all.

Last edited:
Ron, Mark thanks so much. It means a lot coming from you guys. :)

What is the tunic you used for Weequay skiff master in the background? Is that a Vivisect creation?

I'm putting my other Unsung head to use as skiffmaster, so need a tunic...

Thanks. Yes, the Skiffmaster tunic is a Vivisect creation that I modded a bit. I do miss Bill.

Holy cow Chris!!! I'm gone a little bit and you pop out an OT Army lol, and Half of Jabba's crew hahaha, they all look totally awesome mate, I have to Say though Veer's I love. as always great work man, love them all.

Cheers mate, thanks! Glad to see you are back on the boards, I was wondering what had happened to you.

Chris, I really admire your work, the attention to detail is outstanding! I've become a HUGE fan of your customs (probably doesn't hurt that they're Jabba's minions!) and I'm always looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with next. :clap:clap:clap

BTW, are those actual tiny studs or some kind of paint application? If they're actual studs, where do you find them that small?

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. My paint apps arent the best, but its nice to know someone notices all the small details that I put into my outfits.

Those are actually studs. Mark was kind enough to send me a bag of them, not sure where he got them. I will have to ask him, they are fab.

400.jpg

This looks like a photo of costumes from a "Magic of the Myth" exhibition. Just outstanding work.

Cheers mate, thanks! :)

Awesome work mate, the Weequay on the right is stunning, the colors and cut are perfect.

Back