Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I am humbled by these pics...I've said it before in other threads, buts it bears repeating here: the Jabba's court/sailbarge scenes are some of my absolute favorite of he OT (going back to when I was 12 and saw them in the theater for the first time), so customizers who do these scene justice really are my heroes! :clap I love the SS Gamorrean guard, but standing next to your guys, he looks a little plastic-y, doesnt he? :wink1: Really, really great stuff! Costumes are spot on - I'm trying to bash together a few outfits right now, so I know how time consuming/frustrating the process can be. Paint aps are nice and solid (you should do some close-up pics!). I recognize some of Duane's sculpting in there, but who did the other work for the heads?

Hey thanks guys, I appreciate it. :) Yes, my paint apps are "solid", especially when compared with guys like Greggo, Mark and Unsung. Those guys are "phenominal".

No plans to a Sail Barge, but I have thought of making a Jabba's palace dio for my guys to hang out in.

As far as the headsculpts go: Unsung Hero did the Weequay, Mark did the Barada and Duane did the rest (Klaatu and Nikto). They are sensational sculpts and a pleasure to paint. They make my modest painting skills look great. I will take some closeup shots of them when I get a chance.

Cheers!

I havent had much time for anything the past few days, but was able to add a bit to my General Veers. Thanks to Mark I was able to add a blaster holster and some studs to the sides of the helmet.

115.jpg

Mark, thanks again mate! :)

i really dig that sculpt for veers...............have my armor set but he's still a ways off from starting. great job chris, he looks awesome.

Cheers Barryo. :)

As far as the Lando head in the Tomy helmet, it is a cast of the SSC Lando dremmeled down to fit in the helmet. Its not much too look at, but I will post some pics when I get a chance. I appreciate the feedback SWsqueak!

I started a repaint of the SSC Endor Soldier. The gear and outfits are pretty good for these guys, the colors and paint schemes are way off. Here is where I am at so far...

130.jpg

I still need to add some camo to the pants and redo the boots.

Love to see this growing - he already looks more camo than the original ...

Thanks guys! I did some more work on my Endor trooper today. I started working on the boots. The right one is done while his left foot (right in pic) in the pic still needs some paint and layering added to it.

Here is a shot of mine (right) next to and unmodded SSC Endor Soldier.

140.jpg

Here is a closeup of the boot. I wasnt sure what reference picture I wanted to use so I just went with something I liked...

142.jpg

Thanks guys!

Duane was kind enough to send me some tiny metal studs. So, I went back to work on Bom Vimdin. Here is an updated picture of him. Still loads to do on him, but he is getting there. Duane, thanks again mate!! :)

170.jpg

Back