Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some more on the "Unidentified Human Skiff Guard" today.

I cut up the helmet visor to make it more accurate. I still may tweak it some more.

Looking at the blu-ray Sarlaac scene, I did the lower legs/boots as best I could tell from the frame by frame shots.

0251042x1100.jpg

Looking incredible! You have an amazing eye for details. And you do these customs so effortlessly - and quickly!:thud:

Last edited:
Your work station is so damn clean! How the hell do you pull that off? I have crap everywhere at all times. :(

Great Skiff Guard, BTW! :rock

Thanks Flosi! Im glad you noticed how clean everything was, I just straightned up right before I took the pics. :)

Wow mate

I'm loving the cantina set and I can not wait to see your re- worked dengar

Cheers mate! I cant wait to start on Dengar.

Looking incredible! You have an amazing eye for details. And you do these customs so effortlessly - and quickly!:thud:

Thanks man! They are not as quick and easy as they seem. I was just lucky to have some free time during this week to work on them. I usually paint bits up and while they are drying I work on something else. I try to be efficient. The key is to plan so you always have something to work on.

Looking forward to seeing your Fozec!

Great work Chaka, you'll do an amazing job on Dengar.

Thanks Brian, I hope he turns out half as good as yours mate! :)

My updated Skiff Guard shelf.....
0031300x732.jpg

My human skiff guards so far. Velken Tezeri is up next....
0021200x581.jpg

I need to learn to take better pictures in lower light. Here is a shot of Pons, Trinto and Hammerhead....
0081000x501.jpg

Holy crap they are some freaky eyes on Pons!!!

I'll be starting him this week so I'm trying to put the outfit together.

Why does he wear such hard to find stuff!

Fun times!

Great job on all of your customs Chaka.

Holy crap they are some freaky eyes on Pons!!!

I'll be starting him this week so I'm trying to put the outfit together.

Why does he wear such hard to find stuff!

Fun times!

Great job on all of your customs Chaka.

Cheers Jay! The cantina guys' outfits are quite a challenge. Pons isnt quiet finished yet, I still need to do his belt, waist thingy and holster. I also may add a collar to the shirt.

I just love seeing all your guys together! It's like - that's the movie!

Is that Tomy Lando helmet a bit undersize or is it just the lighting (shadow looks like it might be the culprit)?

I did a quickie re-do on the Hasbro helmet by slicing it down the middle, removing a chunk and re-gluing it. Sort of worked out... I could never find another Tomy Lando helmet (well for less than big $$$)

I'll be putting up my wip fozec mid week.

Thanks man. The tomy helmet is a tad small, but the lighting is the main culprit I believe in that pic.

Looking forward to Fozec! :yess:

Okay, on to my next project...Ree-Yees. I did him about a year or so ago and kinda "half-assed it" to get him finished. I have been wanting to go back and redo him properly, here we go. I had already repainted the head a couple of weeks ago, so now its on to the outfit.

Barryo pointed me in the direction of the coat he used for his Ree-Yees, its perfect. I removed the collar and added my own...
009600x338.jpg

I then took the part of the original collar I removed and attached it over the sleeve. I had bought two of these coats, so I used the collar from the second coat on the other sleeve....
010600x338.jpg

I then mixed brown paint with a slight bit of red and went to work. I also used quite a bit of water to keep the jacket from getting stiff.....

011700x511.jpg

gonna let it sit and dry and then paint the other side......

that is fanchuffingtastic chris............gonna look awesome my friend......:lecture

Thanks Barry! :)

Here is where I am at on Ree-Yees. I am still deciding on how tall I want the boots to be. I also need to add the belt and the knee pad things. I started filling in the neck area, but havent started sculpting or adding details.

DSC050111100x1024.jpg

Lots to do still, but wanted to share a work in progress shot.

digging those boots man.............looks awesome.

Thanks Barry, that took a bit of time. Dragon boots painted grey. I then cut up a t-shirt to make the coverings.

I also think I am going to put a coat of gloss on the jacket to make it shiny like it appeared in the film.

Thanks guys! Cheers!! :)

I put a coat of gloss on the jacket to give it that "leathery look". I did the belt, but may tweak it. Im still deciding on what to use for the knee pads. I also need to finish up the neck and paint it.

DSC050131100x1043.jpg

DSC05014831x1100.jpg

DSC05015834x1100.jpg

Awesome. His body proportions look right too. All of your boots look so spot-on.

That head/hands is great but sculpting a neck I'm not sure I could handle.

:waveGreat job mate!

Thanks mate, just wish I had a kick-ass dio to place him in. My Ree-Yees may need a vay-kay in the UK. :)

:hi5: Mate that a cracking figure

Cheers dude, much appreciated. I cant wait to finish him.

Awesome. His body proportions look right too. All of your boots look so spot-on.

That head/hands is great but sculpting a neck I'm not sure I could handle.

Thanks! He always seemed to me to have longer than usual arms and broad shoulders.

The boots took longer than the rest of the custom combined. I still need to finish the tops and add the knee pads.

Doing the neck shouldnt be too hard. Its not like there is any one specific detail or anything you need to get exactly right. Which is good because I cant sculpt for s***! I can freelance a bit. :D

Some work done on Ree-Yees. I worked on the neck, almost finished with it. I added a different belt buckle and did the knee guards.

0121100x914.jpg

014749x900.jpg

013700x566.jpg

Back