Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap Had no idea. I just bondo'ed the whole back of the magnet to a junk Dragon head and redid all the striping on the helmet... when I could have just got the head from Duane... :mad:

But how a 1/6 Nien became my new fave, I have no idea, but he's just awesome and fun. Thanks for your pics and get going on a weebly.com website! I would love to have the Chaka catalog easily accessible.

Anyway, back to Jabba's Palace.....

Yeah, I did what you did with my Ten Nunb. Since he has no headgear, I just built the back of the head and neck out of sculpy. Once Duane offered up his version, thats when I did Nein.

I am working on doing a weebly website like Boba Mike did. I have been pretty busy with other crap and havent had a chance to work on it. I will soon.

I too am back to Tatooine. Lots of Cantina guys and Jabba's guys to work on. :)

Im back at Jabba's palace. :)

I got the muscle body I ordered from TA today. I started working on the shirtless human Skiff guard from Skiff #2.

First step was to dremmel the head down so the Tomy helmet I modded would fit.

Next up was the armor. Its Hasbro Lando skiff guard armor. I took the dremmel to it to make it smoother and smaller.

DSC04949600x324.jpg

After I took that picture, I made the chest armor much smaller as seen in my reference pics.

I am waiting for some paint to dry, so here are a couple shots of where I am on him..
DSC04953800x734.jpg

DSC04954800x618.jpg

I need to sculpt the visor on the front of the helmet next...

Ah, unidentified shirtless human guard...I think this guy needs a name...I christen thee CHAKAZ MONZ!!!

Is the chest plate sculpey? good luck with the helm!

Cheers Feroze. :) The chestplate is the Hasbro Lando skiff guard. I just took the dremmel to it and made it smaller. I also made the surface smoother.

I just popped in ROTJ on Blu-ray to get some still shots of this guy. I never did realize that he wore a brownish tan mask over his face. Its fun to watch the Jabba scenes and look at all the background guys, so many cool thugs. :)

Im trying to get a shot of the visor on the helmet, it looks identical to the one on Fozec.

DSC04956841x900.jpg

DSC04957814x900.jpg

DSC04955900x864.jpg

looks good chris..........but from what i see in the background it looks as if you have plenty to keep you busy for a week or two...........:wink1:

looks good chris..........but from what i see in the background it looks as if you have plenty to keep you busy for a week or two...........:wink1:

Thanks Barry, and yes I hae quite a bit to work on in the coming months. :)

This is looking really cool! Fozec's doppleganger. Try to figure out the shot continuity with this guy in the ROTJ skiff battle! :slap

I'm probably only a week or so away from posting my WIP Fozec. What I love about Jabba's goons is that there's a ton of customs you can do with little danger of Sideshow ever doing them... Fozec is still yet to see life in 3 3/4" and they've done even the blink-and-you-miss-them guys.

I had started Fozec two years ago, but when Hasbro mentioned they might do him, I waited... and waited (hoping for some better reference from their figure.) After he didn't show up at Toy Fair, I decided I'd get him done.

Thanks.
If sideshow ever did any of these guys, it would be years from now. I never really think about stuff like that when I decide to do a particular character. I do what I like.

Im looking forward to seeing your version of Fozec.

Im back at the Cantina. I got a couple new additions in the post today.

I picked up the Cantina enviroment set......

DSC049711300x634.jpg

I also picked up Figrin D'an...

DSC04967570x700.jpg

Awesome figures, they really add a lot to my customs. Now I just need to figure out how to build a couple of booths. :)

Im back at the Cantina. I got a couple new additions in the post today.

I picked up the Cantina enviroment set......

DSC049711300x634.jpg

I also picked up Figrin D'an...

DSC04967570x700.jpg

Awesome figures, they really add a lot to my customs. Now I just need to figure out how to build a couple of booths. :)

cantina stuff & figgy looks great man...........and somehow i think i know a few peeps that could hook you up with some sweet cantina booth plans......:wink1:

cantina stuff & figgy looks great man...........and somehow i think i know a few peeps that could hook you up with some sweet cantina booth plans......:wink1:

I know man, I just wish there were a few peeps that could BUILD a couple of booths for me. :)

Chakaman. You are awesome. I just scrolled through to see what you were working on and I am blown away dude! Cheers!

Hey thanks!! I really do appreciate it. Cheers mate! :)

You're gonna need a lot of cantina tables and chairs!:lol

Tell me about it. I just wish these sets werent so expensive.

0161400x607.jpg

Yeah, one of these days I'm going to get me a set and make molds of the set and then I can cast up my own table and chairs. And maybe then I will try and build a cantina.

Seeing the Dengar pics Brian and Jay were posting in their thread, I decided to pick up the same headsculpt and redo my Dengar. It arrived today...

DSC04984800x552.jpg

I also picked up the Greedo suit from TA, thats why I just put him in it. :) Its a great headsculpt. If I wasnt going to use it for Dengar, it would look good as an Imperial officer.

Thanks to Barry, I was able to track down the jacket I am going to use for Ree-Yees. With some modding and painting, I think it will look spot on.

DSC04987800x666.jpg

Cheers Brian, Jay and Barry!! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

btw chris.............you may want to turn that jacket around and have the opening at the back. all the ref pics i was using i couldnt see where there was any kind of seam or zipper/buttons in the front.

Love checking out your stuff, Chris! It's amazing to see how much your collection has grown over the years. :google

Thanks Flosi, I appreciate it. :)

btw chris.............you may want to turn that jacket around and have the opening at the back. all the ref pics i was using i couldnt see where there was any kind of seam or zipper/buttons in the front.

Cheers Barry. I just threw the jacket on to see what it looked like. Im gonna try to make it look like yours. Should be fun.

I did some more on the "Unidentified Human Skiff Guard" today.

I cut up the helmet visor to make it more accurate. I still may tweak it some more.

Looking at the blu-ray Sarlaac scene, I did the lower legs/boots as best I could tell from the frame by frame shots.

0251042x1100.jpg

0301100x1048.jpg

029975x1100.jpg

Last edited:
Back