Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you asked.....my display room...

DSC046731400x701.jpg

:D

I'm moving in.:wave

Jeez, I have my Walrusman and Nien Nunb underway... only another 50-60 figs to go!

Thanks Duane! :)

I am waiting on some bits to finish up a few skiff guards/cantina guys so I thought I would try and finish up Admiral Ackbar. Needless to say I was having a heck of a time finishing the back and lower portion of the tunic. Ackbar has given me more problems than any custom outfit I have tried.

So I popped the head off and thought I might go this route with the Calamari heads/hands. I quickly threw this together to see what it would look like potentially.

002337x700.jpg

I may see where this goes, he will look cool with Ten and Nein Numb. :)

Thanks Duane! :)

I am waiting on some bits to finish up a few skiff guards/cantina guys so I thought I would try and finish up Admiral Ackbar. Needless to say I was having a heck of a time finishing the back and lower portion of the tunic. Ackbar has given me more problems than any custom outfit I have tried.

So I popped the head off and thought I might go this route with the Calamari heads/hands. I quickly threw this together to see what it would look like potentially.

002337x700.jpg

I may see where this goes, he will look cool with Ten and Nein Numb. :)

I'm just starting the same fig - and yours is already better! He's going next to my Nien. I was going to Mon Cal officer, but the pilot looks cooler.

I'm just starting the same fig - and yours is already better! He's going next to my Nien. I was going to Mon Cal officer, but the pilot looks cooler.

I would love to see some pics of yours. I threw this together in like ten minutes. Nothing is finished, Im just trying to see if it is worth doing. I must say I like it. He would look good next to my other pilots.

Feroze......:yess:

I'm closer to doing Nien, and had already taken pics - sorry, hope it's okay temporarily posting here (I can delete once you respond.)

I haven't seen a closer angle of yours, but is your Nien short? Mine is full 12" height, but I'm thinking of shortening him by 1/4 - 1/2" so he looks in better proportion. The Dragon legs are pretty long. The new Hasbro 3 3/4" looks like he should be maybe 10" tall in 1/6 - he's really tiny for some reason.

IMG_6475-1.jpg

IMG_6480-1.jpg

Not done with this guy yet (painting neck and helmet, doing correct gaiters etc.) but wanted to figure out this height thing before proceeding.

I'm closer to doing Nien, and had already taken pics - sorry, hope it's okay temporarily posting here (I can delete once you respond.)

I haven't seen a closer angle of yours, but is your Nien short? Mine is full 12" height, but I'm thinking of shortening him by 1/4 - 1/2" so he looks in better proportion. The Dragon legs are pretty long. The new Hasbro 3 3/4" looks like he should be maybe 10" tall in 1/6 - he's really tiny for some reason.

Not done with this guy yet (painting neck and helmet, doing correct gaiters etc.) but wanted to figure out this height thing before proceeding.

No need to delete the pics, thats what this place is for. :)

He looks great so far. Mine is short. I always thought Nein Nunb was normal size, had no idea how small he was until I started working on him. I will take some comparison pictures when I get home this afternoon.

:mad:!!!!:mad:!!!!:mad:!!!! make me envy

I LOVE your display :clap:clap Chakaman.:hi5:

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. :)

No need to delete the pics, thats what this place is for. :)

He looks great so far. Mine is short. I always thought Nein Nunb was normal size, had no idea how small he was until I started working on him. I will take some comparison pictures when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. :)

Pics would be great, I've already started hacking at my Nien's legs. He was just too lanky.

It's sort of a bummer he is supposed to be short, I scaled up the head a bit thinking he needed to be 12".

Here are a few shots of my Nein Numb....

closeup of head......
Chaka5152.jpg

Next to Sideshow Obi-Wan Kenobi.....
Chaka418.jpg

couple more...

Chaka419.jpg

Chaka417.jpg

I may do some more mods to the neck and gaithers when I get a chance. Overall I am happy with him. I think his height is about right. Im not too worried about it being exact.

That Nien head repaint rocks. I love the slight color you added around the eyes. Brings it to life. I'm not quite a good enough painter to attempt anything like what you did but I might try a little wash. The fridge magnet head paint is too clean.

Thanks for the pics. Mine is now around the same height as yours and looks WAY better. This custom cost pretty much nothing (almost all parts bin) and yet I love it. Funny that.

The new $75 GG bust head doesn't look as good as this fridge magnet! Sort of mouth breather Nien Numb.

I'm right now trying to figure out to turn the Greedo fridge magnet (from same set as Nien) into Doda from Jab's palace. It has the same shrunken/distorted head proportions as Doda.

That Nien head repaint rocks. I love the slight color you added around the eyes. Brings it to life. I'm not quite a good enough painter to attempt anything like what you did but I might try a little wash. The fridge magnet head paint is too clean.

Thanks for the pics. Mine is now around the same height as yours and looks WAY better. This custom cost pretty much nothing (almost all parts bin) and yet I love it. Funny that.

The new $75 GG bust head doesn't look as good as this fridge magnet! Sort of mouth breather Nien Numb.

I'm right now trying to figure out to turn the Greedo fridge magnet (from same set as Nien) into Doda from Jab's palace. It has the same shrunken/distorted head proportions as Doda.

Thanks! You should try a slight wash around the eyes, I think you will be suprised how easy it is. If you screw it up, its an easy fix.

My Nein is actually a headsculpt I got from Duane. He took the magnet (or a cast of the magnet) and re-sculpted the back of the head and neck I believe. He "finished it" as you would say. Its awesome.

I did see that GG Nein Numb bust, it looks awful. It makes you wonder sometimes doesnt it?

Awesomesque Chaka, seeing your nien made me me numb:slap.

You sir are a Donkey, hasnt your "date" arrived yet? :D

Thanks! You should try a slight wash around the eyes, I think you will be suprised how easy it is. If you screw it up, its an easy fix.

My Nein is actually a headsculpt I got from Duane. He took the magnet (or a cast of the magnet) and re-sculpted the back of the head and neck I believe. He "finished it" as you would say. Its awesome.

I did see that GG Nein Numb bust, it looks awful. It makes you wonder sometimes doesnt it?

:slap Had no idea. I just bondo'ed the whole back of the magnet to a junk Dragon head and redid all the striping on the helmet... when I could have just got the head from Duane... :mad:

But how a 1/6 Nien became my new fave, I have no idea, but he's just awesome and fun. Thanks for your pics and get going on a weebly.com website! I would love to have the Chaka catalog easily accessible.

Anyway, back to Jabba's Palace.....

Back