Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an extra Kaiyodo kit I used for my vader. I like the Kaiyodo mask looks lot better the the ss stock helmet and mask. I might swap him over to the hot toys extra body I have so I can use those boots. good luck with your ESB vader

Thanks. I should have the Kaiyodo kit today. :)

Updated pic. I still need to add black to a few areas...

20170112_055806.jpg

Chakaman, looking great. Did you paint the whole facemask (both facets of cheeks and sides of mouth) gunmetal, rather than that black/gunmetal alternated pattern?

Chakaman, looking great. Did you paint the whole facemask (both facets of cheeks and sides of mouth) gunmetal, rather than that black/gunmetal alternated pattern?

Thanks. I did the black/gunmetal pattern. It's just kind of difficult to tell from pics, lots of light.

This pic shows the paintwork a bit better...

20170112_171415.jpg

Just noticed I need to lower the dome a bit.

I did some touch ups to my Sullustian pilot. I threw the sculpt on one of my X-Wing pilots just to see what it would look like. I need to find a red or a white jumpsuit.

20170118_192908.jpg

The head sculpt and paint apps are excellent and for the jumpsuit and if you got a spare put it in a container with two cups of water and half cup bleach and let it soak for 24 hrs and it will turn white. If it still has an orange tinge to it just soak in a new batch of water/bleach.

Ron

That looks great! I am also floored by the Death Star playset that you made for your son. What a lucky kid! The old Kenner Death Star playset was one of my favorite environments when I was young and I can only imagine the stories that will played out in your son's Death Star! Now the Millennium Falcon I got my son for x-mas seems a little inadequate... Good thing he hasn't seen your work!

The head sculpt and paint apps are excellent and for the jumpsuit and if you got a spare put it in a container with two cups of water and half cup bleach and let it soak for 24 hrs and it will turn white. If it still has an orange tinge to it just soak in a new batch of water/bleach.

Ron

Thanks for info mate. I actually found another proto-Fett suit I am going to use for this guy.

I will keep your recipe for future reference. :)

That looks great! I am also floored by the Death Star playset that you made for your son. What a lucky kid! The old Kenner Death Star playset was one of my favorite environments when I was young and I can only imagine the stories that will played out in your son's Death Star! Now the Millennium Falcon I got my son for x-mas seems a little inadequate... Good thing he hasn't seen your work!

Haha! Thanks. I don't know what I am going to do next year for Christmas. It's going to be hard to top this.

Funny you mention the old Kenner playset. It was pretty much the inspiration for this. It was also a favorite of mine as a kid. The gun pictured is actually from my childhood DS playset that we repainted. It makes it even more special to me.

20161221_201659.jpg

I had a few of these Luke Hoth sculpts lying around. I was curious to see what it would look like with the Hot Toys Bespin outfit.

Someone did this a while back, I can't remember who it was. My initial thought was that it looked really good. Seeing one firsthand, it does.

I might be in the minority, but I think I prefer this over the Hot Toys sculpt.

20170120_153249.jpg

Yeah, I did that combo a while back and I definitely liked it more than the HT combo - I have him on display in "walking into Bespin" mode and then the HT BD sculpt for the battling/duel mode.

Now that my displays are coming together under bright light (major IKEA action...) I do notice the subtle discrepancy in the skintone between this SSC Luke head and the "normal" 1/6 skintone seen on HT and DID-type figs, but it's really not a huge deal at all, certainly not as noticeable as the Han Hoth was.

Back