Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wuher is looking good. I am also worried about painting a normal looking human when I finally work on mine. I have a chubby body for him already but I can't work on my projects. :( At least I can check out the awesomeness here.

I have a plan for a pointing Wuher and a mechanoid.

Knowing you & how you work on figures, I'm sure there will a few more tweaks yet to come till you're satisfied….no doubt he'll turn out just fine.

Not sure what you've done with the lower half but I've got a production pic somewhere of a full body shot of him I'll send you. He actually wears long pants & not the Luke style boots that the lies of the hasbro figure has led us to believe.

Thanks man. I havent done anything yet. Shoot me those pics when you get a chance, Id love to see them.

Wuher is looking good. I am also worried about painting a normal looking human when I finally work on mine. I have a chubby body for him already but I can't work on my projects. :( At least I can check out the awesomeness here.

I have a plan for a pointing Wuher and a mechanoid.

Thanks Steven. Wuher looks better in person(I know everyone says that). :) I do plan to work on the hair and eyebrows a bit more, there is quite a bit of glare showing up in the pics.

Looking forward to seeing your take on him.

Great work on the mods and repaints....

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I am down to my last, extra Imperial officer outfit. I have been saving it for this guy, Tarkin. Thanks for the sculpt Scott, I hope my paintjob will do it justice. Its pretty much spot on. If you guys havent picked one up, you should. I doubt Sideshow will do a better job.

002600x568_zpsacc1df7c.jpg

003600x577_zps04352be7.jpg

004458x600_zps3c711d2b.jpg

006600x477_zps9b1dfdc7.jpg

wuhrer is looking awesome man............but im really excited to see that tarkin finished. great job so far chris.

Looking good. Too bad the outfit is hard to find these days.

I am down to my last, extra Imperial officer outfit. I have been saving it for this guy, Tarkin. Thanks for the sculpt Scott, I hope my paintjob will do it justice. Its pretty much spot on. If you guys havent picked one up, you should. I doubt Sideshow will do a better job.

002600x568_zpsacc1df7c.jpg

003600x577_zps04352be7.jpg

004458x600_zps3c711d2b.jpg

006600x477_zps9b1dfdc7.jpg

I know, I wish Sideshow would release another officer. It would make finding parts for bashes easier.

I got a set of headgear for my Death Squad Commander. I put them in place and did a quick paintjob. Now that they are set, I am going to go in and clean up the paintwork.

033600x450_zpsb142f9d2.jpg

Thanks Duane! :)

Thanks Tyler. :)

I put my Death Squad Commander in a new outfit. I ruined the other one, but never upgraded.....

005600x483_zps86a4499e.jpg

I also started working on some boots/sandals for Lando. This pair is just the prototype. I am making the pieces, lots of trial and error. After I get the pieces cut right, I will use that pattern and go back and cut pieces that fit better for the 2nd pair. Here is where I am at so far. Loads to do still. Oh, I am using Sideshow Luke farmboy pants for this custom..

006549x600_zps6eb2b1ef.jpg

007400x300_zps81c48fe0.jpg

You're going that extra mile with the boots/sandals aren't you? Mine were almost done before I discovered they're weren't actually boots, so I compromised. Lookin good so far! What's your plan for a finish on the armor?

You're going that extra mile with the boots/sandals aren't you? Mine were almost done before I discovered they're weren't actually boots, so I compromised. Lookin good so far! What's your plan for a finish on the armor?

Yeah, I am. They are eventually going to look like sandals. I am just trying to get a basic pattern down around the boot so I can make new leather bits for sandals. I have found some really good reference pictures of the Lando costume. They will be handy. It really is a complex outfit.

As far as the armor goes, Im not quite sure. I will probably just drybrush some different colors on it to make it dirty. Any ideas you have would be appreciated. :)

Yeah, I am. They are eventually going to look like sandals. I am just trying to get a basic pattern down around the boot so I can make new leather bits for sandals. I have found some really good reference pictures of the Lando costume. They will be handy. It really is a complex outfit.

As far as the armor goes, Im not quite sure. I will probably just drybrush some different colors on it to make it dirty. Any ideas you have would be appreciated. :)

I have some good pics too and you can clearly see some blue/green oxidation, petina whatever you wanna call it. This got me looking closer and I decided that I was going to make it look similar to Jabba's gargoyles. I started with a bronze/copper base, then several washes of burnt umber, then a few blue/green washes. I posted a pic in my thread. I'm not sure what the armor was made of (or supposed to look like it was made of) but I think it came out pretty good. From far away it looks kind of grey/silver just like in the film although its definitely not silver. Its all a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense.

This is the looking to buy officer uniform thread right? In all seriousness thow u can all blame chack there is not reasonably prices ones left one the market!

Back