Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the looking to buy officer uniform thread right? In all seriousness thow u can all blame chack there is not reasonably prices ones left one the market!

Nah, dont blame me. :)

When I was picking these up 3-4 years ago, there were plenty available. Ill bet Sideshow releases some more officers in the future.

I have some good pics too and you can clearly see some blue/green oxidation, petina whatever you wanna call it. This got me looking closer and I decided that I was going to make it look similar to Jabba's gargoyles. I started with a bronze/copper base, then several washes of burnt umber, then a few blue/green washes. I posted a pic in my thread. I'm not sure what the armor was made of (or supposed to look like it was made of) but I think it came out pretty good. From far away it looks kind of grey/silver just like in the film although its definitely not silver. Its all a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense.

Im sure I will do quite a few coats/washes with different colors to get the desired look. Thanks for the info.

I've bought a lot of them up in the last two or three months. :D

Yeah. A mix of Sideshow and Hasbro outfits really work well I think. I got my Death Squad Commander finished. As mentioned in another thread, some of the Hasbro outfits go well with Sideshow ones. Here are both my Death Star Troopers using both Hasbro and Sideshow stuff....

008643x700_zps41a6b7c3.jpg

Love both color variations. They look awesome dude. Great sculpts for them.

Yeah. A mix of Sideshow and Hasbro outfits really work well I think. I got my Death Squad Commander finished. As mentioned in another thread, some of the Hasbro outfits go well with Sideshow ones. Here are both my Death Star Troopers using both Hasbro and Sideshow stuff....

008643x700_zps41a6b7c3.jpg

Good stuff as usual Chris. The Hasbro suit does look good, that light gray shows off any faults in the suit so it's hard to do well.

Thanks guys. :)

I did some work on Wuher today. Painted the tunic, swapped the pants out and gave him a new belt. He is coming along. I need to add some width to the midsection and do some sculpting on the neck. Once I am through with that I will do some more paintwork on the head sculpt. He is coming along though...

003668x700_zps0f560823.jpg

Thanks Nate.

I really want to get some of my cantina guys finished up here in the coming months. I got Trinto Duaba, Nabrun Leids, Myo and Bom Vimdin all in the works. I had them all complete at one time, but wasnt totally happy with them. I have all the sculpts painted, just need to sort out a few things with the outfits.

Here are some of the heads I have painted up, but waiting to finish.

Mosep, Myo, Nysad, Duros #2, Bom Vimdin and Trinto Duaba...

025600x536_zps860ed71d.jpg

Nice work as always Chris. I like the added hair on Mosep and Myo. That's something I haven't attempted yet but I'm planning to make a Ponda Baba. You've done him already right?

Nice work as always Chris. I like the added hair on Mosep and Myo. That's something I haven't attempted yet but I'm planning to make a Ponda Baba. You've done him already right?

Thanks Nate.

Yes, I did do a Ponda Baba a few years ago. He was actually the first custom I did using real hair or craft fur. I probably need to go back and rework him, but here are some pics of him if you are interested. The sculpt is pretty good for Hasbro. You just need to repaint it obviously.

026648x700_zps8ca2b054.jpg

030700x539_zps64ea4600.jpg

I repainted the helmet. I lightened it up and added some silver to the visor and back portion. I really like the looks of this guy with him holding the helmet....

025700x574_zpse5a30e8b.jpg

Next up is the belt and holster. Once I get all the outfit assembled how I want, I will go back and drybrush some lighter browns on to it. I will also weather up the armor.

The hard part will be the sandals he is wearing. Probably going to have to make those from scratch.

Back