cement diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optical20

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wanted to do a diorama for my avengers figures, I have no idea what kind of paint or materials to use to I figured I'll ask here.

I wanted to create the cene n avengers where the ground has holes, rocks everywhere kind of look.
will a plywood a good base to start of to do a damaged pavement diorama?

you could also make a couple of mm of plaster then smash it in places with a small hammer - it would produce a nice concrete look!

nothing is hard when you getting started on it.....my suggestion, dont direct glue or paint the diorama...feel the color and paint it super smooth to give you epic effect instead of just another painting effect. I did not too natural color at my first war diorama because I am not trying to "feel" the color which I wanted....good luck!

I use polystyrene sheets and blocks. Cut to shape and size. Then coat will wall filler (polyfiller) or plaster. Add PVA for added strength of required. Then paint up with artist acrylics in washes.

I use polystyrene sheets and blocks. Cut to shape and size. Then coat will wall filler (polyfiller) or plaster. Add PVA for added strength of required. Then paint up with artist acrylics in washes.

I have also used polysterene offcuts and packaging and spray paint direct onto it.
Depends what shapes and textures you want but fillers and modelling paste are also cheap and effective.
Polystyrene is also cheap or free if you keep an eye out for it, light and easy to work with but messy cleaning up all the bits.

Back