Celtic Predator Life Size Mask!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for giving the feedback to Sideshow, Dan! I really...REALLY want them to do well with their products. But some things are inexcusable and really make you scratch your head.

Did you happen to actually ask Sideshow WHY they used paper on the Scar helmet? Why was that call made?

Thanks sir :)

Sideshow was given the master exactly that way by ADI with that type of lens material used... that's why I basically said to Sideshow they should have told ADI that collectors would think it was a less than favorable way to go.

Thanks to your reviews Faken, I'm thinking of going back and buying Predator stuff again. These bios are more affordable than the CM Endo and Endo-arm i've been trying to get.

does anyone have any reference pics of the scratches on the Celtic Bio? Movie would be good but ADI book or behind the scenes props would be better

does anyone have any reference pics of the scratches on the Celtic Bio? Movie would be good but ADI book or behind the scenes props would be better

Unfortunately there aren't many images of the celtic bio other than screen caps. Also i find it funny that SS are trying to shift the blame onto ADI, ADI provided a prop, It was Sideshows job to see that the quality was up to the standard that us collectors deserve for the price. They could have made changes im sure, and if not they shouldn't have even botherd releasing them!

celtic2.jpg

Unfortunately there aren't many images of the celtic bio other than screen caps. Also i find it funny that SS are trying to shift the blame onto ADI, ADI provided a prop, It was Sideshows job to see that the quality was up to the standard that us collectors deserve for the price. They could have made changes im sure, and if not they shouldn't have even botherd releasing them!

celtic2.jpg

how hard would it be to get those scratches on there and what would be the best way?

I used a piece of clamshell packaging I had laying around :lol

By the way guys, I just had a nice conference call with Sideshow and we discussed a number of topics, including my reviews of the Scar and Celtic helmets and I am going to put together a post and video about it. But for now, I would like to tell everyone that apparently along with the copper accents on the Celtic that were dictated by ADI, so were the lenses. So in other words, the decision to make the lenses like this was not Sideshow's, it was ADI who gave them the master with lenses like that and Sideshow had no choice but to adhere to it. Of course why ADI did it that way is another story, but apparently as far as the helmets go, there was little, if nothing, Sideshow could do about the end result as it was dictated completely by ADI.

I will go more in to this and some other stuff on the site next week... man so much happening at once, ARGGGG!!!

Dan

Any updates on this chap? i know your busy and all but im looking forward to a little inside info. AVP elder done properly would be a good announcement ;)

Although I originaly had this piece on pre-order then canceled it
due to lack of lenses's and sub-par paint job. Turns out that
a few of my good mates pitched in and got me one for my 30th b'day.
All I can say is PRIMO!!!! Anything free is good and also shows the
thoughtfulness of my mates to buy me a sideshow piece.
Anyway here's some pic's.
P1010093.jpg

Side by side the Wolf bio looks so much better in so many ways
and imo displaying the Celtic next to the Wolf kinda cheapens it.
P1010092.jpg

And last but not least the modified lenses thanks to Dan's (Faken) tutorial.
Anyone who has this bio watch Faken's 2 part vid and do the same.
It takes this bio to a whole new level.
The only thing I didn't do was the black shadowing around the edges of
the lenses as I thought it looked quite good without it.
P1010097.jpg

P1010096.jpg

I've Had a flat out weekend...:D

Nice one Nacho, if only we all had friends like your's ;) You are right, putting this and the scar next too the wolf shows just how bad they are but the celtic looks ten times better with the moddified lenses, Good job on that. Mine should finally be here this week.... unfortunately i had to pay :sick haha.

Nice one Nacho, if only we all had friends like your's ;) You are right, putting this and the scar next too the wolf shows just how bad they are but the celtic looks ten times better with the moddified lenses, Good job on that. Mine should finally be here this week.... unfortunately i had to pay :sick haha.

Thanks Python.
Yeh... I've got top mates:rock:rock:rock
Lense mod is well worth it, beats the f@$# out of me
why sideshow didn't do this in the first place..:confused:

Awesome score, your friends rock lol! And nice to see some folks putting the tutorial to good use :) Did you use the template from the site as well? Curious to see if ppl have trouble printing them to match the right size.

Awesome score, your friends rock lol! And nice to see some folks putting the tutorial to good use :) Did you use the template from the site as well? Curious to see if ppl have trouble printing them to match the right size.

Hey Dan
Yeh I used the template and may I say they were spot on.
Top work mate. Made performing this mod that extra bit easier
and a hell of a lot quicker.

Hey Dan
Yeh I used the template and may I say they were spot on.
Top work mate. Made performing this mod that extra bit easier
and a hell of a lot quicker.

Awesome, glad to hear it :) The mod is a definite improvement! Get ready to do it on the Chopper too :lol

Haha...Nah I'm giving the chopper a miss

As am i, Il buy the celtic and fix it up only as its such a good design, the chopper isn't impressive enough to spend $400+ on if it's unfinished and we don't want sideshow getting into the habbit of thinking we are happy to fix up these high end pieces ;) oh and im only re-buying the scar as iv got it for almost half retail price meaning i can spend the savings getting it painted up properly and trying to sort out a lens fix......

Great and simple fix! Thanks Dan! I still think Sideshow should've done this in the first place.

We'll see how it goes for the Chopper and whether they listen or not.

Great and simple fix! Thanks Dan! I still think Sideshow should've done this in the first place.

We'll see how it goes for the Chopper and whether they listen or not.

Im affraid we already know the answer to that one, it has exactly the same lens style as the sideshow celtic. Looks fine in the proto pics but imagine how the production pieces will look bearing in mind how large the choppers visor is....:(

Here are some pics of my lens mod. I went with a less movie accurate look by including a mesh over the reflective lens.

Thanks to Faken for the template!

Back