Celtic Predator Life Size Mask!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take note sideshow, iv stuck some rushed, practice job lenses in my celtic and it looks a hundred times better than the mask i recieved already. Other than the lenses and the poor paint job, i actually really like this one. Looks great wall mounted. Il fix it up properly once iv finished my scar bio :) sideshow, please put more effort into these in future.... your almost there!!

DSCF8613.jpg

DSCF8582.jpg

DSCF8630.jpg

DSCF8578.jpg

DSCF8576.jpg

DSCF8632.jpg

Thanks guy's, il post pics of the scar once it's finished, if it turns out well, this guy is next for a re-paint. This celtic has grown on me immensly as i had very low expectations, it's quite an imposing design when you have it in hand, even more so than it looks on screen, makes the lens issue all the more annoying, sort it out sideshow!!!

Thanks guy's, il post pics of the scar once it's finished, if it turns out well, this guy is next for a re-paint. This celtic has grown on me immensly as i had very low expectations, it's quite an imposing design when you have it in hand, even more so than it looks on screen, makes the lens issue all the more annoying, sort it out sideshow!!!

Great set up bro!! I have the same P1 poster on my wall too! :lol I want to wall mount my Celtic bio, but i think it may be too heavy for my sheet rock walls. :eek: I would hate for it to fall! :horror I love that bio!! For $300.00 I'd rather be safe than sorry! :D

Great set up bro!! I have the same P1 poster on my wall too! :lol I want to wall mount my Celtic bio, but i think it may be too heavy for my sheet rock walls. :eek: I would hate for it to fall! :horror I love that bio!! For $300.00 I'd rather be safe than sorry! :D

Before I re-did my wall that I have all my masks and other props on, I had my wolf mask up with one screw in a stud and the other with a anchor and it was fine. Now my wall has 3/4" plywood screwed on it and when the Chopper Mask and the Spear comes (hopefully this month) I will paint it real nice. I was thinking about cutting into the plywood some symbols of the predator language and have some red leds behind it so it would look like wolf's weapon wall in avp-r but I'm not that talented so I didn't try.

Thanks chap, and yeah, as you know, these things are seriously heavy!! I have solid walls and i still have worries... i worry that since these are held up only by two regular screws (due to the tiny holes on the stand not accomodating larger/reinforced screws), the screw heads may sheer off under the weight? i suppose time will tell. For now though, they look awsome mounted on the wall, the celtic looks especially good due to it's large size.

Nice job! Love the P2 poster.

Thanks, i like that one too, nice design isn't it.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=7415...e=newsletter-pers-090309news&utm_medium=email

Sideshows way of saying we told you so ;) All well and good showing the prototype next to the original, id love to see a random production piece compared to it, somehow i doubt it would be quite as hard to tell the difference haha. Good job creating this in fairness to sideshow though, it's just a shame the original supplied is rubbish!!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=7415...e=newsletter-pers-090309news&utm_medium=email

Sideshows way of saying we told you so ;) All well and good showing the prototype next to the original, id love to see a random production piece compared to it, somehow i doubt it would be quite as hard to tell the difference haha. Good job creating this in fairness to sideshow though, it's just a shame the original supplied is rubbish!!

Anyone else find it curious that both masks have the copper paint on the detail areas yet the one we see in the movie and in the ADI book for the making of AVP clearly has NO copper paint anywhere? I'm calling BS....

Anyone else find it curious that both masks have the copper paint on the detail areas yet the one we see in the movie and in the ADI book for the making of AVP clearly has NO copper paint anywhere? I'm calling BS....

It is how ADI wanted the mask but im not sure why it didn't appear like that on screen. I think one thing is certain, the copper accents combined with the solid lenses would indicate that this prop isn't based on a screen used bio at all!!!! I think it would be hard for the actors in question to see much through solid fibre glass or paper for that matter ;) I believe this is a cheap knock off mask that ADI had lying around and sideshow copied it exactly of course :dunno As was the scar and assumably the chopper which looks incrdibly warped and will most probably come with a huge painted lens.

Sideshow royally screwed this line up after a superb start in the form of the wolf.

It is how ADI wanted the mask but im not sure why it didn't appear like that on screen. I think one thing is certain, the copper accents combined with the solid lenses would indicate that this prop isn't based on a screen used bio at all!!!! I think it would be hard for the actors in question to see much through solid fibre glass or paper for that matter ;) I believe this is a cheap knock off mask that ADI had lying around and sideshow copied it exactly of course :dunno As was the scar and assumably the chopper which looks incrdibly warped and will most probably come with a huge painted lens.

Sideshow royally screwed this line up after a superb start in the form of the wolf.

Personally I think what they are using for comparison is the master ADI sent to Sideshow.

Back