Celtic Predator Life Size Mask!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome Post, and dead-on! :rock

Whats always bothered me is how CHEAP of a design issue this is. The bio is already a single piece casting (cheap to do) and the lenses would have been really cheap as well to do. Yet there is a $300 price tag.

If HCG (I know you and them dont get a long, but hear me out ;) ), said their P2 disc wasnt going to have lights, I would have been like "I totally understand". That involves electronics, pulsing light patterns, spinning gears. Its complicated. But they DID do it. For SS to say we cant put 2 pieces of clear curved plastic on the Bio is like... wtf!? :duh :mad:

Awesome Post, and dead-on! :rock

Whats always bothered me is how CHEAP of a design issue this is. The bio is already a single piece casting (cheap to do) and the lenses would have been really cheap as well to do. Yet there is a $300 price tag.

If HCG (I know you and them dont get a long, but hear me out ;) ), said their P2 disc wasnt going to have lights, I would have been like "I totally understand". That involves electronics, pulsing light patterns, spinning gears. Its complicated. But they DID do it. For SS to say we cant put 2 pieces of clear curved plastic on the Bio is like... wtf!? :duh :mad:

Thank you, and I agree, the light system on the P2 disc is amazing... my issue with that piece is that the arm should have had some gauntlet on it instead of being bare and it would have been perfect.

And yeah, the plastic lenses would have cost pennies each.

Thank you, and I agree, the light system on the P2 disc is amazing... my issue with that piece is that the arm should have had some gauntlet on it instead of being bare and it would have been perfect.

And yeah, the plastic lenses would have cost pennies each.

It's the installation of the lenses that would have cost them more money, wouldn't it?

Why all the captions of the mask with the claw marks? Thats a different prop, isn't it? In that first pic with the reflections though it does look like a speckled finish to me. The reflection has to be CGI or we would be seeing the cameras,lights etc. They probably had a bunch of different versions of this mask. I would guess even one with see through eyes. Not sure how anyone would act without being able to see where they were going. I'm happy with mine. If only my nephew didn't drop my Scar mask and crack the top :banghead #75 :sick

It's the installation of the lenses that would have cost them more money, wouldn't it?

Takes seconds to install it, not exactly a deal breaker. Thing is, this is how the master was given to Sideshow, so I guess the real question is why did ADI give them a master with solid resin eye holes when their very own book says this is not how they were made.

Why all the captions of the mask with the claw marks? Thats a different prop, isn't it? In that first pic with the reflections though it does look like a speckled finish to me. The reflection has to be CGI or we would be seeing the cameras,lights etc. They probably had a bunch of different versions of this mask. I would guess even one with see through eyes. Not sure how anyone would act without being able to see where they were going. I'm happy with mine. If only my nephew didn't drop my Scar mask and crack the top :banghead #75 :sick

The last photo from the ADI book is clearly not the prop with the claw marks... and yes, several would be made of each in case one is damaged during film production, but they are essentially made the same way.

As you said, the lenses do have a speckled finish, but they are also reflective plastic lexan meshes with a spray finish underneath. Unfortunately instead of doing it that way, the master provided to sideshow from ADI simply had black splatter over the solid resin eye holes.

the plain and simple fact is that sideshow has been on a cost-cutting measure almost across the board (same goes with PFs, etc).

and when their loyal customers start exposing their issues, they conveniently pass the buck to other parties like ADI.

this is just irresponsible business practice. and if they continue to do things like this they will inevitably find themselves losing out and being left behind in the long run.

are u listening, sideshow? this is not a knee-jerk fanboy rant. i do not own the celtic bio. but i have examined it in person and it was indeed as heartbreaking as faken makes it out to be. it could have been a stunning work of art. but due to just a few easily preventable slip-ups, the whole impression is ruined.

c'mon sideshow, we all know you're capable of true greatness as many of your pieces have demonstrated. and if u make them well, we will all be more than happy to continue supporting your output. and that's a win-win situation.

isn't that better business sense?

Totally agree with that Faken..
What I dont get is, if one of those bio's in the comparison pic
is a off the shop floor job then why the F@#$ doesn't mine look like that?????
If that's what SS are advertising then that's what they should be selling.
SS shouldnt have any problem then replacing mine for what they show
on their site, right???

You know, I remember starting a "This is stupid" thread a couple of weeks ago with the comparison link to SS's site, seeing if people would figure it out back when Sideshow first put the article up. And Everyone that posted in that thread acted like they didn't know what the hell I was talking about? They sat there and just made fun of the thread and the thread eventually got shut down???

Here's the link.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63056

When I first ordered mine I ordered 2 thinking I could resell the second one to somebody that really wants it. Well, I'm glad I changed my order just to 1.

I've always wanted to "hack" one of these by putting in some real lenses. Not some overlays either, I'm talking about cutting out the current resin eyes entirely, and replacing them. :D

Somebody want to commission me? :naughty

Should I pick one of these up ? They're selling for $239 at SS. I would only pay $180 for it after adding my reward points.

Depends how big of a fan you are? a huge pred fan will want one and mod the lenses etc, maybe re-paint it but if your a casual pred fan then stay away from these as they are very poor for the high price. Excluding the wolf but they sell for about $600 these days....

How long does it usually take for sideshow to process the payment! Mine is taking too long!

Back