Celebration Orlando 2017 - April 13-16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Freaks! I'm sad to say that I'm missing this Celebration.. Ugh! First one I've missed in many, many, many moons... but life just got in the way this time around. I'm personally fine but just dealing with issues. I'm having a yet another kidney stone blasted. Lost half my staff at work and my boss is on vacation. Also my mother-in-law (who lives down the street from me) is dealing with a terminal stage four brain tumor and my wife and I are taking care of her daily. Add it all together and you've got a poop sandwich. But my spirits are still high and a smile is still on my face!!

So it just wasn't in the cards this time. Please don't mistake my lack of posting as a lack of love for all of you. Just sometimes life must have its priorities.

Anyways, heavy life junk aside... I miss you all! Please drink a beer for me at the Freaks get together!!!

And if someone gets a moment... I would be humbled if you could add my Star Wars Card trader username to the list at the Topps booth so I can get access to the exclusive packs! It's HYPERDRIVEN

Thanks Freaks!!!!

Your pal,

Swabs

Gotta admit. Coverage on this is lacking and not as active as comic con.

Can't speak for others but so far, with the crowds and the overall mishandling of things by ReedPop, it has been extremely difficult to take any decent pictures. And I'm not the type to wait in line overnight for anything, so panels are not happening for me. Those watching the livestream at home actually have a better idea of what's going on than I do.

And I personally prefer to actually enjoy the convention itself rather than have my face buried in my phone posting updates of stuff. Plenty if news sites out there. I will have a video to post after I get back or randomness from the con though.

Swabie, I got ya hook up on the topps stuff. Sent a text earlier but don't know if your # is the same as 2015

Haha all I had to do was walk up to a booth and send you a pic of a card. :lol

:lol if it is going to be anything like this last one I'm on board for sure! I had a superb time

punk, it was nice meeting you at Celebration. :rock

And that goes for everyone else too that I met. You guys rocked. Thanks for making my first Celebration a blast. :rock

Where does one go to in order to see pics of conventions?

Youtube?

These forums / threads have none.

I fell asleep last night with my laptop on my lap, and this written but not submitted... Notice the typos in my last sentence before I dozed off... :lol

Yo Freaks! I'm sad to say that I'm missing this Celebration.. Ugh! First one I've missed in many, many, many moons... but life just got in the way this time around. I'm personally fine but just dealing with issues. I'm having a yet another kidney stone blasted. Lost half my staff at work and my boss is on vacation. Also my mother-in-law (who lives down the street from me) is dealing with a terminal stage four brain tumor and my wife and I are taking care of her daily. Add it all together and you've got a poop sandwich. But my spirits are still high and a smile is still on my face!!

So it just wasn't in the cards this time. Please don't mistake my lack of posting as a lack of love for all of you. Just sometimes life must have its priorities.

Anyways, heavy life junk aside... I miss you all! Please drink a beer for me at the Freaks get together!!!

And if someone gets a moment... I would be humbled if you could add my Star Wars Card trader username to the list at the Topps booth so I can get access to the exclusive packs! It's HYPERDRIVEN

Thanks Freaks!!!!

Your pal,

Swabs
I was wondering where you were! Sorry to hear about all the problems. I had a kidney stone in January (my first) so I can relate, but it sounds like yours was bigger since they didn't have to break mine up... Hope it passes soon, and I hope the rest of your life turns around as well.

Can't speak for others but so far, with the crowds and the overall mishandling of things by ReedPop, it has been extremely difficult to take any decent pictures. And I'm not the type to wait in line overnight for anything, so panels are not happening for me. Those watching the livestream at home actually have a better idea of what's going on than I do.
Yeah, the attendance size was too huge. Over 70,000 people this year! Thursday was a huge cluster frick! It got better after that, but not like prior Celebrations...

Oh brother...

And that goes for everyone else too that I met. You guys rocked. Thanks for making my first Celebration a blast. :rock
It dwas nice needing you too.

Where does one go to in order to see pics of conventions?

Youtube?

These forums / threads have none.
I would think that starwars.com will post some pics, and forum websites like Rebelscum and Yakface and Theforce.net. Attendees such as myself typically will upload them to Photobucket, Dropbox, or another online site they can send a link to. But keep in mind that people just got back home, and have to return to work and catch up on life. I probably won't upload my pictures until the weekend...

For sure 2099! Glad your trip was a success and I hope you meet up with us again in the future!

Back