Celebration Europe Art Prints now on SW.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarthSaffron said:
hey folks... its really important that you realise that these pieces AREN'T posters; that's why they are so expensive. Cat's, Adam's and my own pieces are high end art prints; archival inks and paper being run on a 4-color Heidleberg press. The paper stock is 80 pound, high cotton content archival, with a slight texture and no gloss. When you see these pieces; you'll totally love them! They only way they could be further from posters was if you were buying the original art itself!

Semantics, nothing more than semantics. I already have Cat Staggs print of Luke (Join Red Squadron) on my wall already, so I know what I'm on about. (And you're right -- I love it!) Didn't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities....

ANYWAY: I re-iterate, is there anyone who is able to reserve a copy of "They Were Expendable" for me?

HigHurtenflurst said:
Semantics, nothing more than semantics. I already have Cat Staggs print of Luke (Join Red Squadron) on my wall already, so I know what I'm on about. (And you're right -- I love it!) Didn't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities....

ANYWAY: I re-iterate, is there anyone who is able to reserve a copy of "They Were Expendable" for me?

I don't think Cat is taking reservations this time around.

nope..no reservations..but you can have someone pick one up for you

Are those Alvin Ice Tubes strong? They have an aluminum set also - one circular and one triangle shaped. They are a good clip more expensive too, but I want to make sure these prints survive the flight back to New York!

Sir Tristram said:
Are those Alvin Ice Tubes strong? They have an aluminum set also - one circular and one triangle shaped. They are a good clip more expensive too, but I want to make sure these prints survive the flight back to New York!

If you carry it on you should be ok, if you check this prepare for this:monkey2

Do you guys no about the aluminum tubes by Alvin? I will spring for the extra money but I don't know if they are thin aluminum or if they will take the abuse of being in my check-in luggage. :confused:

Sir Tristram said:
Do you guys no about the aluminum tubes by Alvin? I will spring for the extra money but I don't know if they are thin aluminum or if they will take the abuse of being in my check-in luggage. :confused:
Trust me, just get the plastic ones. They are pretty durable. In fact, most airlines don't even count poster tubes toward their 2 piece carry-on limit. At least I've never been stopped or given any grief.

Let's put it this way: Coming back from C4, I had a backpack, my laptop bag and also the 38" Ice Tube taped to a Master Replicas FX saber box. I had no problems, everything fit in the overheads and it was easy to carry thanks to the shoulder straps. :rock

Last edited:
IrishJedi said:
Trust me, just get the plastic ones. They are pretty durable. In fact, most airlines don't even count poster tubes toward their 2 piece carry-on limit. At least I've never been stopped or given any grief.

Let's put it this way: Coming back from C4, I had a backpack, my laptop bag and also the 38" Ice Cube taped to a Master Replicas FX saber box. I had no problems, everything fit in the overheads and it was easy to carry thanks to the shoulder straps. :rock

Good deal! 'nuff said! Thanks, man!
I'll grab a 37" Ice Tube and be done with it!
I'm only carrying on my Laptop bag anyway...so, with the tube slung over my shoulder, I shouldn't have a problem!

Thanks!!

Sir Tristram said:
I'm only carrying on my Laptop bag anyway...so, with the tube slung over my shoulder, I shouldn't have a problem!
Nope. You'll be good-to-go. And, like I said, the Ice Tube fits in the overhead comparment with no worries.

:rock

You're welcome. Have a blast at CE!

:chew

Back