Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's better than Redmans but it's not like their quality is Hot Toys or iminime quality.

Just get the normal kit of Ellie for $150 and buy whatever body you feel comfortable with. Done!

If you want the cheapest deal, fly to China to buy it when it comes out. You’ll save another 30% off of the market up price & shipping. I bought Joel last summer in China for 850RMB ($130) when I was over there for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Joel’s body costs like $15-20. If you opt to go cheap on Ellie’s body, you can buy the body that VTS used for their “short” Furiosa instead of the S27B body. I bought that body for $20.

Just checked the body and saw one major disadvantage which I didn't remembered when I red your comment.
Furiosa's left arm is chopped.
It has to be modded but where to find a spare arm to suit that body?

Just checked the body and saw one major disadvantage which I didn't remembered when I red your comment.
Furiosa's left arm is chopped.
It has to be modded but where to find a spare arm to suit that body?
VTS and Dam Toys used this body for their female figures. These female figures’ height is about 5’3 in real life scale so that should work for Ellie’s kit.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202480770161

Can you help with a link to that body?

You mean Redmans version has a younger Ellie, while CC Ellie is older, correct?
So older Ellie is more game-accurate?

Can you help with a link to that body?

Personally I know CC Ellie will have more quality than Redman's.
I have CC Joel and Redman's Rick Grimes & Deckard and I understand what I am getting.
Sadly I am on a tight budget, so if I spend so much money on CC Ellie I will not be able to buy something else.
We are talking about $150 for a pack (also unlicensed), with that money I can buy another full figure
(again unlicensed but including a body & shipping).

pop toys boy aka Xing Body. there are 2 versions, 1 with exposed arm & leg joints, 1 with rubber arms & legs.

there's 3 bust size and i think 2-3 skin tones. tan would be the one to go. i'm not sure Ellie's bust size in the game.

So a figure that re-uses seven accessories, and doesn't come with a body, is already around £7 more than I paid for its companion piece including shipping? Ugh, why did they have to get greedy. It's such a **** move to jack the prices up when an Ellie is pretty much essential to display with Joel. Not to mention that accessory pack - £51 for two weapons, a jacket, and a shirt?

After getting the Joel figure, I was singing the praises of CC_Toys. Sure, some of the stuff needed re-painting and properly weathering, but it was still a great deal for the price. Now it feels like a cynical bait and switch.

do you already have Joel? is Winter Joel necessary for you? I don't think winter version is such a big deal. maybe you can just get the Ellie single pack if you already have Joel. if you don't already have Joel, i guess getting the twin pack is the most economical method.

sorry for folks wanting to display both versions, you'd need alot of money.

I don't like this situation either but I'll probably soon put in an order for Ellie, a body for her, and Joel's extra stuff. I don't really feel there is much of a choice and I suppose that is what they are banking on.

Should receive the S27B bodies tomorrow, which will be interesting to see placed alongside figures from various companies.

Went with KG Hobby for two of the full sets, because even allowing for an increase on the shipping estimate, they should still be cheaper than TNS.

I don't like this situation either but I'll probably soon put in an order for Ellie, a body for her, and Joel's extra stuff. I don't really feel there is much of a choice and I suppose that is what they are banking on.

so you prefer winter outfit over summer? if not what will you do with the extra stuff since you can only give him the flamethrower. the jacket & shirt goes onto a mannequin? IMO not really worth it for the price.

so you prefer winter outfit over summer? if not what will you do with the extra stuff since you can only give him the flamethrower. the jacket & shirt goes onto a mannequin? IMO not really worth it for the price.

I'll just get a knockoff body for a second Joel, use the angry sculpt for the winter version and cobble together the rest from Toy Anxiety or eBay. I'll probably make two Ellie figures eventually as well.

I don't remember Joel being as low as $140. I recall him being around $180, and GIANTOY still has him for $200.

If you deduct the body from a $180 Joel then she's about the same price. The issue is that she requires a specific body which isn't as cheap as Joel's. Though you could save by getting one of PopToys' $30 bodies, and she'd match the price of Joel as I remember him being.

I was slightly off, in that Ellie is a few pounds cheaper (like literally £5.) By today's exchange rates, I paid $156 for Joel including shipping. I know some will scoff at a $24 difference, but I need to keep a close eye on my cash. Plus, CC_Toys opportunism here has annoyed me so much I'm looking for reasons not to buy their figure.

do you already have Joel? is Winter Joel necessary for you? I don't think winter version is such a big deal. maybe you can just get the Ellie single pack if you already have Joel. if you don't already have Joel, i guess getting the twin pack is the most economical method.

sorry for folks wanting to display both versions, you'd need alot of money.

Nah, winter isn't essential for me, but the strategy behind it still rankles. If it was around £25/30 then I'd have much less of a problem, as it would be more of an olive branch to the early adopters.

I was slightly off, in that Ellie is a few pounds cheaper (like literally £5.) By today's exchange rates, I paid $156 for Joel including shipping. I know some will scoff at a $24 difference, but I need to keep a close eye on my cash. Plus, CC_Toys opportunism here has annoyed me so much I'm looking for reasons not to buy their figure.

I'm going by my regular haunts, the likes of KG Hobby and OneSixthKit, where I think he was $180. I didn't see him cheaper, but then I wasn't buying him so didn't look around.

On the basis of that price CC Toys were setting themselves up as a 'premium' brand, so I wasn't expecting Ellie to be cheap.

Joel came with a lot of gear, but from photos the finish didn't look top quality. Compare that to the amount and ultra-accurate gear of Ace's $158 fantasy Vietnam Girl, and Joel looks expensive.

The two-pack price from KGH is working out at $353 per set delivered (or $364 for one set).

With a couple of pairs of jeans, boots and cheap bodies, those angry heads could be put to use making two more figures.

I agree. I only want the Flamethrower myself, which I imagine will be sold individually as parts on Ebay

This is the s27b beside Joel...

thumbnail_image_edited-1.jpg

I think I'll just get the Ellie set and the body and skip on the 2 pack entirely, I kinda wanted another Joel but the all the oney I'd have to spend ain't worth it.
Maybe I'll get the winter set for Joel later on but that's it.

This is the s27b beside Joel...

View attachment 444726

Seems about right, the head sculpt should be just slightly above Joel's shoulders,

I'll just get a knockoff body for a second Joel, use the angry sculpt for the winter version and cobble together the rest from Toy Anxiety or eBay. I'll probably make two Ellie figures eventually as well.

IMO apart from the accessories you still need the pants & shoes at least. i think it would easily add up another $50 just for those so might be better getting the double pack at least you get all the stuffs.

Not sure if mentioned, but Giant Toy has the two pack up (no body for Ellie) for $394.99

Nah, winter isn't essential for me, but the strategy behind it still rankles. If it was around £25/30 then I'd have much less of a problem, as it would be more of an olive branch to the early adopters.

if you don't need the winter and already have summer joel just get the stanalone pack you won't miss much.

Back