Cave Troll PF (Any Interest)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the latest from sideshow's Q & A, dated 11/30/09:

QUESTION:
Since a Cave Troll is about the same size as Abomination, what are the chances of getting a Cave Troll Premium Format Figure?

ANSWER:
Yes, you’re right that we’re getting bolder about bringing larger characters to life in 1:4 scale. We’ve had several concepts for the Cave Troll on and off our line lists, but we will be bringing the Cave Troll back in some form. It’s too early to promise you a PF Cave Troll, but it could be possible.

the cave troll lsb has already been done. so the choices are narrowed down to either a diorama or a premium format. it's a win-win situation guys! :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Last edited:
I have an abomination statue and would definitely buy a similarly large troll PF. Its one of the pieces I've been hoping SS would produce. I wouldn't mind having either a cave or battle troll and hopefully both over time.

I'm betting on a DIO with Gimli...since we have not had anything with GIMLI in the NEW lines from Sideshow.

From Dec. 2 Q&A:

Question: Your Premium Format line is fantastic, is there any chance we will see a Cave Troll in this format? And how about a Fell Beast in Legendary Scale Bust?

Answer: Both are excellent suggestions and do appear on our candidate rosters, but neither is currently in development.

From Dec. 2 Q&A:

Question: Your Premium Format line is fantastic, is there any chance we will see a Cave Troll in this format? And how about a Fell Beast in Legendary Scale Bust?

Answer: Both are excellent suggestions and do appear on our candidate rosters, but neither is currently in development.

Hopefully it will be in the works in the not to distant future...Really want a nice cave troll PF!!!:D

Don't know if this was posted yet, but promising info:

Is there any chance - any chance at all! - that we will see horse and rider Premium Format sets or large creature PF’s (like the Balrog or Cave Troll) in the LOTR line?

Yes, there is a chance that you might see horse and rider combinations appear within the Premium Format line, but it’s very unlikely that you would see the Balrog represented within the Premium Format line.
:banana

With a 'Mouth of Sauron' already being made by the excellent Markus:banana , I am really interested in a CT in PF form over any horse and rider .......unless it's Theoden and Snowmane:naughty

Hey look, I got another question answered. :lol

Me too. Mine was the question right under your's. Looks like you called it Frank. I never thought SS would do a CT PF but it certainly sounds like one will eventually be done. Looks like a CT dio. is up 1st, which is more than fine with me. Any way you slice it having a CT dio. and PF to go with the awesome CT LSB is a win win win situation!

I was hoping for this too, but then I could have had 12 days of LOTR previews and been happy about it!

The Cave Troll as PF seems somewhat plausible still! I know a Balrog is ruled out, but the Cave Troll would be insane!

Okay,
I am a huge nerd, but I have gone to my LOTR Making Of...books, and in the first Official Movie Guide, they have a scale comparison that lists the Troll to be 10 feet tall. That would put the figure at roughly two and a half feet tall (not too outrageous) but his bulk would probably be more of an issue.

According to the Sideshow Website, Abomination PF in the Marvel Line is 23" - and I would imagine that they might have similar postures might mean the Cave Troll isn't too unrealistic!

Time to take off my nerd glasses now.

just a thought... wouldn't the cave troll pf be at the same scale with the cave troll lsb? we all know that the lsb isn't at 1/2 scale, so maybe it's at 1/4 scale, giving us a glimpse pf how the pf would size up...what do you guys think?

Back