Cave Troll PF (Any Interest)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Rider and Horse PLEASE!!! a Warg and rider would also be steller... both would be bigger then Speeder bike.. and 10 times more detail and work.... so honestly. I don't see these being done.

Black Rider and Horse PLEASE!!! a Warg and rider would also be steller... both would be bigger then Speeder bike.. and 10 times more detail and work.... so honestly. I don't see these being done.

Seeing as this has already been done to perfection by SSW it might be best not to touch this one....there is no upside. A Sharku [or generic orc] on Warg however, is another story altogether. :D

ttt0874.jpg

ttt0887.jpg

Seeing as this has already been done to perfection by SSW it might be best not to touch this one....there is no upside. A Sharku [or generic orc] on Warg however, is another story altogether. :D

ttt0874.jpg

ttt0887.jpg

i agree! as to what i've posted in reaction to ss's Q & A for oct. 30, i think a new line for the horse/beast and rider sets would be great to accomodate these fantastic proposed pieces! maybe in 1/6 scale, bigger than the dios (1/9) but more space friendly than the PF's (at 1/4... but i'd still get these if done in PF scale:naughty). a sharku on warg statue, with a more dynamic, savage pose for the beast would definitely outdo the gothmog on warg statue ssw did some years back... BIG TIME!!! then maybe dernhelm with merry on steed, arwen and frodo on asphaloth, faramir in full gondorian armor on steed, king theoden on steed...the list goes on! and i trust sideshow that they'd be executing these pieces nicely!

but first, bring on the cave troll pf!:naughty:naughty:naughty

i agree! as to what i've posted in reaction to ss's Q & A for oct. 30, i think a new line for the horse/beast and rider sets would be great to accomodate these fantastic proposed pieces! maybe in 1/6 scale, bigger than the dios (1/9) but more space friendly than the PF's (at 1/4... but i'd still get these if done in PF scale:naughty). a sharku on warg statue, with a more dynamic, savage pose for the beast would definitely outdo the gothmog on warg statue ssw did some years back... BIG TIME!!! then maybe dernhelm with merry on steed, arwen and frodo on asphaloth, faramir in full gondorian armor on steed, king theoden on steed...the list goes on! and i trust sideshow that they'd be executing these pieces nicely!

but first, bring on the cave troll pf!:naughty:naughty:naughty

You'll just have to "settle" for these in 1/4 scale then. :D SS's PF licence is very specific and is set at 1/4 scale only.

if this was done in 1/4 scale it wouldn't be bigger than the speeder bike.... just taller. remember the speeder bike is 1/4/ scale also.
I for one would be ecstatic if a Black Rider would make the PF treatment, or a Warg Rider even.

Heck how about forget the Rider and give us a PF Ringwrath period.... :horror

You'll just have to "settle" for these in 1/4 scale then. :D SS's PF licence is very specific and is set at 1/4 scale only.

bring them on then! so maybe i just have to start saving up before these goodies start coming out by 2011! if done in this scale, i know these would never be be priced at US$500 at the very least! oh wow! hehehe! :horror:horror:horror

bring them on then! so maybe i just have to start saving up before these goodies start coming out by 2011! if done in this scale, i know these would never be be priced at US$500 at the very least! oh wow! hehehe! :horror:horror:horror

No doubt, it would be best if you started saving your pennies now......:D

They did a Battle Troll yes, but from the siege of Minas Tirith, not the Battle of the Black Gates.

Not so. The actual troll is the troll that attacks Aragorn. It has the same armour, helmet and sword. It's just been put on a Gondor base with a Gondorian soldier, but the troll itself is from the Black Gate :peace

Not so. The actual troll is the troll that attacks Aragorn. It has the same armour, helmet and sword. It's just been put on a Gondor base with a Gondorian soldier, but the troll itself is from the Black Gate :peace

Sorry, going to have respectfully disagree with you there. Does it look exactly like the Troll that battled Aragorn at the Black Gates? Yes. Like you said, same armor, helmet and sword. But the fact the the piece is on a "crumbling Minas Trith stairway display base" (this is verbatim from the Sideshow site) and was produced by Sideshow Weta (who you have championed in previous posts) is evidence that the Battle Troll of Mordor statue is from the siege of Minas Tirith sequence in ROTK. After all, Weta would know as they were intimately invloved in the films...unless this was a mistake on their part.

Technically, it could be the same troll. The troll could have fled when the battle turned upon the arrival of the Army of Dead, and the same troll could have confronted Aragorn at the Black Gates.

This is really a non-issue. My point is that if a Troll PF were to be made by Sideshow, I would much rather prefer an armored Battle Troll on a Black Gates base than a cave troll.

Last edited:
Sorry, going to have respectfully disagree with you there. Does it look exactly like the Troll that battled Aragorn at the Black Gates? Yes. Like you said, same armor, helmet and sword. But the fact the the piece is on a "crumbling Minas Trith stairway display base" (this is verbatim from the Sideshow site) and was produced by Sideshow Weta (who you have championed in previous posts) is evidence that the Battle Troll of Mordor statue is from the siege of minas Tirith sequence in ROTK. After all, Sideshow Weta would know as they were intimately invloved in the films...unless this was a mistake on their part.

Technically, it could be the same troll. The troll could have fled when the battle turned upon the arrival of the Army of Dead, and the same troll could have confronted Aragorn at the Black Gates.

This is really a non-issue. My point is that if a Troll PF were to be made by Sideshow, I would much rather prefer an armored Battle Troll on a Black Gates base than a cave troll.

Oh, oh....my turn to correct someone. Sideshow Weta was a partnership to create/distribute collectibles form the LoTR fimls. Weta was the creative minds behind special effects, costumes, props etc on the films but Sideshow had no input in the films whatsoever.

Their involvement in the LoTR films is as much/little as it was in any other license they sell/distribute......none.

:)

Oh, oh....my turn to correct someone. Sideshow Weta was a partnership to create/distribute collectibles form the LoTR fimls. Weta was the creative minds behind special effects, costumes, props etc on the films but Sideshow had no input in the films whatsoever.

Their involvement in the LoTR films is as much/little as it was in any other license they sell/distribute......none.

:)

Yes, I'm quite aware of this. My mistake for typing fast and not proof-reading my post. I have made the necessary edit. But the point is the artists at Weta made the Battle Troll statue and chose to have it on a Minas Tirith base.

I will take my leave and wait for the "Battle Troll PF (any Interest)?" thread...:):):)

LOL. For the record, I would buy a Battle Troll PF as well!

But you just gave me an idea, I don't want a Cave Troll anymore (or a Battle Troll). How about a set of the three Stone Trolls! That's definitely UBER! :wacky :woo

:D Lol, i'll go with that! I wasn't trying to score and points, just pointing something trivial out. I don't really care what troll it was to be honest, i just thought it looked like the black gate troll... :monkey3

Cool I'm looking at my LOTR PF's they could use some new additions.

Back