Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled catwoman out of storage from my closet and It has a lot more white speckles on the costume then when I first got it. I cannot remove them. I assume its from stretching. has anyone found a way to fix this?

I just pulled catwoman out of storage from my closet and It has a lot more white speckles on the costume then when I first got it. I cannot remove them. I assume its from stretching. has anyone found a way to fix this?

Sorry to hear that. I've had mine on display since I've received her and have no issues with white speckles. Hopefully someone here can help you out.

I was worried about this happening. I don't have this piece yet, still planning on picking it up when I have the money. I'm not sure what the material is they used, but I've had black faux leather jackets that fall apart after a few years. The black material starts to flake off leaving white underneath. I was thinking it might happen to this.

I was doing some gaming and just looking at my statues a little closer today and I noticed white speckles that appeared on Catwoman's leg. They definitely were not there when I first picked her up from my LCS a few months ago. I know because I closely inspected and swaped out the one marked for me because of one or two speckles on the back of her leg. I look today and I now have like 3 or 4 little ones running the length of her leg. At first I tried dusting thing something got on them then I realized the material was stretched now :gah: Will continue to monitor.

Mine had quite a few speckles all over the suit right from in the box and Sideshow told me that they were all that way so refused to do anything about them. If the portrait wasn't so perfectly painted on the one I received, I'd have sent it back. I probably should have sent it back anyway but seeing that it is starting to happen to other ones, I don't feel as bad and suppose I'll just wait a couple of years and then have it customized instead.

I have an aunt that makes custom doll clothes on the side. I've been tempted for a while now to ask if she could make a catsuit for my pf out of real leather.

Don't have to worry about this on the classic CW pf.
Yup, that's what I was thinking once I realized what was happening. I have gotten rid of most of my mixed media. That being said I went and looked at my.ss black widow and her material looked just fine and she is an older piece. Whatever ss did here I'm worried it will not stand test of time

For the speckles I used a few coats of black shoe polish, just had to be careful with bleeding. I tried one small section and it seemed to work. Then did the whole suit to make it look even.

Well ...I hope this is an isolated incident or just a rare occurrence. It would totally suck if most or all the CW have this problem over time.

For the speckles I used a few coats of black shoe polish, just had to be careful with bleeding. I tried one small section and it seemed to work. Then did the whole suit to make it look even.

Hearing the freaky quick fixes that some of you guys perform on your PFs makes me really reluctant to ever want to purchase anything used from members. Shoe polish...? Geez. :panic::cuckoo: Why not send a poor quality product back for a refund?

I've noticed for awhile now that the small white specks have appearing more and more on her suit.... it's not to bad from a distance but if you get up really close you can easily seem them.... If it gets really bad I'll just have it customized and have the mix media removed...

Hearing the freaky quick fixes that some of you guys perform on your PFs makes me really reluctant to ever want to purchase anything used from members. Shoe polish...? Geez. :panic::cuckoo: Why not send a poor quality product back for a refund?

I did send it back. First one had several scratches on it and was replaced. Was told I could send the whole thing back and get a refund on the second one. Opted to try this (it is just dye). What can I say I like the sculpt. Will strip it completely and repaint if it bothers me enough. Worked fine and I would never sell anything without full disclosure. Bubblegum works well for keeping severed limbs intact. Want to buy my Black Widow Just has a small crack on one of the arms :wink1:

This sucks because I know mine was flawless before. I have photos as proof. Do you think the Styrofoam or paper had anything to do with it? To dry maybe? What is this material? maybe some leather conditioner would help or is it spandex and I have to make a trip to a *ahem* suggestive outlet shop?

This sucks because I know mine was flawless before. I have photos as proof. Do you think the Styrofoam or paper had anything to do with it? To dry maybe? What is this material? maybe some leather conditioner would help or is it spandex and I have to make a trip to a *ahem* suggestive outlet shop?

There were some people that complained about this when it first shipped. I wonder if they used something on the body to help get the outfit on that is maybe leeching through? Some kind of talc or something?

I haven't seen any problems with mine... who knows how her suit will hold up 1-2 years from now, but I basically just keep her dry, dusted and out of sunlight... Here are very recent pics - bonus: my modded goggles-up portrait!

cat 1.jpg

cat 2.jpg

^ really nice pics desertdragon.

Sideshow was kind of enough to send me a replacement head for the one I chipped and I only paid for shipping. I've always had superb customer experience with them and this is why I don't mind to continue collecting their pieces despite the price increases.

On a side note, unless I missed it in the thread, has anyone started a maskless head sculpt like Batgirl? If not I'm thinking of commissioning someone to do it using the damaged piece. That is if I can find someone who does that kind of thing.

Back