Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my Catwoman PF (not EX) statue today. This is my first foray into the world of these huge PF statues and OMG she's gorgeous and I'm already thinking about where I'm going to make room for the next three or four of them. I got #99/4000 and I see one flaw, and that is a tiny chip in the sculpt at the top of her left boot, but it's not enough to make me want to return it. Everything else is flawless.

For those that are talking about the white specks on the suit, I think I may know what you're talking about and seeing. I might be seeing a little bit of that around her right shoulder where the suit is stretched really tight. The suit appears to be a vinyl catsuit. This is essentially spandex with a vinyl coating. If your GF has a full scale vinyl catsuit, you will see the same thing with it over time. You will really see this with any kind of coated spandex, for example the "metallic" spandex does this as well. The issue is that the spandex stretches quite a bit, but the coating can only stretch so much. Any coated spandex is a very fragile material and will break down over time. What you might be seeing are points where the spandex has stretched further than the coating was able to. Granted, this is just my wild ass guess based on the past few pages of posts I've read and based on what I've seen with the same or similar material in full scale, and I have not read back far enough to see actual pictures of the white specks, if such pictures exist.

I just got my Catwoman PF (not EX) statue today. This is my first foray into the world of these huge PF statues and OMG she's gorgeous and I'm already thinking about where I'm going to make room for the next three or four of them. I got #99/4000 and I see one flaw, and that is a tiny chip in the sculpt at the top of her left boot, but it's not enough to make me want to return it. Everything else is flawless.

For those that are talking about the white specks on the suit, I think I may know what you're talking about and seeing. I might be seeing a little bit of that around her right shoulder where the suit is stretched really tight. The suit appears to be a vinyl catsuit. This is essentially spandex with a vinyl coating. If your GF has a full scale vinyl catsuit, you will see the same thing with it over time. You will really see this with any kind of coated spandex, for example the "metallic" spandex does this as well. The issue is that the spandex stretches quite a bit, but the coating can only stretch so much. Any coated spandex is a very fragile material and will break down over time. What you might be seeing are points where the spandex has stretched further than the coating was able to. Granted, this is just my wild ass guess based on the past few pages of posts I've read and based on what I've seen with the same or similar material in full scale, and I have not read back far enough to see actual pictures of the white specks, if such pictures exist.

I wish :lol

Finally took home Selina yesterday! IT's my first time to get a PF still SEALED, as I got it from a friend who owns a comicshop and got this directly from SSC (the shop that is the authorized SSC distributor here opens all their SSC deliveries in their warehouse for checking before they have it delivered to their stores for client pick up). When I saw the seal intact I was hoping that the statue turns out perfect, as it would be difficult to ask for replacement being halfway across the globe away from SSC. Thankfully, 1520/4000 is in great shape. I think I lucked out, even the eyes are problem-free. I'm still considering modding the eye and hair color too for comic accuracy, and might add more eye shadow and richer red lips as it's really pale for my taste.

I thought I could still fit NECA's 1/4 Penguin next to her in the detolf, but wow, Cat's base is so big :lol

Pardon my display in progress:

PC270896_zps71m3gx3q.jpg

PC270894_zpshwlcyk4e.jpg

Congrats! To both of you!

HeubertMichael has good eyes on his CW portrait, but tofmovie looks like has the dreaded wonky eyes on his CW portrait.

Tofmovie, should think about asking for a replacement head.

Obviously they are releasing this in batches. The same thing happened in the WW, Supes, and Bats PF threads. Some peeps there stated SSC is selling more than the set ES. They were wrong in those threads as it was revealed that those PFs were released in batches. The same thing is going on with this PF. SSC is not going to release thousands of statues at the same time. That would be a logistical nightmare so they release pieces with a high ES in batches. This is nothing new as SSC has used this method in the past.

They didn't recreate it, but it's strange that they changed the paint job on Superman. If it's all part of the same edition, it's odd that there would basically be two different versions depending on when you order.

That's on the factory. It's not like SSC wanted the paint job on Supes to be different. Someone at the factory level in China must have dropped the ball. However, there should be QC during a production run. Noticing a deviation after an entire batch is made doesn't do anyone any good but didn't SSC recently sack a batch of Supes PFs because QC wasn't up to snuff? Hopefully, the replacements and future batches look as good as the first ones that were released. I know my Supes PF turned out great and luckily I don't have any leaning issues. I received one from the 1st batch of EXs and he's holding up perfectly.

That's on the factory. It's not like SSC wanted the paint job on Supes to be different. Someone at the factory level in China must have dropped the ball. However, there should be QC during a production run. Noticing a deviation after an entire batch is made doesn't do anyone any good but didn't SSC recently sack a batch of Supes PFs because QC wasn't up to snuff? Hopefully, the replacements and future batches look as good as the first ones that were released. I know my Supes PF turned out great and luckily I don't have any leaning issues. I received one from the 1st batch of EXs and he's holding up perfectly.

I have a hard time believing that the factory, on their own, changed the paint job on Supes and SS changed the proto pics to match. Has SS commented on this one way or the other?

I have a hard time believing that the factory, on their own, changed the paint job on Supes and SS changed the proto pics to match. Has SS commented on this one way or the other?

I didn't know they changed the pics on their website but it I can't think of a single reason SSC would intentionality change the color scheme on Supes. Why wouldn't they want their entire run on the Supes PF to be consistently the same? Any changes just opens the door to complaints from collectors. Either way, I feel really fortunate that I got one from the 1st batch because those came out fantastic. I feel for anyone who's not happy with the changes.

I didn't know they changed the pics on their website but it I can't think of a single reason SSC would intentionality change the color scheme on Supes. Why wouldn't they want their entire run on the Supes PF to be consistently the same? Any changes just opens the door to complaints from collectors. Either way, I feel really fortunate that I got one from the 1st batch because those came out fantastic. I feel for anyone who's not happy with the changes.

:dunno

Agreed. The first batch looks better, from what's been shown so far, and is one of the best premium formats I've seen.

The only thing I don't particularly like about the rumored Superman changes based on the updated pics is the briefs being a brighter shade of red than the cape. Otherwise, the paler skin seems more realistic and fitting with the icy Fortress of Solitude base. The original is probably more neutral if one is planning to display him with the Justice League or switch to a mixed media cape to prevent leaning issues.

Back