Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered some eye decals and will try to fix my HS myself. I figure what the hell? I can't mess them up much more than they already are. Plus, I can give her green eyes like she should have had anyway.

So are you planning on painting over the current eyes with white and just slapping the decals on there?

Yes how does the eye stickers thing work? How do we know the stickers even fit? The size could be too big or small. Sounds very risky to me.

So are you planning on painting over the current eyes with white and just slapping the decals on there?

Yeah, just painting the entire eye white and cutting the decals to fit where I want them. I'm sure it will be frustrating and not as easy as that sounds but I want the statue so I'll make it work. If I completely screw everything up then I'll see if someone can fix it for me.

Yes how does the eye stickers thing work? How do we know the stickers even fit? The size could be too big or small. Sounds very risky to me.

The decals are sized for 1/4 scale and then you cut them to fit where you want them to go on the eye. I guess I'll see if it works out that way.

Yeah, just painting the entire eye white and cutting the decals to fit where I want them. I'm sure it will be frustrating and not as easy as that sounds but I want the statue so I'll make it work. If I completely screw everything up then I'll see if someone can fix it for me.

The decals are sized for 1/4 scale and then you cut them to fit where you want them to go on the eye. I guess I'll see if it works out that way.

You have to cut the eyes? Wow I tried things like this before and it was no a good expierence for me at all. Hope it works out. Still sad how you paid 400.00 plus on a statue to have to go through this. Take pics when you are done. at least it's not a 600.00 plus custom paint job ��

You have to cut the eyes? Wow I tried things like this before and it was no a good expierence for me at all. Hope it works out. Still sad how you paid 400.00 plus on a statue to have to go through this. Take pics when you are done. at least it's not a 600.00 plus custom paint job í*½í¸°

Yeah I'm still not very happy with Sideshow for not offering a replacement head or even any credit but I want the statue so I'll try to fix it myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get it close enough to how I want it without having to pay someone to do it.

Yeah I'm still not very happy with Sideshow for not offering a replacement head or even any credit but I want the statue so I'll try to fix it myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get it close enough to how I want it without having to pay someone to do it.

Good luck with eyes GZL. I think John posted an updated vid on his channel where he soaked the eye decal in water a little longer to allow for the bonds to dissolve. It made the transfer much easier. I think he also used solvaset to get rid of air bubbles.

Not a bad thing to learn just in case you get flawed portraits. Just fix them yourself plus get a bit of credit from SS (usually) for future use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with eyes GZL. I think John posted an updated vid on his channel where he soaked the eye decal in water a little longer to allow for the bonds to dissolve. It made the transfer much easier. I think he also used solvaset to get rid of air bubbles.

Not a bad thing to learn just in case you get flawed portraits. Just fix them yourself plus get a bit of credit from SS (usually) for future use.

Thanks for the link! I'll give it a shot and see what happens--definitely going to watch the how-to video he has up.

No problem. I tried to look for some pics and I found one by Shanesg in the other forum. I think they look great.

Statue Forum - View Single Post - Catwoman PF (Mark Newman)

Wow, those look really good! I'm sure it takes a lot of playing with, and even painting the eyes white can be risky for some (ie: me) but it's definitely nice to know there are options for wonky eye if it really comes down to it!

Good luck Zod! I'm sure you'll get it on one of the 26 attempts :lol And when you do it'll definitely make it all the better in your collection! :hi5:

That does look really good. Thanks for sharing! I'm not comfortable enough right now to try that myself though. Fingers crossed it looks good enough right out of the box.

I received my Reg today and I'm so happy that I don't have any issues. Nice paint on the eyes and face. No saggy crotch. I was worried when I saw all of the issues on here but mine's good!

Back