Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received Exclusive #713 (Eeek) today.... A day before Friday the 13th... Receiving an item with a black cat.... Yeah, I'm playing with fire this weekend.

All pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/billlehecka/sets/72157650370736598/

Here are my faves.

16323790550_5442bedf8e_b.jpg

16325342867_99526973fd_b.jpg

15888686544_1f4a1353a0_b.jpg

15891091113_03bf4b14e4_b.jpg

16325342127_5dc21085c9_b.jpg

15891091003_4ef6dae4bf_b.jpg

So I went in for a closer look at Catwoman's ungoggled portrait, and I noticed some paint scuff marks on the chin and upper lip.

IH2pGwe.jpg

SXPHPLR.jpg

With the light in the room, I didn't notice it immediately... I've sent my e-mail to Sideshow. My concern is that they'll send a portrait out that's worse... EEK!

Am I being too sensitive on this? If you're not looking uber-close to the portrait, you can't notice it.

Meh, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

It all comes down to whether you're happy or not with the statue. It's your Catwoman.
Personally, it wouldn't bother me. I think she looks great. I'd be concerned if it were flaking paint or a flaw that might become worse over time like cracks in the polystone.
Otherwise, as long as it looks good to me from normal viewing distance ( around two feet away ) it's all good.
I could inspect all my statues with a magnifying glass and find something wrong with every one of them if I really wanted to. None of them are perfect.

1082 came in looks good so far need to fix her whip abit. Eyes isn't to bad the only issue I have her regular hand pointer is chipped. See if I can get a credit or it replaced.

So far 2 for 2 looking good so far. Judging by sinestro he looking good!

What's up with her nose?

That only looks that way because I adjusted the exposure to show the chin scuffmarks. It's a little discolored, but not enough to be annoying, unlike the marks I did point out. When you adjust the exposure, minor flaws could be magnified.

It all comes down to whether you're happy or not with the statue. It's your Catwoman.
Personally, it wouldn't bother me. I think she looks great. I'd be concerned if it were flaking paint or a flaw that might become worse over time like cracks in the polystone.
Otherwise, as long as it looks good to me from normal viewing distance ( around two feet away ) it's all good.
I could inspect all my statues with a magnifying glass and find something wrong with every one of them if I really wanted to. None of them are perfect.

The scuffmarks on the chin are going to bother me. Even if I'm far away, I'll know they are there...

Sideshow's usually good about make goods with pieces that are in full view. There was a chip on my Poison Ivy piece that wasn't visible, but I got a credit on it. When I had Batman chin scuffs on both portraits, they sent replacements quickly.

This is my first issue with a Sideshow piece since the Mary Jane Comiquette... so there's that.

:lecture:goodpost:

I thought she looked really pretty till you zoom in with the hubble telescope.

:lol

One thing I'm a tad concerned with is the hand attached to the whip. if that magnet loses any strength, the arm is going to fall off and the hand will probably shatter.

Do magnets weaken?

I just got a call from Sideshow. I had requested a new unmasked portrait because the gloss on her goggles was messed up. They sent me a replacement with the goggles down, so I sent it back. She was just clarifying what I still needed from them, but I was really impressed that they'd make that kind of effort.

One thing I'm a tad concerned with is the hand attached to the whip. if that magnet loses any strength, the arm is going to fall off and the hand will probably shatter.
I saw a mate wrap the whip around her waist, I was going to do that, at that point if it does weaken; I don't think it'll hit the ground.
Do magnets weaken?

I just got a call from Sideshow. I had requested a new unmasked portrait because the gloss on her goggles was messed up. They sent me a replacement with the goggles down, so I sent it back. She was just clarifying what I still needed from them, but I was really impressed that they'd make that kind of effort.

I believe they do, at least I have seen some people say that their statues have not been the same, especially the magnet. Guess it depends. :dunno

So wait, you wanted an goggles up replacement, but they sent you a goggles down?

I have to say though... This base is comically large. Like, it's almost twice the size of the Poison Ivy Base and the Joker Base.

Fastest CS response ever. They're sending a replacement Goggles Up Head in the next few days. It'll be here in about a week.

Woo hoo, I get to smash another head soon!

Fastest CS response ever. They're sending a replacement Goggles Up Head in the next few days. It'll be here in about a week.

Woo hoo, I get to smash another head soon!

Glad to hear it! Yeah, the base is ridiculous. I would expect a base that large for Hulk or a comiquette, not Catwoman lol

Do magnets weaken?

They eventually do though slowly over time. But exposing them to extreme heat or other magnetic fields may hasten the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back