Catwoman Bootleg Coming (Returns not Halle)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kind of nipple problem ?

A lot of these catwoman figures have the 'nipple' section of their catsuit rubbed or 'worn' away. My guess is this happens while the suit is being put on and they are treating the figure quite roughly.

A lot of these catwoman figures have the 'nipple' section of their catsuit rubbed or 'worn' away. My guess is this happens while the suit is being put on and they are treating the figure quite roughly.

They should have sanded the nipples down before stretching the catsuit over the figure, as well as securing her in the box with a twist tie.

With the attention to detail they gave this thing, it looks like they would have taken a little extra care with it.

The nipple rub on mine really isn't that noticable, so I won't be applying any touch-ups.

Never got a response back from SR about the smashed box or the extra figure, cause I wasn't going to pay to ship it back. So I put the crushed box figure on the bay :rock :p

Will post lots more full body pics but I wanted a preview pf the masterpiece I got from Josh Small today!!!! Lots more to come...

Big thanks to Sdabbs as well and WGP for this breathtaking sculpt. Untouchable!!

Now with the upgraded WGP hands she will be perfect. Look at how bad the old head is lol. I used to think it was good. It's crap.

picture7pv.png

picture9qp.png

comp2l.jpg

cpm1.jpg

No denying that the WGP sculpt and SS paint job are superior.

The only thing that bugs me is that the stitching on the bootleg head looks more consistent with the stitching on the bootleg body.

Are WGP still planning on making a suit for Catwoman?

Yeah, the Sean Dabbs head is miles better than the bootleg head. It's just such a shame that there's not an equally impressive, widely available body to go with it!

Will post lots more full body pics but I wanted a preview pf the masterpiece I got from Josh Small today!!!! Lots more to come...

Big thanks to Sdabbs as well and WGP for this breathtaking sculpt. Untouchable!!

Now with the upgraded WGP hands she will be perfect. Look at how bad the old head is lol. I used to think it was good. It's crap.

picture7pv.png

picture9qp.png

comp2l.jpg

cpm1.jpg

Looks great, did you purchase the head first and then get it painted by someone else? Would love some details. Thanks.

The head is from Warrior's Gate Productions (sculpted by Sdabbs) and that's a Small Studios paint job.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:monkey3

The head is from Warrior's Gate Productions (sculpted by Sdabbs) and that's a Small Studios paint job.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:monkey3

Yeah, yeah.. I knew it was a WGP, I just didn't understand how the whole "buy a head and get someone else to paint it" thing works, as I haven't done it myself. So I guess it's two entirely different transactions then?
I'm new to the customs thing, I didn't know who Josh Small was.
Mea Culpa.
:pfft:

Man, that's a beautiful Catwoman!

Can't wait to get my own! Bitin' nails waiting for the costume update. But you know, that bootleg looks pretty damn good with the new head.

Yeah, yeah.. I knew it was a WGP, I just didn't understand how the whole "buy a head and get someone else to paint it" thing works, as I haven't done it myself. So I guess it's two entirely different transactions then?
I'm new to the customs thing, I didn't know who Josh Small was.
Mea Culpa.
:pfft:

:1-1:

Generally if the sculptor doesn't paint, or you want a different painter, you would have the head shipped unpainted and then you would send it out to the painter of your choice yourself. In some cases I have seen people ask the sculptor to send the head directly to the painter to save time in the mail. Masters like Josh (Small Studios) are very popular and generally have a big backlog of orders so they may not be accepting new orders or it could take a while to get it back. There are a few very talented painters that aren't quite as "sought after" that are easier to pin down and have shorter turn over.

I've been meaning to start a thread in the customs section that would have a comprehensive list of all the available painters and sculptors that do commission work. It would be a nice reference thread. :)

:1-1:

Generally if the sculptor doesn't paint, or you want a different painter, you would have the head shipped unpainted and then you would send it out to the painter of your choice yourself. In some cases I have seen people ask the sculptor to send the head directly to the painter to save time in the mail. Masters like Josh (Small Studios) are very popular and generally have a big backlog of orders so they may not be accepting new orders or it could take a while to get it back. There are a few very talented painters that aren't quite as "sought after" that are easier to pin down and have shorter turn over.

I've been meaning to start a thread in the customs section that would have a comprehensive list of all the available painters and sculptors that do commission work. It would be a nice reference thread. :)

Thanks man, and thats a great idea.
:hi5:

That's a good idea.

It would also be helpful if possible for the artists to update in terms of their availability and backlog.

For instance, Josh could post that he isn't taking any new orders until July. Could help funnel orders and give artists 'breathing room' with their current workload...as well as minimize the barrage of PMs these guys probably get every time a new headsculpt is offered.

Thanks for the support guys. :)

I'll have to think of a catchy thread title. Any suggestions?

Back