Catwoman Bootleg Coming (Returns not Halle)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Dave means that HT got rights to Arnie's likeness for any film where the movie licenses doesn't cover it when they acquired it for Dutch, though they'd still have to submit work to that company for approvals on every figure. That'd bode well for T1 Terminators.

As for Freeze, I would think the B&R license would cover that, by that film, marketing was pretty heavy.

They have the "in" at Oak Productions though. It would probably be easier then dealing with Nicholson's people.

True. I stopped caring about that franchise after the first film so I can't remember but was there any figures with Arnold's likeness released for his Batman flick? I know the official figures for the first film featured a generic, comic book version Joker, not Nicholson. And the Keaton Batman was passable; You could tell who it was supposed to be minus the comic book style white eyes.

There was a Wayne for Returns that was a good Keaton likeness for a Kenner figure, and DCD is doing Keaton, I think his likeness is covered but not sure about anyone else in the franchise.

There was a Wayne for Returns that was a good Keaton likeness for a Kenner figure, and DCD is doing Keaton, I think his likeness is covered but not sure about anyone else in the franchise.

Jim carrey and Tommy Lee Jones have been done by kenner, or are you guys just talking about HT?

Jim carrey and Tommy Lee Jones have been done by kenner, or are you guys just talking about HT?

We were discussing Kenner/Hasbro figures as a guage of whether HT would have likeness rights under the film liceneses or would have to get likeness rights from the actors' own companies in addition to the film license. Like with Predator, the license covered HT making a Dutch figure, but they had to deal with OAK, the company controlling likeness rights for Arnie, to get his blessing to do an accurrate sculpt. Some actors, no matter what, don't give their likeness rights with a film contract, but often, from around the mid 90s on, the film license covers likenesses, stuff before that is spotty, not everything covered it.

Really nice figure! :) I'm thinking about getting one. But the Head could need a repaint. needs to be more pale, almost white. Still an awesome figure!!!

Question: What are the risks of preordering from ebay? Won't the time to claim the money back from paypal expire by the time these are supposed to ship?

Question: What are the risks of preordering from ebay? Won't the time to claim the money back from paypal expire by the time these are supposed to ship?

Order from an HK dealer with a long rep - ABCexpress, etc. I've never had a problem with them.

The more I'm thinking about Nicholson likeness - he made a ton of money off merchandising for the first movie - so I'm thinking likeness rights may have been included in his film contract. Of course, they could have expired at this point - but hopefully not.

The more I'm thinking about Nicholson likeness - he made a ton of money off merchandising for the first movie - so I'm thinking likeness rights may have been included in his film contract. Of course, they could have expired at this point - but hopefully not.

I heard something that he took less money for the role in exchange for a hefty ammount of control and kickback from merchandising. If that's true, his likeness may be a matter of how much dough has to be kicked his way more than permission to use it or not.

I heard something that he took less money for the role in exchange for a hefty ammount of control and kickback from merchandising. If that's true, his likeness may be a matter of how much dough has to be kicked his way more than permission to use it or not.

I had heard the same thing as well... also that his cut amounted to one of the larger pay outs in movie history.

Yeah, I think it was one of those things like Lucas conceding pay for merchandising rights on Star Wars, Nicholson saw more potential in other things than just a straight paycheck and with nothing to suggest the film would be a huge success, WB probably just gave him whatever he wanted to get him in the picture.

Back