Catwoman Bootleg Coming (Returns not Halle)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an interesting figure and I'm debating about getting one to add to my Batman shelf :) One thing that would put it over the top for me would be an optional unmasked head from the end of the movie...

More and more pre-order opportunities are popping up on Ebay, from different sellers, at different prices.

Are some of these scams - or is the customizer providing small batches to multiple sellers (for a total of 100 figures?) And if so, why not control distribution his or herself?

This type of figure isn't really custom, but mass-produced in a small run. Usually all of the HK sellers have them available at the same time and the prices vary depending on how much they think they get out of us.

Catwoman looks fantastic. Come to think of it, Hot Toys should be all over this too, I'd buy one as part of their Returns line along with Keaton :p Probably even Shrek too

I have a feeling, unless there's a problem with likeness rights, Hot Toys will probably tackler Burton's Batman films at some point as filler products between current releases, similar to what they're doing with T2.

Its possible... but I don't think we'd see Catwoman or Penguin as they don't tend to go too deep with any license. I'd think one that is over 20 years old would get even less attention.

I'm waiting to see if ABCExpress has this as I'd feel most comfortable ordering from them. If not, I'll likely go with the $120 shipped option.

Its possible... but I don't think we'd see Catwoman or Penguin as they don't tend to go too deep with any license. I'd think one that is over 20 years old would get even less attention.

Agreed, but really, if they did Burton Batman movies, there's really only 5 core figures to make to cover them, 2 Batmans and 3 villains, and somehow I have a feeling getting rights to do Nicholson Joker might be hard, so that could leave Catwoman and Penguin as the only villains they can make with ease and of course, Catwoman being the easiest to build of those two.

If it means getting a Nicholson Joker in my collection finally without breaking the bank, I'd take that.

I have to admit I'd be torn about a HT Nicholson Joker... I think the clothes (jacket, shirt and tie) could be improved upon with mine. But, everything else; especially Les' head is tops.

I'd defintely be interested in a new Batman, love the one from Shawn, but a complete suit would be nicer. But I'd likely just sit it out when it came to the Joker.

aad.jpg

If i had that, I wouldn't care, but I don't so I'm hoping for HT :lol I could never bring myself to spend over $150 on that Nicholson because there were things that needed swapping and meant more money, like a Les head and a better body, for what it cost I felt like it should have come out good from the maker, which for the same money, an HT one would be. This Catwoman, however, looks great as is and worth the money, I just wish someone I was comfortable preordering with would offer it, or at least, maybe it won't be big enough that some will still be around when it's in stock.

Knowing HT they'd make only 2 - Batman and Mr. Freeze - just because they have the Arnold likeness rights already.

Despite Batman and Robin being such a stinker, a Mr. Freeze would actually be kind of cool.

Damn, Mr Freeze would cause such an angry uprising from fans. He's still sell out, but the bellyaching would be epic :lol

I'll order this Catwoman but put me down for anything HT makes from the Burton Batman films.

I'm like galactiboy and would be more comfortable if ABC had this for preorder.

Not sure how many they ever had up, but Toys2 had one left on their site and I just snagged it :chew

Back