Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any guesses on whether the whip is poseable? I like the way it's posed in the pics, just curious.

I'm pretty gutted by this reveal. My favorite incarnation of my favorite character - and they had to do some stupid non-film pin-up pose. I knew as soon as I saw the preview pic (holding the whip - backwards!) and to see it snaking all over her like that is just ridiculous. Presuming that the whip is removable, it still looks stupid. With all the awesome stances she did in the film, they didn't need to try to artificially sex her up like this.

Utterly disappointed. The face sculpt isn't great either - but I could have forgiven that if they hadn't put her in such a stupid pose (and if you watch how she moved in the film, she never crossed her legs like that walking - she couldn't, in that outfit). So much of it is great - the battle damaged outfit, just gorgeous - but really, no way I am going to spend this kind of dough when the first thing I think of when I look at her is "that's an imposter playing Catwoman". FWIW, this is also the reason I have skipped the last two Catwoman PF statues - just stupid, unrealistic poses that are made to look cheeky instead of powerful. My wallet keeps being happy, but the Catwoman-centric collector in me gets so disappointed in what could have been if a teenage boy wasn't designing these.

So sad - at least I have the Tweeterhead sculpture, which is just gorgeous and is accurate on almost every level, particularly the stance. I think I'm going to have to (as much as it pains me) skip on the Newmar one coming as well - again, the Tweeterhead statue is so good - and even just seeing the preview pic I can tell the face is off and the costume is as well - the seams are all wrong, etc.

I'm not picky, really - I swear - I am usually satisfied, but they did the one thing I feared most on BR Catwoman (sexed her up) and the Julie one just looks like it's going for interpretation instead of accuracy.

Had a real close look at the costume I think the costume is sculpted which is great so it must be the "claws" and whip for mixed media

Had a real close look at the costume I think the costume is sculpted which is great so it must be the "claws" and whip for mixed media

I'd say that at least the boots are "mixed media", as well. If you look at the bodice close-up shot (#11?) it looks like the corset is a separate piece, will be curious to know how much is really polystone and not.

I'm pretty gutted by this reveal. My favorite incarnation of my favorite character - and they had to do some stupid non-film pin-up pose. I knew as soon as I saw the preview pic (holding the whip - backwards!) and to see it snaking all over her like that is just ridiculous. Presuming that the whip is removable, it still looks stupid. With all the awesome stances she did in the film, they didn't need to try to artificially sex her up like this.

Utterly disappointed. The face sculpt isn't great either - but I could have forgiven that if they hadn't put her in such a stupid pose (and if you watch how she moved in the film, she never crossed her legs like that walking - she couldn't, in that outfit). So much of it is great - the battle damaged outfit, just gorgeous - but really, no way I am going to spend this kind of dough when the first thing I think of when I look at her is "that's an imposter playing Catwoman". FWIW, this is also the reason I have skipped the last two Catwoman PF statues - just stupid, unrealistic poses that are made to look cheeky instead of powerful. My wallet keeps being happy, but the Catwoman-centric collector in me gets so disappointed in what could have been if a teenage boy wasn't designing these.

So sad - at least I have the Tweeterhead sculpture, which is just gorgeous and is accurate on almost every level, particularly the stance. I think I'm going to have to (as much as it pains me) skip on the Newmar one coming as well - again, the Tweeterhead statue is so good - and even just seeing the preview pic I can tell the face is off and the costume is as well - the seams are all wrong, etc.

I'm not picky, really - I swear - I am usually satisfied, but they did the one thing I feared most on BR Catwoman (sexed her up) and the Julie one just looks like it's going for interpretation instead of accuracy.

I share your preference of the Tweeterhead piece, although I don't mind SS going for interpretation over accuracy if that's intentional on their part (which I doubt). There's enough Batman merch on the market that I like the various pieces taking different stylistic directions, such as the recent Yvonne Craig statues by Trevor Grove for Tweeterhead and Clayburn Moore for Diamond Select. I don't particularly like what we've seen of the SS Newmar Catwoman either, but iffy likeness on their interminably delayed Winter Soldier Captain America doesn't bother me, as I think they got the attitude right.

Does anyone think that this will sell out? And also when exactly will they release the numbers on how many will be made?

Yes, it will sell out. Numbers will be released EXACTLY on May 26, 2016, at 2:51 PM EST.

I wish it were inversed, Id have have it displayed on the left hand side

The suit looks all-sculpted to me. I hope Sideshow Alex can drop by this thread and confirm? While I understand some collectors' penchant for mixex media, black leather look is something that their sculptors and painters can achieve sans fabric. I just want a Pfeiffer Catwoman that I can display for decades with peace of mind :)

dc-comics-catwoman-&-batman-tongue-lashing-art-print-500200-06.jpg

Back