Cat #8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet people still wonder why so many people have left this forum to find someplace where there is at least a semblance of maturity.

If you don't like the thread then why contribute to it? There are plenty 'What are your favourite three ...' threads to browse.

But in all fairness CCT, the title wouldn't lend itself to portray what the thread has become. Sometimes a random flame-war just begins, let the bystander beware! :lol

Re: re

I have much more respect and admiration for people with real talent like the sculptors and craftsmen at Sideshow than most of the "so-called" stars of movies and TV, and would thus have probably gotten autographs myself. If you guys think that is childish or immature, well then, you should check your own behavior first. I usually stay out of these threads because I have found that if you just ignore them, most of the children will find better things to do, but I am really surprised and shocked that several of you can't let people collect or enjoy the things they like without throwing insults around or trying to degrade them. Please leave and go play in a sandbox where you will be appreciated! >:

Re: re

Haven't been a member for very long...but.......starting.........to.......see........trend. I believe the bystanders are the ones eating at the card table in the living room, while the adults are the ones having conversations at the dinner table in the dining room.:banana :dance :rollin

If you don't like the thread then why contribute to it? There are plenty 'What are your favourite three ...' threads to browse.
Perhaps because the tone the thread has taken, thanks in large part to you, is indicative of the decline in overall quality of this forum, and I believe that such things need to be acknowledged.

I have much more respect and admiration for people with real talent like the sculptors and craftsmen at Sideshow than most of the "so-called" stars of movies and TV, and would thus have probably gotten autographs myself. If you guys think that is childish or immature,

They clearly do have a lot of talent. There is no doubt about that whatsoever. I couldn't do what they do in a million years. It is a different skill to acting which, again, I would not be any good at.

However, getting their autograph is something that I would not even consider. Having a joke is nothing sinister and, for me, it breaks up the monotony.

Perhaps because the tone the thread has taken, thanks in large part to you, is indicative of the decline in overall quality of this forum, and I believe that such things need to be acknowledged.

That is your opinion and mine is obviously different. There is no obligation to read or contribute to a thread. I find some of the other threads unappealing so I may read them and then not contribute. What makes your opinion more valid than mine?

Admittedly, as pointed out above, the title of the thread would lead some to read it but then why not just move to another thread afterwards?

I would find nothing in here offensive. I laugh at the jokes and see them for exactly that - jokes.

That is your opinion and mine is obviously different. There is no obligation to read or contribute to a thread. I find some of the other threads unappealing so I may read them and then not contribute. What makes your opinion more valid than mine?

Of course your opinion is going to differ. Since you are responsible for much of the muck we all have to wade through, you will naturally want to defend your actions, however irresponsible they may be.

What makes my opinion more valid than yours is that mine is based on a desire to have mutual respect shown in this type of forum, where yours is based in the childish pleasure you derive from hurling insults at others.

Since you are responsible for much of the muck we all have to wade through, you will naturally want to defend your actions, however irresponsible they may be.

And what is your contribution? Narrow-mindedness as pointed out below.

What makes my opinion more valid than yours is that mine is based on a desire to have mutual respect shown in this type of forum, where yours is based in the childish pleasure you derive from hurling insults at others.

I have to bow to your more valid opinion. I bet you're a real hoot at a party. Just because you have aged before your years doesn't mean that I have to behave as if I am a grave-dodger. Humour is what keeps some of us young. You may not find it funny but I do. What you find interesting, I would probably find boring.

The fact that you consider your opinion to be more valid than mine (they are equally valid) just goes to show the kind of individual that you are.

Re: Latest!!

More breaking news…………………………………

It has now emerged that there has been a split within the radical faction known as “The Sideshow Three” Reports indicate that Bert and Bill are reconsidering their very generous offer.

The “Sideshow Two” as they wish to be known issued the following statement

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “We the undersigned, do hereby and hereunder declare that We (Bert and Bill) do Henceforth and Herewith withdraw the very generous offer ‘wot we previously made in regard to the signing of Sideshow catalogues.

It has been brought to our attention that members of a certain collecting community (which we cannot name for security reasons) are heaping scorn and abuse on our very generous offer. As sensitive, thoughtful human beings, we have regrettably decided that if the said collectors do not appreciate the generous offer we have made, they can get knotted!!!!”

Fred was unavailable for comment.

Message ends

Golly!!!

And what is your contribution? Narrow-mindedness as pointed out below.
If your goal here was to insult me, you'll have to try much harder.

I have to bow to your more valid opinion. I bet you're a real hoot at a party. Just because you have aged before your years doesn't mean that I have to behave as if I am a grave-dodger. Humour is what keeps some of us young. You may not find it funny but I do. What you find interesting, I would probably find boring.
Again, you don't understand. I have nothing against humor. I even think it is great when we occasionallly poke fun at one another. We should all have thick enough skins to be able to deal with that, as long as it is done in the spirit of friendship.

However, where we differ is that I recognize that there is a line you can cross where the jibes cease to be funny (or even fun), and they become something else. From my observataions of you here, you either can't or won't recognize that line, and you continually cross it.

So, if what you find funny is deliberately hurting others' feelings, then you are quite right. We don't find the same things funny.

So, if what you find funny is deliberately hurting others' feelings, then you are quite right. We don't find the same things funny.

Clearly that would not be my intentions and that would not be funny. There is a line that should not be crossed and maybe I'm not too good at judging where that line actually is.

I try to add humour where I see fit as reading some posts just lend themselves to certain comments. None of my comments are meant to be malicious. Some may cut a bit close to the bone. That is bound to happen as one person's threshold will differ from the next.

In summary, I post where I see fit and have no qualms about poking a bit of fun at people who need to take it for face-value. There are far more important things to worry about than a couple of comments made by someone at the other end of a wire.

If some crap written on a message board by someone on another continent 'hurts peoples feelings' then they have some major issues.

CCT, it seems I was too harsh and hasty in my judgement. If what you say is true, then I was wrong, and I apologize. But I would ask you to at least consider one thing. When you make a jibe at someone, if they respond in anger, consider whether you think they will still find it funny if you continue. Chances are they won't.

If some crap written on a message board by someone on another continent 'hurts peoples feelings' then they have some major issues.
Perhaps, but does that justify the belittling comments in this thread about some peoples' choices of whose talents to recognize and reward with an autograph request?

When you make a jibe at someone, if they respond in anger, consider whether you think they will still find it funny if you continue. Chances are they won't.

Fair enough. Looking through my posts in this thread, I cannot see at which point (presumably) Josh was profoundly irritated by comments. Were they really that cutting? I honestly don't think so.

Re: Fred Speaks

We now have word from Fred………………………………………..

“I’ve been following this debate closely, and I wanna have my say now. It seems that some people believe that it’s belittling signing autographs fer a small consideration. Well, I got a message for them,

If you wants yer catalog signed, COUGH UP!!! I’m not proud. Bert an’ Bill can go boil their heads”

At this point, the press conference ended, as Fred was deluged by three autograph hunters waving pens, catalogs, and more importantly…………………………..MONEY!!!!!

Golly, wot will happen next???? :dunno :dunno :dunno

Back