Casa Del Bergholtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, nice set up man. Also Andy this is kind of a funny question but what type of paint did you use for the rooms. Latex? Thanks!

hey andy, do you sand/drill/saw that close to your computer with no issues of dust/debris floating and getting into your computer's vents?

just askin cause I'm having those worries with having my sculpting area so close to my own comp.

Thanks again y'all!

Rugby-- Hughes is the greatest. :) I did get the pleasure of working on one of the Sideshow/Hughes pieces, it was a lot of fun.

Deke-- I used flat interior latex for the walls, flat enamel for the doors.

occulum-- I haven't had a problem with dust yet (besides cosmetically). But sanding/sawing/drilling makes up a very small percentage of my typical work routine. If I used that equipment more often I'm sure it could easily be an issue.

Sideshow Andy said:
"Fan" is a gross understatment my friend. I live, eat, breath, sleep all things Haunted Mansion and Pirates/Caribbean (except the film version of the former, yuck). I have a giant framed print of the Haunted Mansion attraction poster in my studio too, although I didn't photograph it. If I ever win the lottery I'm hiring some Disney Imagineers to come decorate my house to look like the inside of the Haunted Mansion. :) I've got to look that ringtone up, I've got that song in mp3 but I didn't know it was available as a ringtone. Very cool. Have fun at the park, I wish I was going! Give my best to the 999. ;)

I have the thrill of showing my 7 year old son the Haunted Mansion for the first time this next November. I know he is going to love it. It's during the time when the ride gets the Nightmare Before Christmas overhaul.

Have you seen the ride during the holiday season and are you a fan of this refit? I know some die-hard fans of the classic ride are not.

Protozaius-- That's going to be a blast! I can't wait till my kids are old enough to enjoy that ride. I haven't actually been on the ride during it's holiday NBC run, but I've seen pics and video of it. I think it's cool as a novelty, but I much prefer the original state of the ride personally. Still, I'm excited to check out the NBC version just once (I'm going again in November, like yourself). Incidentally, I've heard that this is the last year they are doing the NBC thing during the holidays.

JimmyJames--- Nope, my Logan is the standard production version.

stupid question:

do you purchase your own creations from companies like Sideshow??? the final production I mean. Or, do they give it to you for free because of your awesome kick @$$ job? :monkey1 I mean, if it wasn't for you, the figures wouldn't be selling :D

TOE said:
...if it wasn't for you, the figures wouldn't be selling :D

Well I think you're over-estimating me just a bit. :)

To answer your question, I do get some comps of each piece I work on. Sideshow is a fantastic company to work for in every aspect, and their policy on sculptor samples is no exception.

As others have stated, very nice setup Andy!!! I like your taste in collectibles; I see you have the CineArt busts of Frank and the Phantom!

Now, what is the "witch-like" figure beneath Napoleon and to the left of the Predator bust???

lcummins said:
As others have stated, very nice setup Andy!!! I like your taste in collectibles; I see you have the CineArt busts of Frank and the Phantom!

Now, what is the "witch-like" figure beneath Napoleon and to the left of the Predator bust???

Thank you sir!

Those CineArt busts are awesome, couldn't pass 'em up!

The witch is just a custom figure I made for myself. She's got black feathery wings behind her which don't really show up in the pics. Nothing special, but I like her. :)

You have no idea how much I wish I had that luxury!

Here are some closer shots of the Witch, lcummins.... She's kinda rough and artsy-fartsy (and I did all the clothing myself too, woo hoo!). But I'm especially fond of her.

Witch%201.jpg

Witch%202.jpg

Sideshow Andy said:
...Here are some closer shots of the Witch, lcummins.... She's kinda rough and artsy-fartsy (and I did all the clothing myself too, woo hoo!). But I'm especially fond of her...

Hey it's Baba Yaga. Nice job! :bow

Muchas gracias!

Fritz, that's funny.... I actually nicknamed her 'Baba' based on that old Russian folklore. :)

Sideshow should come up with an "Artist Series" line that doesn't come from a specific license, but just allows the artists to do their own thing and sculpt their own original ideas. I think that there are enough fans to make something like that a success.

Sideshow Andy said:
You have no idea how much I wish I had that luxury!

Here are some closer shots of the Witch, lcummins.... She's kinda rough and artsy-fartsy (and I did all the clothing myself too, woo hoo!). But I'm especially fond of her.

Witch%202.jpg

Andy, that is an amazing sclupt! I love the eyes! And those hands! Now that would be really creepy hanging around a room! Excellent job on the clothing too... Greg better watch out! :rotfl

Back