Casa Del Bergholtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collector Freak said:
Great pics! What's the name of the paint color you used?

Thanks! I think it's called Blue Zephyr, by Olympic. It looks awesome in person.... Very muted, but creamy and rich at the same time. How's that for a hi-falootin' testimonial?

Sideshow Andy said:
I've got to look that ringtone up, I've got that song in mp3 but I didn't know it was available as a ringtone. Very cool.

Yep a big Mansion and Pirates fan myself, girlfriend just got me some musical snowglobes of the rides off ebay. Have you been on the Pirates ride since they've added Jack Sparrow and Barbossa yet? Actually I found a website where you can upload any MP3 you have on your computer and edit it up to a minute as a ringtone. I'm sure if you did a search for it you'd find it through dogpile or PM and I'll get the link to you. I'd been looking for the Haunted mansion theme for a while but couldn't find it, so I decided to make it myself. I went with the actual song instead of the "When hinges creak in doorless chambers..." preamble.

I always loved that Edgar figure sculpt from Men in Black, definately one of the most accurate and disgusting (in a good way) finished kits I've ever seen. I went to college for art and got big into painting garage kits for a while, actually how I learned to make and blend flesh tones for portraits.
The rooms set up great, not too crowded and enough room to get a good look at all the goodies displayed. I think I might have to add another room to the house for all my stuff.

I haven't been to the park since they re-vamped the Pirates ride, but I'm dying to see it. Last time I was at the park the ride was closed (while they were adding the new elements), I was quite bummed. I do have a video file of the ride since the changes though, I think you can find the link on the forums at www.tellnotales.com. The changes are actually kinda cool... There's an extremely cool effect where Davy Jones' image appears in a layer of mist as you travel through it.... Looks awesome.

You should post pics of the snowglobes you just got, I'd love to see 'em.

Thanks for the tips on the ringtones by the way!

Nice setup Andy! It must be fantastic to be surrounded by so much wonderful work that you contributed to. I love the color scheme and the creepy haunted mansion style.

:D

beautiful Andy, Love how youve incorportated the 12" and PFs, your statues everything!
I've always wanted to see an artists/sculptors collection of theyre and others work.

Oh and I still want that Batman bust!!!:lol :rolleyes:

That video was great! The part at the end with Depp standing next to the animatronic Jack is hilarious. :)

Thanks for posting that Nick! I love that video, and the best part is as Andy said..... Depp standing next to Capt Jack, just being astonished and mystified at this anamatronic version of himself... Great stuff :lol

Beautiful, Andy. I'm dying for a closeup of that rack of 1:6 heads. And, by the way, your website tutorial on the making of Al Swearengen is terrific.

Oh, one last thing: you did a very nice job of cleaning your desk up for the photos. Now what does it really looks like on an average day?

Love the HS cubicle shelf Andy, just cracked me up! (all those little heads!) Are you a Tribal chief as well? :lol

Would love to see a closer shot of it!

Andy, are you the one who sculpted Neca's 18'' jack Sparrow ???

Also Andy, could you take a pic of your Hulk side-by-side with the Predator Maquette for size comparaison.Thanks.

Shai, no I didn't sculpt the Jack Sparrow, that was Dave Cortez I believe. I'll try to put the Hulk next to the Predator soon and take some pics.

I'll definitely take some updates shots soon once I get the rest of my 'toys' unpacked, etc. I'll also snap a closer shot of that shelf-o-heads for you guys. :)

Sideshow Andy said:
Shai, no I didn't sculpt the Jack Sparrow, that was Dave Cortez I believe. I'll try to put the Hulk next to the Predator soon and take some pics.

I'll definitely take some updates shots soon once I get the rest of my 'toys' unpacked, etc. I'll also snap a closer shot of that shelf-o-heads for you guys. :)

And not forgetting an uncensored view of your projects in progress!:D

Ok....that was worth a try!:lol

I like your room Andy, I'm also a huge Haunted Mansion/Pirates fan. So much in fact that the wife and I are moving to Orlando next year. Maybe we should start a club ;)

I used to work at Disney world and I would go ride either the haunted mansion or pirates of the carribean every day on my lunch break. I think I hit 27 days in a row on pirates. Those really are the two best rides there.

Is that the Hellboy PF I saw. It looked a little different. I thought maybe it was one of the 18" comic book figures I've been thinking about getting.

Rocktonix said:
I used to work at Disney world and I would go ride either the haunted mansion or pirates of the carribean every day on my lunch break. I think I hit 27 days in a row on pirates. Those really are the two best rides there.

Is that the Hellboy PF I saw. It looked a little different. I thought maybe it was one of the 18" comic book figures I've been thinking about getting.

Wow, I'm insanely jealous. I'd probably do the same thing if I worked there though. :)

The Hellboy is the 18" comic version from Mezco. It's very cool!

NSFolsom said:
If you like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, you should like this, Andy... https://youtube.com/watch?v=bTQ5eWBlApY

THe part with the projected Davey Jones, that is where I got stuck due to the ride's malfunction. Literally, under the mist maker. :lol It was great time though. Once in a life time experience.

...oh and Andy, you need to get your camera fixed. I'm seeing a lot of pixelated areas around some of the pictures. Just FYI :)

Great pics, Andy. Great to get a peak at your office/studio! I love get a peak at all the 'in progress' stuff.

I was siked to see you collection of Adam Hughes prints... are you going to be working on any of the pieces sideshow if putting together?

I have the Zatanna and the 'busted' Catwoman and am saving up the get the framed.

Back