Cars diecasts questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I looked around the forum for a bit to see if there was already a thread about this, but I didn't find any.

I have casually collected the Cars diecasts since the first film came out. Recently, though, I've been wanting to get more and more into it. Perhaps it is because I work at the Disney Store now, and love seeing all the different characters we sell.

I'm finding myself at a crossroads, though. You see, I have about ten of the 1:55 scale Cars; the ones that are roughly the size of Hot Wheels. I have two of the slightly larger diecasts, which I believe are 1:43 scale. Now, if I'm honest, I like the larger ones better, and would love to extend my collection of them. But I'm finding it hard to even find many characters in that scale. My main question is, do these scale of Cars have an actual series name? I'm wondering if I should just continue to expand my smaller scale collection, even though I like the bigger ones better. Pretty much all we sell at my location in the larger scale are the race cars from the second film. But I'm much more interested in collecting the residents of Radiator Springs in 1:43 scale. Can anybody help me out? Are the 1:43 cars just not as common and extensive?

Also, a second question. I'm trying to find a Mack truck, the kind that can open up and store cars inside him. I KNOW that about three years ago, there was one being sold that had compartments big enough to store the larger Cars (1:43). However, I'm searching endlessly online and ALL I can find are various Macks that have compartments only big enough for the 1:55 cars. Does anyone know where I could find the Mack I'm after online? I keep checking eBay, but again, all I am finding are Macks that wouldn't be able to hold the bigger cars. The reason I'm after this particular kind is because I figure it'll give me the option to store either scale; whereas if I get one that can only hold the smaller ones, well, I'm a bit limited, aren't I?

Back