Carrie Fisher had a massive heart attack today....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 10 minute thing is all based on accounts from passengers on the plan. No medical staff has repeated or confirmed this. We do have reports from the hospital and family that she was moved from the OR to ICU. That likely means she remains in critical but stable condition. She may yet pull though this. *prayers*.

I'm praying for a miracle for her family. It will be a sad day for all if we loose her. I've always loved her mind & her very quick & sharp wit. She always cracked me up whenever she did interviews. I've never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I hope she pulls through, & that one day I might.

I work in emergency response and cases like these are never good unfortunately. If she really wasnt breathing that long..... another thing is stable doesnt really mean ok. Just means you arent getting worse. Shes not breathing on her own right now with the vent. Another thing thats well, bad. Hoping for the best here but this isnt good. And before i get slammed here i hope i am really really wrong.

If she in fact stopped breathing for ten minutes, i would not hold out much hope. Even if she does pull through medically, anoxic and hypoxic brain injuries are devastating. Horrible to say but if she truly did suffer that, better to not wake up. Sorry to sound grim.

I hope the best for her and her family.

I work in emergency response and cases like these are never good unfortunately. If she really wasnt breathing that long..... another thing is stable doesnt really mean ok. Just means you arent getting worse. Shes not breathing on her own right now with the vent. Another thing thats well, bad. Hoping for the best here but this isnt good. And before i get slammed here i hope i am really really wrong.

Thanks for your POV. yeah, let's hope it's not as bad as we've heard, but it sounds bad. and she's only 60. Damn

Will be very sad indeed if she doesn't pull through. One of my favorite SW characters and biggest childhood celebrity crushes along with alyssa milano. Hope you get well Carrie!

Thanks for your POV. yeah, let's hope it's not as bad as we've heard, but it sounds bad. and she's only 60. Damn

Only 60, but for someone with the life style she had we are lucky we have had her this long. Her making it out of the 80s was a miracle. She partied really really hard. But shes really tough, so hopefully she can get through this too.

Will be very sad indeed if she doesn't pull through. One of my favorite SW characters and biggest childhood celebrity crushes along with alyssa milano. Hope you get well Carrie!

Her being such a huge part of our child hood is what makes it such a blow. Feels as close to family as a celebrity can get. Even more then Robin williams.

Only 60, but for someone with the life style she had we are lucky we have had her this long. Her making it out of the 80s was a miracle. She partied really really hard. But shes really tough, so hopefully she can get through this too.

Well said.

Her being such a huge part of our child hood is what makes it such a blow. Feels as close to family as a celebrity can get. Even more then Robin williams.

This.

She's so popular that we have 2 threads about this subject lol.

Yeah, the lifestyle aspect of her age is the first thing I thought of when I heard the news....

Yeah, the lifestyle aspect of her age is the first thing I thought of when I heard the news....

Yep cocaine is really harsh on your ticker. One of my favorite college professors was open about having beaten a bad coke habit in the late 70s/early 80s. I found out he died of a heart attack a couple years after he passed.

Yep cocaine is really harsh on your ticker. One of my favorite college professors was open about having beaten a bad coke habit in the late 70s/early 80s. I found out he died of a heart attack a couple years after he passed.

Not surprised at all. That drug is a serious *****. I was hoping for Ms Fisher that her recent weight loss was going to help prolong her life by another 10 years..........

If she in fact stopped breathing for ten minutes, i would not hold out much hope. Even if she does pull through medically, anoxic and hypoxic brain injuries are devastating. Horrible to say but if she truly did suffer that, better to not wake up. Sorry to sound grim.

I hope the best for her and her family.

Even worse is that now they're saying EMTs worked on her for 15 minutes before getting a pulse.

Damn 2016. :mad:

Back