Statue Carnotaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone have limited budget like me, maybe just wait until we see all the new dinos (new kind or repaint) in this year, then make a final choose among them only for what I really really like. But I do hope to see someone who can buy 'ALL items' and share the photos...that will be a very powerful big display!!

If someone have limited budget like me, maybe just wait until we see all the new dinos (new kind or repaint) in this year, then make a final choose among them only for what I really really like. But I do hope to see someone who can buy 'ALL items' and share the photos...that will be a very powerful big display!!

I resisted buying any of them because I knew I would go broke trying to get them all. I can't afford very many either. Luckily the new ones should ship around tax time. The only others I think I would want besides the two I just pre-ordered are a T-Rex redo, a Triceritops redo, and a Velociraptor.

Tap'd from my LG G2

You are a well-self control guy. We can wait those three (t-Rex, tricer, and velo) to come out, they are real new-born Dinos! But it may takes a very long time to get them because so many repaints who pretend to be new block between the schedules.

One thing I noticed for the new repaint editions are there are no exclusives like the originals? Why is that?
I really like both of them better than the originals but just cant get into that line due to money, they are very very cool tho!

It's not just a repaint, the base is actually different

4eddca0f-46a8-4963-9708-15fb4537ee41.jpg

200163_press08.jpg

Horror of horrors, I chipped my original today, the one I paid over 600 bucks for on eBay, FRAK! I was moving it cos some friends are staying over and they have little kids who I could just see smashing it up and what do you know, I knocked his front teeth out when it touched a glass, fraketty frak frak frak, I suppose I could fix it, by molding little new ones though it's tricky, I ain't set up to work on these things. I'm half tempted to now replace him with the new guy, cos 279 with a 25 buck discount I have ain't bad, though I feel like a dummy buying the same thing twice, hmm, what to do. I do prefer the original paint job but I get so irked by chips.

You are a well-self control guy. We can wait those three (t-Rex, tricer, and velo) to come out, they are real new-born Dinos! But it may takes a very long time to get them because so many repaints who pretend to be new block between the schedules.

The longer it takes the more time to save for them. :joy

It's not just a repaint, the base is actually different

4eddca0f-46a8-4963-9708-15fb4537ee41.jpg

200163_press08.jpg

Horror of horrors, I chipped my original today, the one I paid over 600 bucks for on eBay, FRAK! I was moving it cos some friends are staying over and they have little kids who I could just see smashing it up and what do you know, I knocked his front teeth out when it touched a glass, fraketty frak frak frak, I suppose I could fix it, by molding little new ones though it's tricky, I ain't set up to work on these things. I'm half tempted to now replace him with the new guy, cos 279 with a 25 buck discount I have ain't bad, though I feel like a dummy buying the same thing twice, hmm, what to do. I do prefer the original paint job but I get so irked by

Sorry for the teeth, you can buy new one under your good discount condition, but in my opinion, the original is still the original even you decide to buy new carno, may I say ...it's 'just' teeth? I mean, I believe you could well fix the part and when they get improved... It won't affect the whole look it used to be, still under a good condition, right? You could buy new one because you need it and like it but please not because you lost small part of the original, you don't have to do that if it can still be fixed and nearly be back to the way it was. That's just my personal suggestion hope it makes some little help.

I'm surprised no one has posted any pics of the repaint of this one yet. I don't know what other people are finding with it, but the paint app on mine is so poor that I've requested a return on it. You can see from the pics that on the left side of the dinosaur there's a pattern of mottling and some gradation from the light belly to the darker back, as indicated in the prototype. On the right side however, there's just a solid, thick black line instead of the patterning on the left. It looks like it was applied with a sharpie. Not to mention that the camo stripes look very crude too. I'd expect that on a $20 plastic toy, not a $300 piece. Very disappointing all round, and tbh it's really thrown my confidence in this line of repaints.

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Sadly, I agree, the paint job is horrible! I own the original, & was not impressed with this new color pattern for carno, but this rendition is so amateurish, it boggles the mind. Sideshow WTF were/are you thinking???!!! I actually thought SS new paint patterns were, overall, an improvement, especially with Allo vs Camara dio, Spino, Apato, Styraco. BUT, WTF is the point if SS is going to churn out this type of garbage???!!!

Most dino fans were relieved that this line got another shot in the arm, giving us hope for future releases. Now, with results like this(?), any order from this line becomes a nerve racking wait & see scenario. What a sad, sad continued reality for Sideshow, & all their loyal customers.

P.S. If they somehow screw-up the new Rex release, then it's game over.

holly jesus, my heart sank when I saw these pics, that paint job is beyond bad, how can anyone working there let this go out, it is especially bad around the mouth, looks like cheap hooker makeup, I've got a few of these on order and now I'm worried about the paint apps, grrrr

This is unsettling as someone who hasn't even received one of these statues. I'm paying off the Allo statue and waiting for my T-Rex to drop, but the Carno was my next buy since I actually like the red more than the original. I had plans to also get the Mosasaur, Spino, and maybe even the Triceratops and Steggy if I had the money, but... wow.

I knew these statues would look worse in person than the promo pics, but that's pretty damn terrifying. I'm really reconsidering getting into this line.

I wrote to sideshow to ask explanations warning that I would not have taken in those conditions . We have to write all...incredible:cuckoo:

Direct flash photography can ruin the looks of any statue, no matter how good the paint job is. I'll hold my conclusions until we have more photos available. And preferably photos taken without flash.

This just arrived and bad news, the paint on my Carno is terrible as well. I double dipped on this one cause I loved the color scheme, but the paintwork is awful. It looks like they barely spent a minute spraying on the stripes. Too bad too, cause I really dig the red/orange color. Definitely sending it back, and it looks like the Carnotaurus is just one to avoid. Pics:

0223151308a (1600x900).jpg

0223151312b (1600x900).jpg

I must not be seeing what you are seeing, because the paint in those photos looks pretty good to me. Any chance you could point out the problem areas?

This just arrived and bad news, the paint on my Carno is terrible as well. I double dipped on this one cause I loved the color scheme, but the paintwork is awful. It looks like they barely spent a minute spraying on the stripes. Too bad too, cause I really dig the red/orange color. Definitely sending it back, and it looks like the Carnotaurus is just one to avoid. Pics:

View attachment 168704

View attachment 168705

Very sad to hear, regarding the amateurish paint apps, though your statue does seem way better than the previous collector's pic posts. Can't believe SS would allow factories to screw this up! Instead of a perceived improvements for this wonderful line, the dreaded QC issues rear their ugly heads, again, but this time, even worse paint apps, & way more expensive to boot. Go ****ing figure!!!???:slap:cuckoo: Who ever is in charge of looking after this line has screwed up big time, virtually killing this relaunch project.

It took 200 million years for dinosaurs to become extinct, Sideshow has managed to do so in a mere 5 years! Rest in peace dinosauria, & shame on you Sideshow.

Back