Statue Carnotaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow...pee yew. Glad I came here first to check the pics. Was thinking of picking this up as my first dino.
SS dropped the ball on this one.

It seams that every piece of repainted dinosauria has at last a good paint except carno, any news about it? any new pictures?

This was going to be my third statue (After the T Rex and Allo vs Camara) but it looks like it'll be second to last. Right in front of the syracus thing. I love the color scheme and this would've been great to have but seriously... I got into this line so I could have things with great paint jobs despite not having joints. Way to **** up sideshow.

Only the second statue I've owned from Sideshow after the Mosasaurus (got the Deinosuchus on the way as of an hour ago!) but I was relatively happy with the paint job until I compared it to the official site. I'm still happy with the statue in general, think it looks great and the colours are fantastic, but it is a little disappointing. Attaching some pics.

Carno 1.jpg
Carno 2.jpg
Carno 3.jpg
Carno 4.jpg
Carno 5.jpg

I think it looks pretty nice. If I didn't have the original, I'd be tempted to pick it up. After all, the Carnotaurus is my favorite dinosaur.

Only the second statue I've owned from Sideshow after the Mosasaurus (got the Deinosuchus on the way as of an hour ago!) but I was relatively happy with the paint job until I compared it to the official site. I'm still happy with the statue in general, think it looks great and the colours are fantastic, but it is a little disappointing. Attaching some pics.

View attachment 191491
View attachment 191492
View attachment 191493
View attachment 191494
View attachment 191495

The more I see it the more I feel its not as bad as some seem to feel, certainly not like the prototype but nothing a little weathering couldn't fix, it's really not that bad imo but still a let down on sideshow's part, I would expect better. I've just bought one so I'll see what mines like when it arrives

Last edited:
Arrived and tbh it's a wonderful sculpture, there's not a lot wrong with the paintwork either except they haven't weathered it all so it looks too clean so I'll be doing that and that should improve it a lot.
Next to rebors utahraptor013.jpg
003.jpg

Poor paint job or not, the Carnotaurus sculpt is IMHO still the best in terms of detail. I'm so glad I own one. Great pics Petebuster! And great set up! :clap It's all about lighting!

Super quality Carnotaurus statue but undeserved painting. With professional painting touch, you will get the best Carnotaurus in the market.

Has everyone died?:thud:

No, we are not dead, but rapidly going extinct, so it seems.:dunno

Back to Carno, of which I own the original, yes it is a beautiful sculpt, with good detail, & a wonderful action pose. As some have already mentioned, paint apps are the main drawback with this line, as they never seem to match the prototype paint apps. That, along with sky rocketing pricing, has really pushed this line to the edge, & I feel the worst for the near future, so collect what you like while available.:wave

P.S. I was just wondering (hoping) what type of quality dinosaurs we would receive if say a company like XM Studios would launch their own line? Answer? MIND BLOWING!

At last :rotfl yes even with the Triceratops the colours changed though still good. Ceratosaurus but nothing else in the pipeline I know of and plenty of the current ones available so they don't seem as popular as they once were, another line from somewhere else would be great though Rebor are doing some pretty good stuff, we will see if there's any future in the dinosauria line but I think sideshow will need to improve their final product, I'm happy with mine they take pride of place, I may do some paintwork to the Carnotaurus, just not sure the best way to do it.

Why are the teeth so flat? did the carno evolve from a herbivore or something or is it just the sculpt? They've done sharp teeth before haven't they? But the name starting with carno doesn't seem like it would be a previous herb ><

Back