Carbon Freezing Chamber Diorama, the most requested diorama this year!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Articulated claw! So excited!
eee38cc28814095a3e56157310810961.jpg

Articulated claw! So excited!
eee38cc28814095a3e56157310810961.jpg

It looks amazing Joost! I can't stress enough how impressed I am by the quality and thought that goes into the stuff you make! It simply amazes me that someone in their spare time is taking on these projects and making them available at a fair price! When I was a kid in the early 80s toting around a Star Wars lunchbox I never imagined I would one day own stuff this cool, bravo! :clap

It looks amazing Joost! I can't stress enough how impressed I am by the quality and thought that goes into the stuff you make! It simply amazes me that someone in their spare time is taking on these projects and making them available at a fair price! When I was a kid in the early 80s toting around a Star Wars lunchbox I never imagined I would one day own stuff this cool, bravo! :clap

Thank you!! So nice of you to notice! Due to the limited time and money and budget making a good and feasible prototype can take months especially because with these very low volumes it is hard to make any quantities of scale work. I really appreciate when people see that.

Wow! I’m amazed at the work being done here...and the fact it’s done in metal is too much for me to process. Amazing work on this, once again, Joost. Hats off.

Light up ceiling test for the 1/6 carbon freezing chamber and testing background graphics
dce68f56f7a97a0ae3ffecb96f9069f4.jpg

9cd2715530ad6c886e1c0a897abea536.jpg

The paint app on this is very well done. This is just too much to believe...I can’t believe you can buy his and own it. Amazing work of art.

An amazing achievement.:clap

Can you place a couple of stormtroopers or other figs on the deck around the block?

Thanks! Yes!

Can you post a couple of pics with a couple of stormies (and Vader/Chewy if they are handy) standing on the grate around the carbonite block?

Would love to imagine how this would look with most of the main seven characters from the scene (Lando, a stormie, Vader, Fett, Lando, Chewy and upcoming Hoth Leia) in place around the block/tongs. Seven might be too many, but would be cool to see how many would look about right for display.

You could even get a bit of stretched cotton wool to suggest steam in places - would look cool with the lights on.

Joost, do you think you can add a smoke generator to the set? https://www.traintekllc.com/smoke-units/
Also, will there be an ultimate size of this and if so, what are the specs?
Thx and looks GREAT!

While smoke effects would definitely be cool, I don’t think it’d be a good idea to have for a display of this nature.

Model railroad moke generators burn oil (mineral, paraffin, etc.)

I don’t think you’d want something burning next to your very expensive figures. Plus smoke is smoke. Smell and residue are going to get on the figures, too.

Oh and great diorama as always!

Back