Captain Hook PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should start a Robin Hood petition. :lol It worked for Indy....

Can't we start with a Beauty and the Beast petition first...

And yes, I know, much the same fur issue, tho with the Beast, I would expect a mostly clothed version, so really only the head that needs to be sculpted.

Plus, you got to remember we are talking animated characters here, so unlike a real fur Chewie, it would be a somewhat more stylised version of fur to match the movie. Would still be tricky to get exactly right, both from a sculpt and paint point of view, but I'd think still way more doable then Chewie.

I agree that with them being animated the sculpt will look completely natural. I don't see any need to make any of them furry.

We should start a Robin Hood petition. :lol It worked for Indy....

We're up to three votes so far! :lol

I want Robin Hood to be sculpted. Fur would look weird.

I agree. I'd rather had Robin Hood's fur sculpted...unless done extremely well, real fur would look weird.

I think anytime you have short fur it's going to look better sculpted (and that comes from Mr. Mixed Media himself) especially for an animated character.

The Beast's mane might be questionable as being better sculpted but I really can't think of a Disney character that I'd like to seem them try real fur,

Yeah I think they'd be just fine sculpting everything. Simba or Scar are two that come to mind that would probably look awesome with a real mane. But I think that would create alot of difficulties in getting it to look good with a sculpted face as well as making it look like the mane in the movie.

Sabretooth looks pretty good with sculpted fur.

sabretooth_premium1.jpg

When will we see a "good guy" from the animated films in P.F. ?

That said, this is still a very cool announcement. Awesome character.

I *think* (but don't quote me on this - ha) that the animated character Premium Formats are all intended to be villains... at least based on what was said toward the end of the Disney section of our 2009 Comic-Con panel video: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=403

Of course, this may change at some point, as Sideshow always reserves that right ;) But for now and the near future, it appears that animated character PFs will be villains.

Of course, this may change at some point, as Sideshow always reserves that right ;) But for now and the near future, it appears that animated character PFs will be villains.

NOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Well that's going to save me a lot of money over the next few years then :(

I'm hoping Sideshow will change its mind...and soon. There are some great PF's to be had from Princesses, Heroes and others.

Look there! on the horizon, it's Captain Hook!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-3s0xx_RP84&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-3s0xx_RP84&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:arr:arr:arr:arr:arr

It has been far too long since I've watched Peter Pan, they need to put it out on Blu-Ray because I missed it on DVD.

So is that official that Captain Hook is coming or just campaigning for it?

yeah, I take it as a given that Captain Hook is coming.
So him and the Prince of Persia are two PF's for a 2011 release, leaving another 2-3 to come.

Yeah I think the Captain will be presented at SDCC :D can't wait... I do hope the base will have the alligator as in early sketches...

Yeah I think the Captain will be presented at SDCC :D can't wait... I do hope the base will have the alligator as in early sketches...

Considering the elaborate bases on the other pirates (Jack and Blackbeard) - I think he probably will.

And won't these 3 together make an awesome display? The real pirate, the live action movie and the animated movie.

Dave, stop giving me ideas. I want Blackbeard and Jack bad enough already, I don't need more incentive...

maybe my most desired Disney animated character:

disney-robin-hood-wallpapers-preview.jpg

I fully second that. I will weep with joy. This is my number one most desired piece that Sideshow could possibly do. Well maybe right after a Dean Martin PF. Ooh-de-lally!

This would be a MUST BUY for me! One of my favorite Disney movies of all time! :rock

:lecture

Robin Hood is the 70's Disney icon. A truly endearing character that I'd buy in PF form in a heartbeat. Exclusive could either be the golden arrow on pillow or a 1/4 scale wanted poster. Make it happen SSC! :pray: :yess:

Back