Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

According to IMDB Leo is 6'1". And Downey stood on a box whenever he had a scene with Gwyneth Paltrow. Height really isn't the issue. And I can't see how anyone who has seen The Departed can say Leo doesn't have charisma.

I can't believe people are still hung up on height and prior baggage. Good point on Downey Dave, he is only 5'7" although listed often as 5'8".

Leo is an outstanding actor and if he is brought into this, I have no fears.

Check this out: The title art:

marvel_javits_061008.jpg

Its from the New York Licensing Expo that just passed....

Article here:

https://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/...or-captain-america-and-avengers-well-sort-of/

I think we're going to need the summer of 09 to recover from the summer of 08. I know I'm spending way more at the movies this year than average.

The Hulk sequel will be greenlit this coming week watch. Although it remains to be seen if Marvel Studios will push to have it out in 2010 or allow it to rock 2011.....

barrowmanca.jpg

SDCC: Torchwood Star Up for Captain America?
Source: Silas Lesnick
July 24, 2008

John Barrowman, the star of "Torchwood," was just asked moments ago at the San Diego Comic-Con panel if there was any possibility that he would be playing Captain America in the upcoming feature film.

He smiled and gave the stock answer that he'd love to play the character and that Captain America has always been his favorite comic book superhero. Clearly, though, the notion did not take him by surprise and he ended up admitting there had been discussions with his agents and meetings on that very issue.

What do you think? Though maybe not the star-power that the studio might be looking for, Barrowman certainly fits the bill. We'll bring you more news as it develops.

The First Avenger: Captain America is currently scheduled for a May 6, 2011 release.

So Marvel might be going away from A Caliber actors if this is true:

titan-american-gladiators.jpg

American Gladiator Might Be Captain America, Conan
Aug 5 2008

/Film has received a tip that Mike O'Hearn, better known (only known) as the American Gladiator Titan (aka, the one who occasionally turns into a blonde Hulk), revealed to an Omaha radio show that he's up for the leads in Conan and Captain America.

I don't know about this. Sure, he has the physique, but an American Gladiator playing Captain America. I mean, yeah, when I say it like that it sounds like it makes perfect sense, but come on. What are this guy's qualifications? Let's see what NBC.com has to say:

With nearly godlike strength and skill, he is the ultimate warrior. Able to physically dominate foes with his impressive physique, he is equally adept at mind games and will attempt to mentally defeat opponents before the battle even begins. Titan is a double threat who will find a way to win... one way or another.
Well, I guess it doesn't matter if we like these casting choices or not; he's going to take the roles one way or another regardless. Unless this is just another one of Titan's famous mind games...

who do you guys think should play thor in the movie

I think Mike O'Hearn would be a good fit for Thor more than Cap. He might be a little too muscular for Cap.

I can really see John Barrowman doing Capt. He has male and female appeal, already has a fan base, is known in both the US and the UK and he can act very well.

Article by Shawn Darnell

Captain America movie in CGI???
The internet is abuzz with a rumor that, if true, could destroy the goodwill movies like Iron Man have built up for Marvel.
The inevitable Avengers movie hinges on the inclusion of a certain red, white and blue superhero. The nasty rumor floating around the series of tubes is that the Captain America movie is completely screwed before it even begins.
Apparently, the people in charge of such things are having trouble casting the lead role in the movie slated to hit theaters in 2011. Their solution is to say, “To hell with it, let's just make a crappy cartoon.”
Yes, the new Captain America movie might be animated. A CGI animated movie to be exact. Of course, this is the worse possible news for Cap fans and hopefully it remains just a rumor. If it isn't, expect the entire internet to catch fire sometime soon. We'll keep you posted as the situation develops.

Bah, I'm throwing down the bullcrap flag on that one.

I just report the news I don't write it.....but I have a strong agreement on that. :lol

I just report the news I don't write it.....but I have a strong agreement on that. :lol

I have to agree. There's no way I can see Marvel going with a CGI Capt. There's definitely an actor out there that fits the bill. It's only a matter of time until he's signed. If Marvel can come up with Downey Jr. and Norton for their respective roles, then they can surely come up with someone to fill Captain America's boots.

I'm sure they will find a real life actor for the part, but I can also see a CGI Beowulf style animation project to represent the Marvel Universe as well. I want both actually, sometimes some aspects of comic book life just doesn't translate well from comic book into real life, but in a CGI movie can recreate it all.

Back