Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

Thor's costume has been revealed in the same manner today over in that film's thread. You can check out the renders there.

I did put this together using one of the renders though:
avengerstic.jpg

Looking good man!!! Cant wait to see it on the bigscreen!!! Been gone, but will Thor not be wearing a helmet?

I cannot wait to have that pic on my shelf in the form of Hot Toys. Except Cap will be in the middle of course.

Interesting since there was a huge push for him to be Cap a while back.

Dum Dum Dugan Cast in The First Avenger?
Huge amount of Marvel movie news lately, with costume designs for both Captain America and Thor, and possible Hulk involvement, and it’s no surprise to anybody that the news is hitting fast. It’s a big few years for the Marvel crew, and we have some more possible casting news to report.

Neal McDonough is rumored to be in talks with Marvel to portray Dum Dum Dugan, a stable of any S.H.I.E.L.D./Nick Fury/Captain America/ Marvel U. comic that you may have read. And with news of Dugan’s role in The First Avenger: Captain America it leads to a little speculation on whether or not we will see Sam Jackson’s Nick Fury back in WWII with Cap and Dum Dum, some Howling Commandos action maybe? Sweet.

Splashpage.mtv reports:

McDonough would join an already impressive roster that recently added Tommy Lee Jones in a mystery role.

McDonough’s conversations with Marvel Studios have not been officially acknowledged, according to Deadline.com, but he may be the leading candidate right now to pick up a bowler hat, mustache and cigar for one of Nick Fury’s most dedicated S.H.I.E.L.D. troops.

In a list of credits that includes Chris Evans as Steve Rogers, Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Sebastian Stan as Bucky and Toby Jones as Arnim Zola, McDonough would be in good company.

If you’ve seen McDonough in Band of Brothers, or Walking Tall, he is awesome. I can totally see him playing Dugan.

Neil looks nothing like Dugan.
Geez.

Looks like Stanley Tucci is on board also.

Stanley Tucci and Neal McDonough have both confirmed that they will be appearing alongside Chris Evans in Captain America: The First Avenger.

Tucci has been cast as Dr Abraham Erskine, who appeared in the original comics as a German scientist who creates Project Rebirth – the top secret experiment that resulted in the creation of super soldier Captain America.

McDonough, meanwhile, confirmed that he will be playing Dum Dum Dugan in the comic movie adaptation. He also stated that he would be donning the character’s signature bowler hat.

While speaking with MTV, McDonough also confirmed the presence of The Howling Commandoes, stating the name “may change. I'm reading a few things that it might change, but at this point, it still is [the Howling Commandos].”

Captain America: The First Avenger is being directed by Joe Johnston and will be released in cinemas on 22 July 2011.

Fans may recall that early reports had Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige claiming that The Invaders would fight along Captain America in the film, but it was later revealed that Feige was actually referring to The Howling Commandos.

Reasons for a name change are unknown as are the reasons behind it (be they creative or legal). What does seem certain at this point is that the members of The Howling Commandos will be present and that Neal McDonough will be among them.

Good news, The Invaders would've been a distraction anywhoo
Chris Lloyd as Dr. Erskine anyone?
"Great Scott Ive created a SuperSoldier"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Fans may recall that early reports had Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige claiming that The Invaders would fight along Captain America in the film, but it was later revealed that Feige was actually referring to The Howling Commandos.

Reasons for a name change are unknown as are the reasons behind it (be they creative or legal). What does seem certain at this point is that the members of The Howling Commandos will be present and that Neal McDonough will be among them.

Good news, The Invaders would've been a distraction anywhoo
Chris Lloyd as Dr. Erskine anyone?
"Great Scott Ive created a SuperSoldier"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've read at Chud.com that Stanley Tucci is being considered for Dr. Erskine, I think that'd be a good choice too.

He is an odd choice for Dugan, but I'm much less interested in someone who looks the part than someone who can play it well. Was Dugan in WWII in the comics?

So how does he stay young too? Gosh there are alot of old people in comics. :lol

Haha, yeah I'm curious how Dum Dum will fit into the modern story as well.

Back