Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it again today with a friend. A really good origin story.

For being number one in the box office this week here's a toast from his fellow avengers.
DSC_9509.jpg

The movie isn't what I was hoping for in a Cap movie, but it turned out so well I would be an idiot to complain. I do have one question though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved the Avengers teaser trailer at the end. I really feel like Marvel is 3 out of 5 for excellent movies and the two I leave out (IM2 and Hulk) are really good but I hate Hulk and IM2 gets alot of criticism.

The movie isn't what I was hoping for in a Cap movie, but it turned out so well I would be an idiot to complain. I do have one question though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved the Avengers teaser trailer at the end. I really feel like Marvel is 3 out of 5 for excellent movies and the two I leave out (IM2 and Hulk) are really good but I hate Hulk and IM2 gets alot of criticism.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was also going to ask about this.......I keep hearing that the CC was indeed in Thor.....but where :dunno

My wife keeps saying that it was the Frost Giant's power cube source.

I don't think so.

Man, pretty soon i'm going to wear out The Mike button :lol

I saw this last night. Being Saturday night, the theater was needless to say FILLED. I'm glad we got their as early as we did.

Anyway, I loved every minute of it. Evans as Captain America was fantastic, and I really enjoyed Weaving as Red Skull. It was interesting how pleasant the crowd was too. In my experience they're either extremely quiet or extremely annoying and rude. The audience last night was the perfect audience and showed emotions at the right parts. You could tell everyone was loving it.

The origin was done very well. In fact, it was my favorite part of the movie. Oh and who didn't love the USO scene and all those great montage scenes? I loved the fact that it was a "period piece" and had the original Raiders action/adventure vibe to it.

The only gripe I have is THE AVENGERS. Yeah, I could have done without any mention of Avengers or Samuel Jackson or any of that. The movie could have stood on it's own. I much preferred Captain America's exploits as opposed to all the little hints and mentions of the Avengers, especially at the end. Captain America doesn't seem like the type that would join such a team going by this film, so it will be interesting to see him as team leader in the Avengers.

With that said, I'd prefer "Captain America 2" rather than the Avengers. I think you could make an excellent, solo film about how Captain America deals with the present time, especially considering how much America has changed . . . for the worse. Also see his reaction to how elderly or deceased all his friends and allies are.

Oh and, forgive me but I only saw it once so far,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

yeah, the first mention and showing of the CC (in the movie-verse) was only in Thor's after credits scene with Loki

Correct, that I knew. :duff:

I had heard that it was in his vault.....it couldn't be because it's on earth.

There was a scene where there was a cube on a pedestool. I don't remember what part. Maybe I misinterpreted what was there, or maybe its like Cap's shield in IM and just there as an Easter egg in a standalone movie.

The Cosmic Cube is never in Odin's actual treasure room. The Frost Giant's cube is The Casket of Ancient Winters. In the comics Jarvis has it and it keeps him growing younger.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There was a scene where there was a cube on a pedestool. I don't remember what part. Maybe I misinterpreted what was there, or maybe its like Cap's shield in IM and just there as an Easter egg in a standalone movie.

The only cube on a pedestal was that Frost Giant Freezing cube or whatever it's name is, these were the only other things they put in Odin's chamber
vaultodin.jpg

Eternal Flame (top, left) - Mystical flame that cannot be extinguished. It was stolen from Surtur by Odin, Vili, and Ve Borson at the dawn of time so that Surtur could not light his sword and bring about Ragnarok.

Infinity Gauntlet (right) - The Infinity Gauntlet was designed to hold six of the 'soul gems', better known as the Infinity Gems. When used in combination their already impressive powers made the wearer nearly invincible.

Warlock's Eye (bottom, center) - A powerful, mystical weapon used unsuccessfully against Odin, Thor and the Warriors Three during an invasion of Asgard.

Orb of Agamotto (top,left center) - A scrying crystal ball used by Doctor Strange for clairvoyance. It has been known to open gateways between dimensions

Tablet of Life & Time (top, right center) - On the tablet was a biochemical formula for a serum, the so-called Lifeline Formula, which could rejuvinate, heal and grant its user the chance to reach the full evolutionary potential of its race turning the user into an immortal near omnipotent being

The Cosmic Cube is never in Odin's actual treasure room. The Frost Giant's cube is The Casket of Ancient Winters. In the comics Jarvis has it and it keeps him growing younger.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Is the Frost Giant's cube the one that Odin stole from them or is it something else? Maybe I'm nuts but I swear I saw a little clear cube on a pedestool in the treasure room... I remember seeing it on my first viewing and getting excited before even seeing it in the post credits...

Okay, I'm either insane, hallucinating during movies, or I'm the only who saw it because I knew I saw the cosmic cube in the treasure room, but now y'all have me doubting myself... :lol

Back