Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When do you guys think they'd be likely to announce the new CW Cap figure? I'm not sure if they have a specific timeline they go by for that, as they dropped figures like Hill and the new Fury pretty close to ship as opposed to some other figures with huge lead times to ship dates. I blew it with AOU Cap 3 times, I'm not missing CW Cap. Need him for my Hot Toys 6th scale ideal Avengers setup!!!

J

The Hong Kong Toy Fair will be held 11-14 January 2016. It's likely that Hot Toys will show off some new product there. I hope we start seeing Phase 3 figures along with some Batman v. Superman stuff.

Maybe after Force Awakens we might see some additional Star Wars stuff that would spoilerish to show before the movie release.

The Hong Kong Toy Fair will be held 11-14 January 2016. It's likely that Hot Toys will show off some new product there. I hope we start seeing Phase 3 figures along with some Batman v. Superman stuff.

Maybe after Force Awakens we might see some additional Star Wars stuff that would spoilerish to show before the movie release.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it! Soon as this thing goes up on PO, it's mine! Not passing the chance up again! I really love the AOU suit and the CW suit we have seen so far missing the white on the arms and the red on the chest is pretty noticeable for me, if the other suit is coming with the added scales, and looks as sick as it seems it might, then I may actually have a CHOICE to make! LOL
I have to say, Civil War is looking like it's going to be one of the most amazing films ever made. I really think Star Wars has a real fight on its hands. And it's only going to get more brutal with Infinity Wars 1 & 2!

J

Hot toys big show is Toy Soul. It's December 18th. It's their main con. Last year it was where the first Aou stuff showed, plus thanos. It's where hulkbuster was first unveiled. And they have a BvS display and a CW display this year.

Hot toys big show is Toy Soul. It's December 18th. It's their main con. Last year it was where the first Aou stuff showed, plus thanos. It's where hulkbuster was first unveiled. And they have a BvS display and a CW display this year.

This is the show I'm also counting on for reveals.

:lol:lol:lol

That day will be the best of the year.

Class ends for me, new Star Wars movie and new Hot Toy!!! :panic: :yess: Should be an awesome day!

Good call! I forgot about Toy Soul!

Dang, I'm looking forward to potentially seeing BvS and CW figs but hell we aren't even half way done with AoU releases :slap

It's true. But it takes time.

I've heard there will be a few surprises from other licenses as well.

My First post! New to forums.

I am definitely #TeamCap , but I think I am more about the cinematic Cap suit. Some things work well in comics but just don't look right on screen (Fantastic Four).

I wonder, how are parents going to talk about this with kids. I remember reading the books leading up to Civil War and being profoundly disappointed in Tony Stark. I had been reading comics for decades at this point, and to see this happen was so disheartening (you know because fictional characters' lives matter to me for some reason lol). So you have all of these kids who idolize these heroes, what happens when they have to choose a side? I am just imagining kids throwing out their shields or iron man toys just like in the comics.

It means I now only have to buy my daughter half the toys that she used to want :yess:

Personally, I like my superheroes with their mask on. I honestly do not care about the actor's face underneath lol.

Yeh characters like Iron Man and Cap its fine as they spend time during the films without masks on while suited up, what I would never want to see is an unmasked Batman for example with the suit on minus the cowl.

Anyone think that Tony will stick with ONE Iron Man suit for the entire movie? :rotfl

You know Hot Toys is hoping he doesn't!

Hot Toys and every other action figure manufacturer... and tbh what do they care, they will just make versions which weren't in the movie so in all likely hood if the 46 is Tony's only suit I would bet we see a repaint version as some sort of con exclusive (please no more "stealth" versions)

This is what I am betting on in what 15 days time, though I guess it will depend on what they have at the "show off" phase with prototypes and how much they can bring to the show as they will have Star Wars, Batman v Superman, their other current/upcoming Marvel figures not to mention anything else.

It would surprise me if they didn't at least have a Cap prototype though; its pretty much merging the Stealth and AoU suits. The new War Machine would be my second safe bet which may be why they haven't done a full reveal on him yet.

:lol:lol:lol

That day will be the best of the year.

Class ends for me, new Star Wars movie and new Hot Toy!!! :panic: :yess: Should be an awesome day!

Only problem for me is I didn't get tickets until the 22nd (few scheduling things etc etc), just a couple of short days but I am going on Internet lock down until then so will need to be very careful about what I see... So least with wanting to check out the exciting new CW and BvS figures I can just avoid potential spoilers in the SW section (and hope anything I really really want after seeing the film doesn't sell out between the 17th and 22nd... especially the spoilery stuff I will likely not know is even out for 6 days!)

December 18th will be a fantastic day indeed! I can't wait for the CW reveals at Toy Soul! :woo

Also, I'm totally digging Black Panther's outfit and Iron Man's new armor! :clap

Back