Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the advantage Cap3 has is that is has Bucky. The answer is obvious to me: a duo lead in which Bucky will take over from Cap. Maybe Marvel can out-edge dc for once and actually let Steve die heroically, for real. Evans wants out anyway.

Evans confirmed that he still wants to act but wants to direct more than act in films after Avengers 3. So there's a chance that he could still sign a new contract

I honestly can't see Marvel killing any of their big names off. The bigger this universe gets the more opportunities to showcase other heroes there are which means guys like Downey, Hemsworth and Evans can be there but only have to shoot for a few days or a week and get paid big for very little work. I thought Bucky was done great but I'm in no hurry to see him as Cap since Evans is doing such an awesome job.

I honestly can't see Marvel killing any of their big names off. The bigger this universe gets the more opportunities to showcase other heroes there are which means guys like Downey, Hemsworth and Evans can be there but only have to shoot for a few days or a week and get paid big for very little work. I thought Bucky was done great but I'm in no hurry to see him as Cap since Evans is doing such an awesome job.

That's exactly how I feel. People have to realize that The Avengers don't always have the big four in every mission. What I love most is the rotating roster.

finally saw it yesterday and loved it...probably rank it right below avengers and right above iron man, but they aren't separated by much

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well the advantage Cap3 has is that is has Bucky.

I'm extremely excited to see what they do with his character. I'm in no hurry to see him take over as Cap though, I like him as the WS. I really see Captain America as being in the same place TDK was prior to TDKR but without the monkey wrench of Heath's death (knock on wood that Sebastian Stan doesn't off himself anytime soon.) Imagine a TDKR with Heath. That's what we're going to get with Cap 3 IMO.

I just love that Marvel is taking their time with these movies. I kind of figured that Steve and Bucky would end TWS as friends but they did a great job of not rushing and forcing that development. As such TWS had the perfect ending with Bucky walking away from the beach in slow motion and then visiting the Smithsonian. So epic.

Uh, spoiler alert? Sorry, I figured you had read that, Khev.

Oh that's cool. I know that story is about 9 years old now. I swore off Brubaker's run on principle once I heard that he brought Bucky back but now with the movie being so awesome I figure I'll have to give it a chance. I don't expect people to tiptoe around spoilers like it's a brand new thing.

Last edited:
Mmm that's cool. I think Phase Two for the most part has been pretty good so far but I actually like the Dark World less every time I see it :/ just how they handled and come rely wasted Malekith and the convenience of the convergence bugs me. All the scenes with Tom save the film for me.

Good news is that they're gonna bring the person who wrote for Earths Mightiest Heroes onto Thor 3. I hope to god we get Beta Ray Bill!

Mmm that's cool. I think Phase Two for the most part has been pretty good so far but I actually like the Dark World less every time I see it :/ just how they handled and come rely wasted Malekith and the convenience of the convergence bugs me. All the scenes with Tom save the film for me.

Good news is that they're gonna bring the person who wrote for Earths Mightiest Heroes onto Thor 3. I hope to god we get Beta Ray Bill!

Beta Ray F'In Bill, that show actually gave him justice

The whole Asgardian thing just bugs me the more it goes on. At first I was understanding on how they "needed" to make it fit in etcbut now I think they should have left what they are more ambiguous instead of just "an alien race". It certainly doesn't explain why Odin and Thor are super powered Asgardians while everyone else is just average Asgardians. There are is no way to explain the Valkyrie, or some of other more supernatural aspects of Thor. I think its kind of like midichlorians; somethings are better left unexplained.

I just love that Marvel is taking their time with these movies. I kind of figured that Steve and Bucky would end TWS as friends but they did a great job of not rushing and forcing that development. As such TWS had the perfect ending with Bucky walking away from the beach in slow motion and then visiting the Smithsonian. So epic.

I love that they didn't rush it, and that's a large reason why I'm so excited for Cap 3 now, maybe even more so than Avengers 2, I'm not gonna lie. I can't wait to see the continuation of Bucky's story, and how he and Steve truly reunite.

The shot of him walking away from Steve on the riverbank was awesome, because that's the first time in the movie you actually see him exit a scene. He 'disappears' after all of his other scenes, making him "ghost"-like, as Natasha referred to him as in the hospital scene. Having the shot of him walking away works as establishing him as a man again, which is fitting since he's free from Hydra and made the decision to save Steve's life. He wasn't a ghost anymore, he was (not quite) Bucky walking away. Loved that.

I'm extremely excited to see what they do with his character. I'm in no hurry to see him take over as Cap though, I like him as the WS. I really see Captain America as being in the same place TDK was prior to TDKR but without the monkey wrench of Heath's death (knock on wood that Sebastian Stan doesn't off himself anytime soon.) Imagine a TDKR with Heath. That's what we're going to get with Cap 3 IMO.

:goodpost: :exactly: well said! So looking forward to Cap 3 now and seeing what pans out next. Like you said hopefully we'll see more of Winter Soldier before he takes over as Cap - thought he was a such great character in this film. This is now officially my second favourite Marvel film after Avengers Assemble.

Back