Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As expected you're here Khev. I just wanted to ask how you felt about the Winter Soldier, the character I mean. I feel like he should've had more dedicated screen time. He's easily my favorite Marvel Villain so far and I was really touched by the Bucky flashbacks and how he's freaking effed up by Pierce.

But maybe they reserve a lot of Bucky's psychology for the third Cap. Was wondering how you looked at it?

Also, I REALLY hope someone moves away, either Marvel or DC, I'm a little bit mad at WB for putting MoS2 on the same date. Kinda pisses me off, it's needlessly aggressive.

Also, I REALLY hope someone moves away, either Marvel or DC, I'm a little bit mad at WB for putting MoS2 on the same date. Kinda pisses me off, it's needlessly aggressive.

Right now, it looks like Disney will flinch. Either way, I don't care - I enjoy both Marvel and DC. It's inevitable that this will happen again. It's two big studios vying for the dollars of a certain audience, even though most people will see both films, one studio wants to be the first to X amount of dollars. It helps for later on when they have their shareholders meetings.

I genuinely don't think Disney will flinch.

Rob Keyes from screenrant really sold me on the logic that Disney has something to gain from this, by simply usurping some of the profit of DC's only tentpole film that everything depends upon for them. Whereas DC has NOTHING to gain from this, even if it destroys Cap3, Cap3 will have almost undoubtedly managed to keep MoS2 from going to a billion. I'm afraid that Disney is going to flat-out let Cap3 be a sacrificial lamb to cut off MoS2's financial success. Also, if disney moves now, they completely let themselves be bullied by WB.

Obviously I'm a mos fan as my avatar indicates, but I'm really disappointed in this move by WB/DC. Especially now that I liked Cap's stand alone film most in both phase 1 and phase 2. It's dumb and it's gonna hurt WB/DC more than Disney/Marvel. And it just screams fanboy nerd war BS, which hurts everyone.

I genuinely don't think Disney will flinch.

Rob Keyes from screenrant really sold me on the logic that Disney has something to gain from this, by simply usurping some of the profit of DC's only tentpole film that everything depends upon for them. Whereas DC has NOTHING to gain from this, even if it destroys Cap3, Cap3 will have almost undoubtedly managed to keep MoS2 from going to a billion. I'm afraid that Disney is going to flat-out let Cap3 be a sacrificial lamb to cut off MoS2's financial success. Also, if disney moves now, they completely let themselves be bullied by WB.

Obviously I'm a mos fan as my avatar indicates, but I'm really disappointed in this move by WB/DC. Especially now that I liked Cap's stand alone film most in both phase 1 and phase 2. It's dumb and it's gonna hurt WB/DC more than Disney/Marvel. And it just screams fanboy nerd war BS, which hurts everyone.

Makes sense to me. With what Disney/Marvel has become in regards to their movies, I can see WB/DC benefiting from moving their release date since you put it that way. Again, I don't see WB/DC flinching and it could cost them big time in the scope of what they have planned for further down the road. Don't know what I would see first as both Cap and Supes are my 2 faves - probably depend on the trailers. Honestly, I was a little upset they brought Batman into the fold so early, but after seeing Cap2, I can't wait to see part 3!

... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 106
I would see BvsS first, never been done before in big budget live action.

Then same day I would go see Cap 3.

Then right back to BvsS.

Then right back to Cap 3.

Rinse Repeat.

As expected you're here Khev. I just wanted to ask how you felt about the Winter Soldier, the character I mean. I feel like he should've had more dedicated screen time. He's easily my favorite Marvel Villain so far and I was really touched by the Bucky flashbacks and how he's freaking effed up by Pierce.

But maybe they reserve a lot of Bucky's psychology for the third Cap. Was wondering how you looked at it?

After two viewings I don't know that I have one single complaint over how Bucky was handled. He's probably my favorite cinematic comic villain at this point. He was like Boba Fett, a T-1000, the Jackal, and a cool version of Dark Side Anakin all in one. I did want to see more of him but am kind of glad that we didn't, I feel like we got just enough. I thought TWS was so good that I can't help but wonder how Cap 3 will be able to compare. It seems whenever a "Part II" is insanely awesome then Part III has to be this huge stepdown.

After two viewings I don't know that I have one single complaint over how Bucky was handled. He's probably my favorite cinematic comic villain at this point. He was like Boba Fett, a T-1000, the Jackal, and a cool version of Dark Side Anakin all in one. I did want to see more of him but am kind of glad that we didn't, I feel like we got just enough. I thought TWS was so good that I can't help but wonder how Cap 3 will be able to compare. It seems whenever a "Part II" is insanely awesome then Part III has to be this huge stepdown.

T D K R

I would see BvsS first, never been done before in big budget live action.

The exact reason I'd watch Cap first. SvB type of film has never been done

My trust in Nolan camp to deliver a stellar out of this world movie experience has dwindled. IMO Nolan started strong with BB and TDK then they dropped the ball with TDKR and MoS. Whereas the three Cap films (TFA, Av, WS) started strong and got better each film.

Either way both would be viewed same day and if deserving multiple times that weekend.....

Last edited:
Very nice movie, just saw it.... Who is Bucky anyways? New captain America(the sideshow statues) ? I am so confuse.......

The exact reason I'd watch Cap first. SvB type of film has never been done

My trust in Nolan camp to deliver a stellar out of this world movie experience has dwindled. IMO Nolan started strong with BB and TDK then they dropped the ball with TDKR and MoS. Whereas the three Cap films (TFA, Av, WS) started strong and got better each film.

Either way both would be viewed same day and if deserving multiple times that weekend.....

Nolan? He and his film company are NO longer involved with Warner brothers or DC for That matter

Well the advantage Cap3 has is that is has Bucky. The answer is obvious to me: a duo lead in which Bucky will take over from Cap. Maybe Marvel can out-edge dc for once and actually let Steve die heroically, for real. Evans wants out anyway.

Back