Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

My two sons are asking me to take them to see it again tomorrow. We saw it last weekend and they loved it. I may have to cave in and see it for my 3rd time.

What was the promotion.
Buy $25.00 worth of Cap merchandise and get a free movie ticket worth $10.00. She bought my son the Cap Helmet and shield and got the free movie ticket.

Oh, and Cap 2 makes IM3 seem even worse off for me.

Agreed, but honestly IM3 is kind of an easy target at this point. I think TWS even made *The Avengers* look not as great by comparison. It really exposed some not too obvious flaws of TA (like the quality of writing and some of the characterizations.)

Last edited:

What an awesome movie. Cap is a fighting machine. Very believable that he can kick any ass in front of him. Makes his insistence to Tony in TA to "put on the suit and go a few rounds" a little more serious and dangerous for Stark.

Agreed, but honestly IM3 is kind of an easy target at this point. I think TWS even made *The Avengers* look not as great by comparison. It really exposed some not too obvious flaws of TA (like the quality of writing and some of the characterizations.)

Agreed, I had the same thoughts. Instead of IM1 being an anomaly that hadn't been repeated imo, WS has now created a bookend of movies that I really enjoyed, but aren't up to the start, IM (Iknow its actually IH, but lets face it, IM kicked the real party off) or the current end, WS. huge fan of Cap 1, Avengers and both Thors (although the idiot castmemebers of Thor2 were waaaay to dialed up), but they just don't measure to the standards we got in the bookends.

What an awesome movie. Cap is a fighting machine. Very believable that he can kick any ass in front of him. Makes his insistence to Tony in TA to "put on the suit and go a few rounds" a little more serious and dangerous for Stark.

Cap would probably punch a hole into Tony's armour judging from IM3. :lol I am very happy at how The Winter Soldier turned out and extremely satisfied with how TWS portrayed Cap's fighting abilities. The fight choreography was so hyper kinetic and awesome, but also had weight to it. It's like you could feel the weight with every punch, elbow, and kick thrown. I also really loved the way they used his shield in the movie. The elevator scene was one of my favourite scenes along with the fights with Winter Soldier.

To be fair, the characterizations were done with the stand alone movies, and more could have hurt the overall pace of Avengers. I definitely agree with your point that TWS did expose some tiny nitpicks I had with TA, especially at how Cap was portrayed. But overall, I still think TA still stands up as a better film for me. It was such a huge event to see all those heroes together and the feel good feeling I got after watching the movie made it a more memorial experience than TWS.

As for IM3, I think I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more after repeat viewings especially after seeing the All Hail The King digital short.

Just got out of round 2. My thoughts haven't changed at all. That's saying something that I made up my mind after just seeing it once. It was just as exhilarating as the first time.

Just got out of round 2. My thoughts haven't changed at all. That's saying something that I made up my mind after just seeing it once. It was just as exhilarating as the first time.

Same here, I’m dying for the Blu-Ray release already :lol

Definatly getting this movie to. Felt the marvel movie verse became dull when iron man 3 and thor 2 came up but cap 2 picked it up my intrest in the universe again. Such an amazing movie.

Definatly getting this movie to. Felt the marvel movie verse became dull when iron man 3 and thor 2 came up but cap 2 picked it up my intrest in the universe again. Such an amazing movie.

Same here, I also didn’t like The Avengers, but I know I’m in the minority there, so I pretty much gave up on the MS movies, but TWS got me interested again.

My son's best friend was over today and he hadn't seen Cap yet. So we took him.
It was cool too since the air conditioning broke and the theater got really hot, we received free passes for another film.

He is one funny guy, and that store manager, oyyy I would've sold them for a little more :lol

Yeah, dumb manager, he let Mackie slide out of there with some good Ebay bait. :lol

I would have started snapping pics and told him to keep on rolling.

Just returned from another viewing.

Still amazed by it.

I sat next to these 2 very animated, very awesome ladies that were so much into the movie that they would respond with their own "unhun".

If only I could watch every movie with them sitting nearby, that would be awesome. :lol

Cap 2 soundtrack has a part during the end credits that sounded just like the music from the 2006 Ultimate Avengers cartoon movie.

Back