Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

In my EXPERT (im a film editor with 15 years of experience in the business and director/producer and photographer with a BFA in creative writing) PROFESSIONAL opinion.... yes.

Lol at that statement. Your "expert" opinion is no more than 1 opinion amongst many critics. Liking Iron Man over TWS or vice versa is simply a matter of taste. Both excelled at portraying source material.

Lol at that statement. Your "expert" opinion is no more than 1 opinion amongst many critics. Liking Iron Man over TWS or vice versa is simply a matter of taste. Both excelled at portraying source material.

You are misconstruing and misquoting me. The success of portraying the source material is not in question. My point is that TWS is a more sophisticated a mature movie.

Vern reviewed this movie, and also took issue with the shakycam:

https://www.outlawvern.com/2014/04/05/captain-america-2/

PZVHhqO.jpg

Had some time away from work this afternoon and I decided to catch my forth viewing of the film. Man is this a great flick, is love the battles between Cap and WS.

And hey where would you rank TWS with regard to superhero flicks? If B89 and TDK are at the top for you I'm curious where TWS resides.

I don't really rank. If I did, Winter Soldier is pretty damn high. Other than Avengers, I usually see a Marvel film once or twice. Cap II? I've already seen it three times and want to go again (been trying to get more friends and family to go, I already know my brother would love this film).

Batman 1989 and Dark Knight as far as my currents interests go are a bit antiquated now. I still love them, but I'd sooner be more enthusiastic about something that is fresh and exciting (Winter Soldier) than the same old same old same old you know? I love the two of them, don't get me wrong, but you can only watch the same thing so many times until it gets a bit stale. I'd rather revisit them and appreciate them later on. If it's any consolation, Winter Soldier is one of my favorite films of this comic book/superhero genre. Easily my favorite Marvel film up with the likes of Spider-Man 2, Iron Man and First Avenger. I think I like it even more than them. :horror

We'll see what happens when the hype dies down, but right now I'm in total Cap mode. I'm actually tempted to go and buy some comic titles of him to read.

Cap is a better hero than Indy.

One of my quibbles was that the armors all seemed so weak at the end. It was as if they were all made of tin foil. But I thought the Mandarin thing, the drone suit, and the interaction with the kid were all fine personally. It did seem as if they were really trying to wrap up the Iron Man story at the end, which was odd, but we'll have to see how they explain his further involvement in later films.

To be fair, I think it's because they were all just prototypes.Tony was just building and building and I don't think he put time into making the armor as good as it could be on all the suits.

To be fair, I think it's because they were all just prototypes.Tony was just building and building and I don't think he put time into making the armor as good as it could be on all the suits.

I feel like that's such a cop out explanation though. No offense lol.

Back