Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Watched this movie today and was completely blown away by it! I can't complain about anything with it! Hell, I may have to see it again to catch all of the little things I may have missed the first time around!

I remember reading somewhere stating this is the best Marvel film yet. At this point, I can't argue with that logic! Indeed, today was money well spent! If you haven't seen it, DO SO! :rock

captain-america-salute.gif

Next weekend i'll go see it. :lol

Have to agree -- I just saw this today and loved it. Probably my favorite Marvel movie yet (not counting Greatest Hits Avengers).

I can't get the fights out of my head. So many brutal attacks. I loved all the great kicks in this movie :lol

Caps flip kick to batroc. Kicking the henchman over the rail. Winter soldier kicking that guy into the quinjet... Man. Kicks kicks kicks! More kicks :lecture

I can't get the fights out of my head. So many brutal attacks. I loved all the great kicks in this movie :lol

Caps flip kick to batroc. Kicking the henchman over the rail. Winter soldier kicking that guy into the quinjet... Man. Kicks kicks kicks! More kicks :lecture

It is very martial artsy. I was impressed by GSPs performance in the choreographed fight with cap.

The WS was inconsistent with Caps shield and it's abilities.
It did what the writers needed it to do in any given circumstance.
In CA:TFA it's vibranium alloy is shown to absorb kinetic energy.
Peggy Carter shoots at him and the bullet falls to the ground rather than ricocheting.
It also absorbed Molijners kinetic energy but the clash still caused a shock wave.
In WS Cap used it to break his fall from the elevator but for some reason the effect doesn't work when the mini gun thug is targeting him, or when WS shoots an under barrel grenade at him. The impact throws him over the side into a bus with tremendous force.

Last edited:

Peggy Carter shoots at him and the bullet falls to the ground rather than ricocheting.
It also absorbed Molijners kinetic energy but the the clash still caused a shock wave.
In WS Cap used it to break his fall from the elevator but for some reason the effect doesn't work when the mini gun thug is targeting him, or when WS
shoots an under barrel grenade at him. The impact throws him over the side into a bus with tremendous force.

It all depends on the angle of the attacks, a shot could either ricochet or stop dry, the shield is a body on it's own, if not fixed on something it's going to move, a horizontal attack is going to make Cap loose his ground, it's pretty consistent the way I see it.

The shield didn't absorb any kinect energy from the grenade round it just protected him from shrapnel and the explosion itself.
He shouldn't have gone flying with such force into that bus.
Don't get me wrong, it was a great cinematic moment in it's own right but the physics of the shield are all over the place.

I haven't really kept up with the thread, so this may have already been mentioned...

But apparently his "list" varies in different regions?

I don't remember if Daft Punk was on his list, I only read the bottom half, but someone on The Daft Club said this was from the French version.

5066454.jpg

And on the version I saw, he presumably already watched Star Wars, since it was crossed off (though not here).

"Thai Food"

Should be Indian, that'd give him quite the 'experience'.

It also absorbed Molijners kinetic energy but the clash still caused a shock wave.
In WS Cap used it to break his fall from the elevator but for some reason the effect doesn't work when the mini gun thug is targeting him, or when WS shoots an under barrel grenade at him. The impact throws him over the side into a bus with tremendous force.

The physics of the shield are all over the place in the comics too. They've explained plenty of what it does and "how" it works but at the end of the day it's going to work the way the writers want it to work, hence the fictional vibranium allowing them plenty of fictional situations and reactions for Cap's shield.

Don't bother trying to understand comic book "physics". :lol you'll make your head hurt! Trust me, I've tried.....

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

The shield didn't absorb any kinect energy from the grenade round it just protected him from shrapnel and the explosion itself.
He shouldn't have gone flying with such force into that bus.
Don't get me wrong, it was a great cinematic moment in it's own right but the physics of the shield are all over the place.

You know, for something to "absorb" kinetic energy, the force applied to it has to be inferior to it's friction coefficient and mass, so the shield can only absorb as much kinetic energy as it's mass let's it, it's not about what it's made of, it's about its mass, vibranium only makes it indestructible, but the shield is not indifferent to kinetic energy, it's an object that can change it's state of movement...don't you think Cap's arm generates kinetic energy? By your logic he should not be able to throw the shield, since the shield should absorb said kinetic energy.

The shield absorbed the force of the grenade's explosion it's mass let it, the force was still superior, then Cap's body absorbed some more, yet the force of the explosion was still superior, hence why Cap got air anyway.

The same thing happened in avengers with the chitauri grenade.

The shield does absorb the energy, that doesn't mean it won't move.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Excellent movie. Best Marvel film since the first Iron Man. I will probably see it a second time. This is the first time I feel Cap was properly handled. He was bad ***.

From best film of all time to using shield broscience, I loves this thread :lol

I don't believe anyone in here has claimed it best film of all time.

But broscience is always welcomed. :lol

What's great about this movie is that an extended edition is not even required, this movie is great as is.

In the comics Cap's shield has always been described as dampening impacts but it has never negated them *completely.* He couldn't just walk out onto train tracks and hold up his shield against an oncoming locomotive and have 50 cars stop dead in their tracks. He's used the shield to diminish a freefall in the comics as well but when he tried doing that in issue #344 (1988) he put his feet through the armstraps and when his feet and shield hit the ground he still had to roll out of it to avoid the remaining force that the shield couldn't handle. Even in the movie when Cap hit the street he didn't spring right up, he had still taken quite the impact.

The movies seem to suggest that the angle in which he holds it can determine whether something is absorbed or ricochets and I'm fine with that, especially in a fantasy superhero movie. Cap often absorbed blasts from HYDRA weapons but when an inexperienced Bucky held the shield on the train he didn't angle it right and was sent flying.

I don't believe anyone in here has claimed it best film of all time.

But broscience is always welcomed. :lol

What's great about this movie is that an extended edition is not even required, this movie is great as is.

i bet that's where hawkeye is. in the did not make it in the cut bits. :lol

Back