Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Quick question. I dont have time to scan through every page of this thread, but were there any oher post credit scenes after the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver scene? Had to rush back home to relieve babysitter, as the film was longer than anticipated.

There was another one after that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn, wish I stayed for that but the wife wanted to get to the car before the free parking expired.

Marvel (the movies) really has grown into a well-oiled machine. I had figured Avengers was the peak, but this movie proves there's still some juice. Hope they can stay on track for a few more years. I wonder who is behind this that's really holding the 'universe' together behind the scenes.

Damn, wish I stayed for that but the wife wanted to get to the car before the free parking expired.

Marvel (the movies) really has grown into a well-oiled machine. I had figured Avengers was the peak, but this movie proves there's still some juice. Hope they can stay on track for a few more years. I wonder who is behind this that's really holding the 'universe' together behind the scenes.

Agreed. I'm glad that the MCU can still hold my interest.

Throw some spoiler tags in there...
I would assume that anyone reading the movie thread once the movie was released in the U.S. would have seen the movie. Otherwise, you're just asking for problems. I always avoid movie threads until I've seen it once released for this reason, but. . .I'll put it there, anyway.

I just got back from my 4th, what does that make me. :lol

Captain Sweatpants?

captain_sweatpants.jpg
:lol :wave

Kevin Feige

I would assume that anyone reading the movie thread once the movie was released in the U.S. would have seen the movie. Otherwise, you're just asking for problems. I always avoid movie threads until I've seen it once released for this reason, but. . .I'll put it there, anyway.

I've seen the movie so it's not for me. Sometimes I want to pop into a thread to see general reactiosn though.

I'll call it a 10/10 comic book movie. There are no weak points. Pacing, action, humor, dialogue, etc.
This is my just my opinion and it fits my tastes. I can't see anyone saying its under 8/10.

89% on rottentomatoes.com. Third highest Marvel Studios movie (behind Iron Man 93% and Avengers 92%) and higher than BB and TDKR. :yess:

Not that any of this MATTERS of course but for the fun of it here's a bit of a breakdown:

Spider-Man 2 94%
The Dark Knight 94%
Iron Man 93%
Superman: The Movie 93%
The Avengers 92%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 89%
Spider-Man (2002) 89%
Superman II 89%
The Dark Knight Rises 88%
X2: X-Men United 87%
X-Men: First Class 87%
Batman Begins 85%
Superman Returns 76%
Batman (1989) 71%
Man of Steel 56%

Last edited:

Metacritic seems to have higher ratings for BB and TDK than Cap, which makes some sense to me. As much as I enjoyed Cap 2, I wouldn't put it in the company of those films. Spider-Man 2 also gets a much higher rating there.

Metacritic seems to have higher ratings for BB and TDK than Cap, which makes some sense to me. As much as I enjoyed Cap 2, I wouldn't put it in the company of those films. Spider-Man 2 also gets a much higher rating there.

Would you put TWS in the same company as Avengers? I think it absolutely surpassed Whedon's film.

Here is the deal for me.

Yes, of course BB/TDK are a great pair of movies

But the sheer level of action in Cap 2 easily surpasses anything from BB/TDK, not even remotely close.

I watch these movies for ACTION, not just for "serious" acting.

Make no mistake about it, the quality on display in Cap 2 is not something that should be taken for granted.

Marvel hit a triple home run here folks.

Every movie, not just cbm, have their work cut out for them after this one.

It definately raised the bar something serious.

Back