Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

I think 2 is the right number for me, will watch it again if someone invites me.

Worldwide BO: $303,300,000 already. :horror: damn!

Saw for the second time today. Still great. I enjoyed it just as much. There are parts I would watch again even now.

The showdown between cap and TWS on the street in broad daylight has to be my favorite film fight ever.

The dialogue in the character moments ("I do what he does just slower" "you may be in the wrong business" "who do you want me to be" "grandad held that knapsack a little tighter") was just so well written and acted. Really good writing makes the actors that much better.

I still got a lump in my throat in a couple spots.

Really a triumph. My favorite CBM ever. No hyperbole.

Saw for the second time today. Still great. I enjoyed it just as much. There are parts I would watch again even now.

The showdown between cap and TWS on the street in broad daylight has to be my favorite film fight ever.

The dialogue in the character moments ("I do what he does just slower" "you may be in the wrong business" "who do you want me to be" "grandad held that knapsack a little tighter") was just so well written and acted. Really good writing makes the actors that much better.

I still got a lump in my throat in a couple spots.

Really a triumph. My favorite CBM ever. No hyperbole.

Up there for me as well.

Perfect execution of movement, sound and music.

It was exhilarating to say the least.

Lets just say that I went over my budget this weekend, I had to pay for my nephews as well. :lol

I give you props though for what you said earlier. You don't buy popcorn and all of the other BS, and that saves A LOT. :lecture

With the talk of replacing actors, I'd rather just see the superheros themselves coming and going rather than 'Bonding' the character. Atleast for this current run of movies....

And I agree fully, Evans is Cap the same way RDJ is Stark.

I give you props though for what you said earlier. You don't buy popcorn and all of the other BS, and that saves A LOT. :lecture

My nephews wanted popcorn and soda. :gah:

The cute girl behind the counter robbed me something good, didn't even need a gun. :lol

Like I said, over budget. :lol

Regardless, had a great weekend with a great movie. :yess:

They've already Bonded out Rhodey's character. Only a matter of time before they do that with one of the A-listers (heck I guess they even did that with Norton.) Many people thought Nicholson's Joker was definitive until Ledger came along. I'm not saying that's the norm but time has shown that fans are open to new blood for their favorite heroes and villains.

It's such a flip-flop story about what happened. I heard Marvel cut Howard's contractual obligated money, I've heard Howard wanted more money, etc. etc.

At this point, Howard should've done it or tried to reach some sort of agreement. His career hasn't really sky-rocketed since Iron Man and Hustle & Flow. He really could've cemented himself into the role and got paid later on...

My nephews wanted popcorn and soda. :gah:

The cute girl behind the counter robbed me something good, didn't even need a gun. :lol

Like I said, over budget. :lol

Regardless, had a great weekend with a great movie. :yess:

Meh. You win some. You lose some. :lol Next time, when you walk by the concession stand, just shake your figure at her. Then, we'll see who gets the last laugh. :lol :lecture

Thought it was pretty good. Leaps better than the meh First Avenger. I'd put it second behind Iron Man.

The blue suit he has in this one looks great. Way better than the silly looking puffy WWII one that makes his head look tiny.

Scarlett Johansson was hawt hawt hawt.

Loved the bridge scene.

Falcon is another lame Hawkeye.

One buggy thing though is the depiction of his shield. When Winter Soldier punched it Capt would be driven back. Where as in Avengers, Thor with Mjölnir, who I would think is massively stronger than WS, was knocked on his *** by hitting it. Which is the correct depiction of the shield?

His shield is made of vibranium so I think it should be able to absorb the force like it did with Thor's hammer or Tony's repulsor rays in Avengers, but I guess it doesn't make for a very exciting fight scene.

They've already Bonded out Rhodey's character. Only a matter of time before they do that with one of the A-listers (heck I guess they even did that with Norton.) Many people thought Nicholson's Joker was definitive until Ledger came along. I'm not saying that's the norm but time has shown that fans are open to new blood for their favorite heroes and villains.

I don't want to derail the discussion but that's night and day. Rhodey is no RDJ. RDJ basically launched this whole universe but more importantly again, he ties into a bigger picture now. Something Howard or Cheadle never have. The Avengers. He'll be in two of them. To have A3 with Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, and then someone else playing Stark? :lol No thanks.

Same goes with Nicolson and Ledger. Two separate universes thanks to a reboot. Not the case here.

YOLT - OHMSS - Diamonds are Forever - Even James Bond learned their lesson. You can't replace a guy that iconic in the same timeline.

Yeah that is something they forgot wasn't it. No way WS is stronger than Thor or Hulk. Maybe Cap didn't have good footing? :lol

One buggy thing though is the depiction of his shield. When Winter Soldier punched it Capt would be driven back. Where as in Avengers, Thor with Mjölnir, who I would think is massively stronger than WS, was knocked on his *** by hitting it. Which is the correct depiction of the shield?

Mhm well, after the punch, the WS kept pushing, like you say, the WS is not strong like Thor and his hammer, his punches don't generate an explosion-like event, he was just punching the cap, while Thor's hammer strike can obviously generate that explosion-like event, the shield being indestructible would bounce the explosion back to Thor, knocking him down while protecting Cap.

Maybe Cap didn't have good footing? :lol

That's another major factor, Thor's strike was going straight down, that's why Cap didn't go anywhere, while the WS's punches where horizontal, if Thor's hammer strike had been horizontal, it would have sent Cap as far as it would have sent Thor in the opposite direction.

Back