Caprica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the finale and can't wait to see where it goes next. I really dislike the other corporation head guy going after Graystone, cannot think of his name and too lazy to look it up. I hope he gets rocked.

SGU is starting back up though!!!!!

why is there going to be a huge gap in the middle of the season? Why do american networks always do this? surely it's a surefire way to get people to lose interest and lose viewers?

I wonder that as well... I really don't remember that happening years ago, but now seems to be the norm.

Didn't networks start doing this after the writers strike 3 years ago? That's what it seems like to me.

Yup. Seems to go along with it. I remember the first time I noticed this with BSG...I was shaking my head why they would do this to us in the middle of a season. Its bad enough when we have to wait between seasons 3 and 4, but when they break up the seasons and give us gaps in season 3 it just seems that they ran out of ideas or filming time.

The normal order for an untested series is 13 episodes. The network won't order more episodes unless the series is successful. Since they won't know if it's successful until at least 6 or 7 episodes air, there can be a gap while they ramp up and shoot the back 9. (That's what it's called when a network orders the balance of a season to make the traditional 22 episodes).

The normal order for an untested series is 13 episodes. The network won't order more episodes unless the series is successful. Since they won't know if it's successful until at least 6 or 7 episodes air, there can be a gap while they ramp up and shoot the back 9. (That's what it's called when a network orders the balance of a season to make the traditional 22 episodes).

The Dark One Speaketh the Truth.

Hopefully Season 2 runs its course without the mid-season break.

saw the mid season finale - wow

This is fast starting to overtak fringe (or at least catch up to it) as my favourite show. I just love the feel and the mood of it all. McCreary's music in those final scenes building up to the end was just phenomenal. So emotional and powerful.

I really really hope this gets a long run.

So is it definitely coming back for the second half of the season? I know the commentator on the telly here (Sky1 in the UK) said it would be back in the autumn. Is this comfirmed?

ANd i don't supposed there's been any mention of a season 2? I'm sick of all the high quality shows getting cancelled, when rubbish like Andromeda (which I actually watched for a few years) gets to run for decades. ok maybe not decades. lol

Yeah, the second half is definitely coming back in Fall.

As far as the second season--we'll have to see how things go after season 1 is over.

It'll probably continue--although it's puzzling, even BSG topped out at like 2 million viewers, which for any other show would be a failure, so I don't know how Caprica compares.

Did anyone catch the Caprica reference on South Park last night?

So what did you guys think of the musical score for Caprica? I don't think it's anywhere as memorable as BSG, though it shares a lot of similar cues.

So what did you guys think of the musical score for Caprica? I don't think it's anywhere as memorable as BSG, though it shares a lot of similar cues.

BSG was definitely better, there were a few of them I didn't care for in Caprica. I am also not a fan of the intro.

BSG was definitely better, there were a few of them I didn't care for in Caprica. I am also not a fan of the intro.

Funny, I was just thinking the other night that this is the best title sequence in the history of television. I really, really like it - very lush and complex and gives you a little bit about each character.

Funny, I was just thinking the other night that this is the best title sequence in the history of television. I really, really like it - very lush and complex and gives you a little bit about each character.

Haha yea. I am not sure why I don't enjoy it. I don't like them showing things that haven't happened yet though. The one scene where he is building a bunch of the Cylons, was waiting for that scene. Maybe I am being too literal.

Me too, and I feel the city shots in the intro are very reminiscent of Blade Runner's cityscape.

I agree. And like BSG's, it's one I enjoy watching each episode. The music is great too.

I love the title sequence. Very descriptive without actually saying anything. And the music in this show is just EPIC! powerful, emotional, dramatic, beautiful......... bear mccreary is just incredible :rock

i was thinking the exact same thing... it is a work of art.

Back