Caprica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So anyone else still watching this one?

Have to admit the first episodes of the season have left me pretty bored. Just not feeling particularly connected to the characters at the moment and pretty much no content related to Zoe or Tamara seems odd.

I love the show, but these first few episodes are dealing too much with the religion thing, but I read that later in the season it gets into more important stuff so hopefully we'll get something good next episode.

Gave up on the show honestly, it had so much to live up to and while it probably never could; it fell way short for me.

I stopped after 5 or 6 episodes. It was sort of cool, but also too pretentious for my tastes. I think a younger audience would enjoy ut more than I did.

Yeah, I'm fine with the religion aspects as they split between monotheism and polytheism is at the heart of the BSG conflict. But I'm getting more bored with the business politics and kind of sloppy pacing.

Still planning on sticking with the series, but just not psyched up for it :lol

I watched S1 up until the hiatus and haven't been interested in continuing to watch. It's too bad because I really like BSG (even with the religious overtones) but Caprica is just a little too slow and disjointed for my tastes. Is it me or is everyone on this show really depressed and/or stoned? Even though I'm not watching anymore, I'll try and stay current with updates from this thread. I hope it gets better.

I keep feeling like I'm waiting to be entertained, like there's a good part ahead and I just haven't reached it. I can only watch a show so long before they need to follow through.

This is a series set before the first cylon war. Needless to say, that's what most of us would rather see. Cyber-nonsense and corporate boardroom intrigue just aren't doing it for me anymore.

RDM is off writing movies and likely has left the direction of the show's writing to Jane Esperson. It shows.

Scyfi returned the show early. I suspect they will show the remainder of the series and pull the plug.

This is a series set before the first cylon war. Needless to say, that's what most of us would rather see. Cyber-nonsense and corporate boardroom intrigue just aren't doing it for me anymore.

Yeah, first Cylon war would be tits... maybe that will happen one day. The reward for sitting through Caprica :lol

Although I do still have hope the show will pick up a bit, but hard to tell at this point.

The religion thing has always been the underlying theme of Caprica AND BSG.

But a pretty small part compared to the theme of depending on machines and materialism. These last two episodes are completely focused on a fake religion that doesn't need this much explanation.

BTW there's still that Blood and Chrome miniseries that they're doing, I think it was about Adama during the first Cylon war, and if it's successful enough they are thinking about having another spinoff series

Hadn't heard about the Blood and Chrome series, that sounds promising.

So, anyone else looking forward to being bored tonight :lol

I can't imagine anyone is surprised by this. When Sigh-fi brought it back early I think the writing was on the wall. Then they announced the new show the other day. Now they've finally taken this dog around the woodshed to put it down.

BSG dealt had drama and tension. There were BSG stories that would leave me shocked for the next day.

Caprica had

• a cylon centurion with a crush on a boy. "OMG! Ponies!"
  • "My rival CEO want to force me to sell my sports team!!!"
  • Caprica Goodfellas.
  • Matrix rehash.

Yawn...

BSG had some problems during the last season. I don't like some of the things they did in the finale. But even when BSG had a weaker episode there was still something to make it worthwhile every week. I never felt like this show was building towards something. There was no Earth to find. There was no goal at the end of the story arc.

And please, RDM, get over the virtual reality fixation. It's so 90's.

Caprica has been canceled, the rest of the season will be taken off air and will be shown early next year.

Wow... lame. Especially when crap like Stargate can run on for years and years. But, not incredibly surprising as this show did suck pretty hard.

At least in the last episode we got to see a Cylon kill some b itches

That's kind of the kicker, last night was actually an interesting episode since things finally seemed to start happening.

Oh well, guess I now dedicate that hour of my life to something more worthwile :lol

I tuned out of this rubbish around the 5th episode...

When it went all "one true god" and suicide bombers in the first episode i was tuning out...as it went on it got worse :(..and when the Soprano's invaded that was it, i was done....

Ron Moore is a great writer/producer, he gave us some of the best episodes of Star Trek TNG and DS9, not to mention the best of the TNG movies...and of course BSG, a good re-imaging in a sea of rubbish "re-makes"...he sadly dropped the ball here :(

I have my doubts about the next one...but i'll remain optimistic until after it airs :)

I'm not surprised to hear that it's been canceled...but I am disappointed. There was something very rich about the show, especially the talents of the actors involved, that made me hope it would play out longer.

I thought the show was sluggish and had some rough patches, but the feeling that the arcs were moving toward something grand was there. Shame it was canned. I'd have loved to see the Caprica story intertwine with next year's upcoming BSG prequel (the other one).

I missed the last couple episodes. Guess I'll just wait for the blu Ray collection.

Back