Caprica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it too late to catch up on this? How many episodes so far, when on, and what channel? I'm lazy.

Thanks.

Something I think bears mentioning.. is it just me or does Caprica seem to make Bill Adama MUCH older than he seems? I think they say in the pilot it's 50-odd years before the fall of Caprica.. that would make Bill Adama in his 70s-80s during BSG!!

Something I think bears mentioning.. is it just me or does Caprica seem to make Bill Adama MUCH older than he seems? I think they say in the pilot it's 50-odd years before the fall of Caprica.. that would make Bill Adama in his 70s-80s during BSG!!

Yeah, Adama's age didn't add up to me, either, unless Capricans and other humans from the Colonies have longer lifespans than on Earth.

Loved some of the concepts from the pilot such as Zoe creating an advanced avatar of herself, and how that ends up being incorporated with initial Cylon technology.

Show looks promising. I'll be patient and see where it goes. The quality seems to be on par with BSG.

Hopefully the show will still pop for some of the SFX that BSG had if things progress to the 1st Cylon War, etc. ...

They said if I remember correctly it takes place 58 years before the fall of Caprica, and "Willie" is in 3rd grade - so around 8 or 9; that would make him about 66-67 during BSG.

:dunno

Yea.. I guess that's right. I watched it at about 4 am so my math skills weren't the best.. but still, seems older than EJO played him. The man himself is only 62.

So any significance to a main character being named Daniel Graystone? :huh

I enjoyed it when I watched the DVD. It felt very different than BSG, but I could still see it being a good series. I'm mostly interested to see how it ties into the BSG.

I did not watch it on Friday (kind of forgot) but just to be clear its the same as was released a few months ago?

They said if I remember correctly it takes place 58 years before the fall of Caprica, and "Willie" is in 3rd grade - so around 8 or 9; that would make him about 66-67 during BSG.

:dunno

I think they said he was 11 at the beginning when his sister mentioned it was his birthday.

Great second episode also---it looks like they have a good idea of what they want to do with the show while at the beginning of BSG it was kinda just showing single events of how they were trying to survive.

Much better episode this week, I feel more confident about the show now. :cool:

I have to wonder if that actress is a lot older than she looks. If this show goes for 4 years, she's not supposed to change at all and it seems as if she's got a lot of growing still to do.

I have to admit that I'm very fuzzy on the end of BSG, but weren't the skinjobs on old Earth for centuries before creating the cylons in the colonies? I'm really unclear on how cylons can just be created half a century before the events of BSG.

The 13th colony were all cylons and went to found earth, there was some form of nuclear war (what the crew of BSG finds) and the final five were all that were left because they had developed resurrection and had a resurrection ship orbiting earth. They then went to warn the colonies of their potential for suffering the same fate; but when they arrived the First Cylon War was already underway. Their arrival however marked the end of the First War.

... or at least that's how I understood it.

The 13th colony were all cylons and went to found earth, there was some form of nuclear war (what the crew of BSG finds) and the final five were all that were left because they had developed resurrection and had a resurrection ship orbiting earth. They then went to warn the colonies of their potential for suffering the same fate; but when they arrived the First Cylon War was already underway. Their arrival however marked the end of the First War.

... or at least that's how I understood it.

Also if I remember right it took them thousands of years to get there because their ship didn't have ftl capabilities.

Back