Caprica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, um. . . with the recent debate about the Wolverine workprint. . . yeah. . haha. Don't know how they thought they could keep this under wraps till 2010.

It starts off kinda weird. . .no, scratch that, REALLY weird, as in "Where in the hell are they going with this?!?!" but, it's definitely cool to see all the pieces fall into place.

And they don't mess around with
Spoiler Spoiler:
. Don't know what else they could do with this past 2 seasons or so, but whatever. And there's no way it's a coincidence that the missing Cylon Daniel shares a name with the inventor of the Cylon.

Well-the pilot was coming out on DVD next week anyways.

Wow, Dled the pilot. Was really suprised at all the nudity and stuff in the beginning.

I thought it was really great and can see how this leads up to everything we know about the cylons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it's a really cool way to take the show. Hell, they could take it all the way up until the Cylon-Human war and I would be happy. Maybe this series will make it past 4 seasons, cause that would be awesome!!!!

But maybe they can get a better stable of pure actors than Sackhoff, Helfer and Park ( all really beautiful women, just not exactly the best actors in the world)

Gekko

I thought Helfer and Park were excellent, as well as beautiful. Park really grew into her role, and I think Helfer was always very solid. But that's just me.

So who's got this? I think it's really good--a really interesting show. Although I think they might have gone too fast with the creation of the Cylons.

I hope with the show they go all the way to the Cylon war.

Just watched it....

Kind of a combination of "Strange Days" and "AI" meets "Galactica"....it clocks in at around 90 minutes and parts of it do feel a little rushed.

It does have that TV pilot vibe, you know the one where by the time it really picks up the story it's over...til next week sort of feeling. The whole "Club V" opening scene won't make it onto regular TV...way too much of, well, everything for that...

It's not bad, but it's not "Galactica". It will be interesting if they can spin a series out of this though....

I missed the boat on BSG, but plowed through it on DVD; I won't be missing this series. :banana

I doubt it will be as good as BSG, but I'm going to give it a shot. I need something to watch on this lame network. :lol

Yeah its pretty bad when the Sci Fi network doesn't have any good Sci Fi shows on. (Yes, I know the name changed)

Well, I'm a de facto Stargate fan, so Stargate: Universe isn't a terrible show. PLUS, Eureka is a fantastic show and Warehouse 13 can be hit and miss.

Well, I'm a de facto Stargate fan, so Stargate: Universe isn't a terrible show. PLUS, Eureka is a fantastic show and Warehouse 13 can be hit and miss.

This is exactly how I feel, but SG Universe was hit or miss with me too. One episode would be really great only to be followed the next week by a "filler" just to keep it moving along.

~~The Caprica premiere was nothing like what I expected and I had to check the channel after the first couple of minutes. I like where they were going with it, but didn't like how they started it and went with
Spoiler Spoiler:
which I'm not getting a good vibe from.

Guess I'll just have to give two or three more episodes a chance before I give a thumb up or down.

Coming into BSG so late, I am wondering if tonight's premiere is the same as the DVD that came out some time ago?

:dunno

I'm afraid Caprica isn't going to last. The premiere didn't have the same presence that BSG has. When BSG was on every week I was going along in between trying to figure out what's next and dying to see the following episode. With tonight's Caprica I'm struggling to remember the character's names....the Adams'... I mean Adamas.

I don't think it could reach the BSG bar, but I agree this didn't hook me yet. I am willing to stick it out for a few more episodes though. :eek:

I watched it on On Demand a few weeks ago and was really hooked by the end. I personally cant wait to see where it goes.

Back